• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Codename The Cleaner - CSS issues

enrage

Using latest update to Anydvd and it brought up a message after scanning the disc. Message stated that it didnt find the correct CSS keys and it would guess. Playback couldn't be guaranteed.
I'm guessing Slysoft is aware of this new release and this new issue...right?

To answer your question: In general it works, when anydvd guesses the key.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Slysoft is aware of this new release and this new issue...right?

It's not a "new issue". The issue is your reader's region code needs to match the region of the disc. Otherwise, as sheep stated, ignore the the message, and things will probably still work.

Ok, thanks. I did check the region code in the anydvd settings and it does match the region code on the disc.
I just never seen this message before.

thanks

I backed up the region 1 version of this disc and got no such message. But as usual there are different protection in different regions. I am sure it will work, just ignore that message.:agree:

enrage, I got the same message just ignore the message. I copyed the movie and it played fine.

Thanks. just to make sure, i tried it on another pc and i didnt get the message.

I have gotten this message a few time, I ignored it and the movies backed up & played back just fine.:agree: It IS just because the region codes don't match up. However, since Slysoft's AnyDVD makes the discs region free, I don't see why it happens. My optical drives will remain region code free. I like it that way.

code name the cleaner

I tryed other movies an they are css protected in windows XP but tryed it on a windows 98 2nd edition an it is not css protected only Xp does it ??????

I tryed other movies an they are css protected in windows XP but tryed it on a windows 98 2nd edition an it is not css protected only Xp does it ??????

The operating system doesn't have anything to do with removing copy protection. That is what AnyDVD does. Whichever computer you have that is running AnyDVD is the one that is removing the copy protection.

Again, the optical drive's region code must match the region on the disc to avoid seeing that error message in Anydvd.

how do you set the region ?????

1.Exit Anydvd.

2. Right click My Computer-->properties-->hardware-->device manager-->dvd/cd-rom drives-->whatever your drive is-->right click and select "properties"-->select "Dvd region". Select the appropriate country and make the change. Do this without Anydvd running.

3. Run Anydvd

Back