• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there an MPEG2 or WMV option coming soon

Mr_RIP

I finally got a 360 and now I bought CloneDVD mobile today. The guys at missingremote.com pointed me here. So I am converting all my movies to a single VOB pass thru file. My NExt step is to find the VideoReDo software and convert them all to Mpeg. No big deal I guess but I don't understand why CloneDVD or CloneDVD mobile doesn't support the conversion itself. Is it a legal issue?

Thanks for the products. I have bought AnyDVD, CloneDVD and Mobile and all have never failed me.

I finally got a 360 and now I bought CloneDVD mobile today. The guys at missingremote.com pointed me here. So I am converting all my movies to a single VOB pass thru file. My NExt step is to find the VideoReDo software and convert them all to Mpeg. No big deal I guess but I don't understand why CloneDVD or CloneDVD mobile doesn't support the conversion itself. Is it a legal issue?

Thanks for the products. I have bought AnyDVD, CloneDVD and Mobile and all have never failed me.

Rename your single VOB file to .MPG. No other conversion required.

Should I need to put it back on DVD what program do you recommend. I know I authored a DVD in Vista's DVD maker and it took about an hour to author. That seems odd for something that was converted from VOB to MPG in a matter of minutes.

Rename your single VOB file to .MPG. No other conversion required.

And it's important to note that if you use "VOB File (passthrough)" and and want the entire movie all in one large file, uncheck the "produce separate chapter files" before ripping with CloneDVD mobile. Of course, this is only relevant to converting to MPEG.

Let's say I rip my DVD with the "VOB File (passthrough)" option, stripping subtitles, additional languages, useless segments (FBI warning and such) and reduce the quality so the resulting file's size is less than 800Mb.

If I rename the file to MPG and burn it to a CD-R, do I get an SVCD?

Just take the big .VOB file you renamed to .MPG and use Windows Media Encoder ( download from MS website ) and create a .WMV file of any type and size you want. It's Windows Media 9, which even supports HD, so you have quite a range of quality settings and selections.

searchable mpg

Just re-naming the file extension to .mpg gives a file Vista Media Centre can see and play, but it doesn't know the length of the video so pause and play takes you back to the start, skip and search don't work at all and the thumbnails don't work properly.

I have no problem with the filesize remaining as it is - is there a profile which gives me full quality mpeg2 with sound but has all the information a normal mpg file has?

(BTW - using media centre extender, hence need files as mpegs which the stupid thing can play rather than vob's which it ignores)

Back