• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need to disable anyDVD and image drive for securerom games to work

model359

I upgraded my GJ a while back but to version 2.8.17.500 and have not used it in a while to play games. I fired up KOTOR and it would not start. complained about securom complained about emulation software. I disabled both anydvd and clonecd and everything worked.

I did not have to do that with my older version of GJ, just with the latest version.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

I disabled both anydvd and clonecd and everything worked.

You just need to disable Clonecdtray (or cycle "hide cd-r media" on and off). I've had no issues with Kotor, Kotor2, F.E.A.R., NW2, F.E.A.R. Extraction point, nor any other Securerom protected game that I own.

Last edited:
I just tried that and still no go.

I still need to have anydvd disable and virtual clone drive set to disable.

No big deal to do that... just found that I had to do it with this version of GJ and not the later version.

I still need to have anydvd disable and virtual clone drive set to disable.

Virtual clone drive is a given. All virtual drives need to be disabled or "hidden". But I have no issues with Anydvd and GJ.

And I never have clonecdtray running; it's completely useless, imo. However, cycling "hide cd-r media" on, off, and on again use to work for me. And that wasn't an issue with GJ; it was an issue with Securerom.

Last edited:
Y.A.S.U. is the way to go :)

I use it and Virtual CD v9 and everything works like a charm with SecuROM.

As well I never have AnyDVD running unless I am using it to copy a DVD, as for CloneCD... I haven't found much use for it.

with new securom yasu didnt work for me. I also tried yasu while i had closed out deamon, ccd tray, virtual image drive, alcohol, and nero emulations. the new versions of Securom blacklist GJ somehow; check out a fan made plugin
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3178&page=2 (need to scroll down a bit to find the links)
supposedly it works with the new 7.31/7.32 (some games need a little fussing around to get it to work though)

Back