• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is AnyDVD same as AnyDVD Decoder?

tezarin

Hi all,

I am looking to find the AnyDVD Decoder program and was wondering if AnyDVD posted here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html is the same as AnyDVD Decoder. If not, where can I find the AnyDVD Decoder and is it free?

Thanks!

There is no "Anydvd Decoder". There's Anydvd and Anydvd HD.

Note: Before I begin I am not meaning to lecture you, Webslinger. I'm simply answering further based upon your own reply. :)

References to "AnyDVD Decrypter" exist on CD Freaks - circa 2005 - before AnyDVD Ripper was added to AnyDVD. Refer to this thread. There are other references to "AnyDVD Decrypter" on the net, as well.

I've also seen the phrase "AnyDVD decoder" on the net and recently in this forum. Refer to this thread. You, yourself, replied in the thread, Webslinger. ;)

A simple Google search for both "AnyDVD Decrypter" and "AnyDVD decoder" will result in a couple dozen hits. It's a matter of semantics. Technically the term decrypter is more correct. Neither decrypter nor decoder are part of the product name. The two words may have been interchangeable at one time but I no longer consider them to be.

So, the really really short answer is that in all likelihood the answer to the OPs question is yes AnyDVD is the same as AnyDVD Decoder. Further clarification from the OP would result in a more clear answer, however.

Last edited:
You, yourself, replied in the thread, Webslinger.

Yes, regardless of people (wrongly, in my opinion) referring to Anydvd by other names, there is no "Anydvd Decoder" product.
("Anydvd ripper" was the name given to that feature by James; but there is no "Anydvd Decoder" or "Anydvd Decrypter"; there's
just Anydvd and Anydvd HD)

Last edited:
Yes, regardless of people referring to Anydvd by other names, there is no "Anydvd Decoder" product.

Absolutely correct but the person doesn't know any better hence my longer explanation. Maybe if they come back and read the reply they'll understand and/or clarify the original question. :)

Absolutely correct but the person doesn't know any better hence my longer explanation. Maybe if they come back and read the reply they'll understand and/or clarify the original question. :)

Yes, I'm sure the OP will find your reply more useful than my short reply.
Thank you.

Thank you all so much for your replies, specially you, DrinkLyeAndDie, for taking your time and explaining them.
Also thanks oldjoe and webslinger.

Yes, I was so confused as the same term Decoder was used in one of the threads in this forum and even the results of my google search didn't help...

Now I know they are the same software. And by looking at the AnyDVD section I realized the trial will be free and for 21 days only.

Thanks again :)

A few replies here...

The two words may have been interchangeable at one time but I no longer consider them to be.

I just wanted to clarify myself here. Technically according to the dictionary definitions decode is a synonym of decrypt. I disagree with this, personally, because in decoding you are converting a signal/data from one form to another. A decrypter removes obfuscation resulting in decrypted data. On a very broad sense I suppose converting encrypted data to a decrypted data could be considered decoding but... it's the wrong term in my book.

And, yeah, I know I'm being overly anal with my definitions. ;)

Yes, I'm sure the OP will find your reply more useful than my short reply.
Thank you.

Glad to help. We're all here for that, aren't we?

And, hey, didya like my prettified links? I'm sure SamuriHL did! ;)

Thank you all so much for your replies, specially you, DrinkLyeAndDie, for taking your time and explaining them.

It was my pleasure. :)

Now I know they are the same software. And by looking at the AnyDVD section I realized the trial will be free and for 21 days only.

21 days should be a good amt of time to experiment and the software is well worth it IMO! :bowdown:

Back