• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

hajj_3

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

NOTE: SlySoft will eventually resolve this issue in the coming Slyce product, not AnyDVD.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message. For any other information about Cinavia use this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Hopefully a moderator could make this post a sticky.

Cross-reference to this list available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia#List_of_Known_Releases_with_Cinavia_Watermarking

Blurays:

The Losers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region A
The Karate Kid (2010) - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
Salt - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Other Guys - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Resident Evil Afterlife - Region A, B and C (3Q 2011)
The Social Network - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Battle: Los Angeles - Region A and Region B, C (3Q 2011)
Zookeeper - Region A (reported 10/2011)
Smurfs - Region A (reported 12/2011)
Roommate - Region A re-released on BluRay (reported 12/2011)
Friends With Benefits - Region B (reported 01/2012)

DVDs:

The Takers - Region 1 (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region 1 (reported 9/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 1 (reported 10/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 2 & Region 5 (reported 12/2011)
Wrath of the titans - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)
Project X - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)

Bluray players/media players that contain Cinavia:

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) - Firmwares affected - all firmwares newer than v3.01 contain Cinavia (Message Code 3)
Pioneer BDP-V6000 - unknown firmware atm
Samsung BD 5700
Denon DBP-1611UD - unknown firmware atm
Marantz UD5005 - unknown firmware atm

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Software players that contain Cinavia:

CyberLink PowerDVD 12

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3
Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010
CyberLink PowerDVD 10
CyberLink PowerDVD 11

SamuriHL Update: Note that TV's, Receivers, cell phones, tablets, sound cards, cable modems, pocket watches, and any other device that is *NOT* a player DOES NOT "contain Cinavia". It is not technically possible as the *PLAYER* has to determine what is or is not a trust source. If you suspect you are dealing with a Cinavia problem, you will know if, and ONLY IF, you SEE AN ACTUAL CINAVIA MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN. I don't care if the "title contains Cinavia". If you do NOT see a Cinavia ERROR message, you are NOT dealing with a Cinavia problem.

NOTE:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it sticky. Just a question and then I'll clean this up (as we don't want it to be a discussion thread)....how did you test The Runaways? Like I said, once you answer I'll delete our posts to keep this thread clean.

I wouldn't necessarily trust that site, they have Repo Men as having Cinavia, but mine doesn't have it on the Unrated version

Neither does my Runaways. So don't know about that one. Maybe someone with a rental copy can test...
I tested with a bd copy, I'll rip it to avi, maybe I get Cinavia that way.

@fast eddie, do you have both of those players, if so which firmwares are on them and which movie did u test and was is from a bluray source e.g a bdrip xvid?

Neither does my Runaways. So don't know about that one. Maybe someone with a rental copy can test...
I tested with a bd copy, I'll rip it to avi, maybe I get Cinavia that way.

the link i replied with shows the name of the runaways bdrip copy which is on piratebay i believe, maybe you could try that, its possible some regions of the movie don't contain the protection or possibly even some countries due to legal rights. So please do a bdrip xvid from your disc and also try the copy they stated that does have cinavia. Did u test your BD-R copy on a ps3, if so which firmware does it have on?

Last edited:
@fast eddie, do you have both of those players, if so which firmwares are on them and which movie did u test and was is from a bluray source e.g a bdrip xvid?

the link i replied with shows the name of the runaways bdrip copy which is on piratebay i believe, maybe you could try that, its possible some regions of the movie don't contain the protection or possibly even some countries due to legal rights. So please do a bdrip xvid from your disc and also try the copy they stated that does have cinavia. Did u test your BD-R copy on a ps3, if so which firmware does it have on?

I have PS3 fw3.40.
For those rips that were mentioned in the link, I think the problem was "header removal" issue with DTS tracks and not Cinavia. And ppl just mixed up the results.
I will make a divx rip of my bd and try it as well and post results.
Also, I think The Losers, The Runaways and Repo Men are only released in USA atm.

this is the firmware for the wdtv g2 that I have that plays the loser's fine. firmware I have is 1.01.70

is the model number for your WDTV this? - WDBABF0000NBK-NESN

IMHO you're giving the Cinavia protection much more attention than it currently deserves.

So do I. So far we only have 1 Blu-ray with full confirmation that it's active

Since nothing with it seems to have come out this week, it'd be a fair statement to say that The Losers seems like a test. Nonetheless, it does seem like a rather successful one so far. I think we'll see more of this going forward, but, yes, as of today, we have one disc in the wild.

@ hajj 3

The Losers rental version, BD-Rom single layer, built by BDMV folder method

Tested the Sony BDP S301 firmware 4.30 (latest is 5.30) and no problems (Cinavia free)

Back-up Sony BDP S560 and updated to the firmware version 007 but did not test The Losers back-up. Did not need to, so many posts claiming Cinavia free even with the latest version 007 loaded so (Cinavia free)

My Sony BDP CX960 400 disc Blu-Ray changer came today....on the back of the unit was a white sticker with May 2010 on it and from the set-up menu the firmware was version 013 I loaded the back-up of The Losers the same one that lost audio and had the Cinavia message when played on my PS3, and it played perfectly from start to finish....so both the BDP S560, and the BDP CX960 appear to be Cinavia free.

Has it been confirmed that Cinavia affects any other player besides the PS3?

Yes it has. I took the backup to my friends and tested on his LG BD550 and that had Cinavia. It got to about 20 minutes and then the audio would cut out for 15 seconds, then cut back in for 15 repeatedly, for the next 30 minutes or so that I watched it.

FYI I've tested ArcSoft TMT3 185 and it does not detect Cinavia.

All WD TV models Cinavia-free?

I own a WD TV Live and was worried about this Cinavia issue. So I was browsing the net and came across this post where it is stated that all the WD TV models are Cinavia-free (except for the Mini which hasn't been tested yet, but no reason to assume it will be affected).

Also, it is stated that:

To make testing easier for everyone, we need a PS3 owner to first of all confirm that a file has Cinavia and pops up the error message. Next we need the file progressively chopped up into smaller and smaller bits till we reach a point where the sample still is guaranteed to trigger the error. If possible, the video quality can be degraded since that will bring down the file size and shouldn't affect the audio track and thus the Cinavia watermarking. Also, one important thing to keep in mind is that if an MKV sample is being created, be sure to disable header removal compression in MKVMerge, since this may be confused with Cinavia and cause false positives. Once this sample is made available to everyone for easy download, we can all keep it at hand or even burn a copy to disc to test the various players we own (not just WD TVs).
I think this is a wonderful idea! So, can any PS3 owner here help all of us out?

Last edited:
Back