• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC1

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC1

* Added: Control of minimum window size (in resizing windows)
* Added: Resizing grip indication (in the lower left corner)
* Added: Refuses to run if AnyDVD or DVD43 are detected
* BugFix: Not fixed, but workarounded. Dissapearing dells dialog when hitting "split button"

Enjoy!

That's actually not as funny as you may think. ;)

No, don't delete it. It's just that I truly am the reason for that change. Seriously.

EDIT:

Perhaps I should explain what I mean by that. On doom9 I was debating about using VobBlanker as a ripper in combination with AnyDVD. A couple guys told me I was an idiot for calling VobBlanker a ripper. So I debated and it became a long discussion and I basically said "I don't care what you call it, but, it works." Well, the author of VobBlanker chimed in and said "VobBlanker is NOT a ripper. It can fix corrupt DVD structures but it is NOT intended to be used to bypass copy protection." Hence, we have all the betas removed and RC1 checks for AnyDVD now. I really don't blame him for doing this given the current climate we live in.

Last edited:
No, don't delete it. It's just that I truly am the reason for that change. Seriously.

EDIT:

Perhaps I should explain what I mean by that. On doom9 I was debating about using VobBlanker as a ripper in combination with AnyDVD. A couple guys told me I was an idiot for calling VobBlanker a ripper. So I debated and it became a long discussion and I basically said "I don't care what you call it, but, it works." Well, the author of VobBlanker chimed in and said "VobBlanker is NOT a ripper. It can fix corrupt DVD structures but it is NOT intended to be used to bypass copy protection." Hence, we have all the betas removed and RC1 checks for AnyDVD now. I really don't blame him for doing this given the current climate we live in.

One of us will have to stand near you with a roll of duct tape in the future, eh? ;) Tsk tsk.

Rather unfortunate . . .

I notice, however, there's no mention of dvdidle or DVD Region+CSS Free. I smell a conspiracy! ;)

Last edited:
I guess that I'll be using beta8 ... for a while

.... or just dragging and dropping to HDD first ... ;)

If it keeps VobBlanker Alive ...
- It's worth it 8)
- No Complaints - from me

It definitely does 'shut-down' with AnyDVD running

I had always thought that it 'Processed" to HDD :doh: ..... ( J/K )

;)

I think it was wise of jsoto to add the check. It protects him and VobBlanker..."they" can't come to him and say that it can be used to break copy protections or that it was the intended purpose. He's not a company, so, he has to be very careful what he does. I don't blame him in the least and would do the same thing in his place.

"they" can't come to him and say that it can be used to break copy protections or that it was the intended purpose

Still works with DVD Region+CSS Free as far as I can tell . . .

But it's not as though fixvts was a decrypter either, so /shrug

I think "they" can come up with whatever excuse "they" want.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
True enough, but, if he did nothing then it would look like he's complacent. The thing is, some of us discovered that VobBlanker when used with AnyDVD was very good at cleaning up a DVD structure so that Shrink could open it. This is when people were getting pissed at the thought of having to pay for CloneDVD just to rip DVD's to use with Shrink. So we started letting people know that VobBlanker could be used in that way. Jsoto very much disagreed with this use of VobBlanker and took action. I don't see it as a problem. The VobBlanker thing was NEVER intended to be a permanent solution to the DVD Shrink/AnyDVD problem anyway...it was just to fill in the gaps. I'm hopeful that a solution is coming from Slysoft soon. ;)

VOBBlanker vs. AnyDVD

I've never tried nor had the urge to run VOBBlanker with AnyDVD activated, but maybe I should stash my copy of 2.1.3.0 beta 10 in a safe place, in case I ever need it for something?

That's certainly up to you, but, not a horrible idea. :) Then again, I don't necessarily see what the big fuss is all about anyway. I mean, seriously, is it so hard to copy the VIDEO_TS dir to your hard drive, and THEN worry about VobBlanking it? :)

That's certainly up to you, but, not a horrible idea. :) Then again, I don't necessarily see what the big fuss is all about anyway. I mean, seriously, is it so hard to copy the VIDEO_TS dir to your hard drive, and THEN worry about VobBlanking it? :)

Of course not - but everything seems to be a big deal these days, whether it actually is or not. And I expect if I happen to have this sitting around - so does half the rest of the world.

Certainly quite a few people do I'm sure. As long as you remember it's a beta and it does contain some bugs. But, it really depends on what you want to use it for. I like it for blanking titles that CloneDVD can't touch, for instance. In that instance, there's no reason I can't rip with CloneDVD to remove the majority of the crap, and then use VobBlanker on that to remove the rest before I compress. It's all about using the right tool for the job. Hence I want my toolbox full. :)

<snip>
there's no reason I can't rip with CloneDVD to remove the majority of the crap, and then use VobBlanker on that to remove the rest before I compress. It's all about using the right tool for the job. Hence I want my toolbox full. :)

And it just shows that my convoluted methods were ahead of their time. I can see the future. ;)

Back