• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista problem

Sparrowhawke

I have recently upgraded to Vista. I am running a Dell Inspiron 9400. When I use CloneDVD along with anyDVD I get the error message "Cannot obtain exclusive access to the drive." This happens when it has finished reading and I insert a blank DVD when asked. I hope someone can help with this.:confused:

I don't use Vista, so I'm not sure. However, it sounds to me as though this is an administrator/permissions issue in Vista.

1. Ensure you're logged in as administrator. "Or to run Anydvd as Administrator every time you run it in Windows Vista, simply goto the start menu, find Anydvd, right click on it, select “Properties”, then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

Now do this for all your Slysoft programs, including Clonedvd.

info taken from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24237&postcount=17

2. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you absolutely have to (but only do so as a last resort).

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks a bunch, that seems to have done it. No problems with the last few DVD's. Much apprectiated.:agree:

Same Problem except XP Pro

I'm having the EXACT problem, except I'm not using Vista, I still have Windows XP Pro. I haven't had any problems until the latest patch for Any DVD 6.1.3.6. I don't understand, because there isn't a patch for Clone DVD.

When I look at the details it says the problem is in WinDVD Write 2 (something).

Any ideas?

I assume I can't cause this is the problem CloneDVD is giving right?

I tried doing the administrator check that was given in an earlier post, but it wasn't an option.

Back