• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.3.6 released

It wont install. Halfway thru the installation, an error pops up;

Error opening up file for writing
C\WINDOWS\system 32\elbyCDIO.dll
Hit "Abort" to abort installation,
"Retry" to retry writing the file,
"Ignore" to skip this file

:doh:

I am sure there will be a fix soon....

I am sure there will be a fix soon....

No fix is needed. I've installed it on three systems without issue.

You need to close everything before installing Anydvd.

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed this version and it went smooth. I rebooted, put in my key and now I am good to go.

Thats a first in the 2 years Ive had AnyDVD. 8)

Oh well......

Thanks!

Only one hitch during the upgrade, when it went to reboot my system it wasn't able to close "elbytrayicon", or something like that, had to click end task myself. Just one of those things, probably windows fault rather than anydvds.

Top work SlySoft :D

anydvd 6.1.3.5

Have the previous version but when I go to install the upgrade it loads super quick and I have dial up so it isnt loading and gives me .3. I already have .5 so it is kind of weird that it drops me back to an earlier one. Do you know how I can load this one.

Probably need to clear your browser cache (Temporary Internet Files). The newest is 6.1.3.6 which came out yesterday.

Have the previous version but when I go to install the upgrade it loads super quick and I have dial up so it isnt loading and gives me .3. I already have .5 so it is kind of weird that it drops me back to an earlier one. Do you know how I can load this one.

If you use the first link I posted in my very first post at the top of this thread, you won't have that issue.

when it's obvious there's something wrong with the new update?

It's not obvious at all. If it were the forums would be loaded with updating issues.
I've had no problems on three systems.

It's up to Slysoft to issue a patch so it works properly.

No patch is needed.

Last edited:
No fix is needed. I've installed it on three systems without issue.

You need to close everything before installing Anydvd.

c) Reboot
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

I've been gone for a while, so in case I've missed something, I apologize in advance. But why all the exra steps to install the new 6.1.3.6 update?

I've been gone for a while, so in case I've missed something, I apologize in advance. But why all the exra steps to install the new 6.1.3.6 update?

That's only for messed up systems or for those who, in general, need a little guidance. I've never had to follow those steps.

Last edited:
problems installed 6.1.3.6

I also had errors during the upgrade process. It couldn't write several files; and when it was done, the new version and my old version wouldn't work. I re-ran an old update for a prior version, and got running again, but the new version still won't install. I'll try turning everything off, but never had to do that in the past when upgrading. Hopefully Slysoft will take at look at the problem and post a new version that works as well as the past updates.

I also had errors during the upgrade process. It couldn't write several files; and when it was done, the new version and my old version wouldn't work. I re-ran an old update for a prior version, and got running again, but the new version still won't install. I'll try turning everything off, but never had to do that in the past when upgrading. Hopefully Slysoft will take at look at the problem and post a new version that works as well as the past updates.

The new update works fine for most. I ran it on three systems without any problems.

Updates

Slysoft manages to release frequent updates that work with a gajillion configurations of hardware/software on different folk's systems. Can they anticipate every potential conflict? Of course not. Give these folks a pat on the back, not an "I don't want to have to do anything other than download it for the program to work (that would be nice, but software of any kind doesn't play well with others all the time)." I've used AnyDVD for over a year and had only one update that caused a problem (a version that seemed to cause only a few others any difficulty). I followed the links supplied by Webslinger, followed the very detailed directions, and no problems since then, despite additional updates. If you ask for clarification, they will supply it, particularly if you post on the Forum. The "Slysoft needs to supply a patch" complaints are valid when they get bunches of input that something isn't working well--and they do so, but it's not necessarily going to be that day. They are very creative software authors, not magicians, who provide a software that must be constantly altered due to its very nature in order to meet its demands. No, I do not work for Slysoft, in no way connected with them, just a longtime consumer. But, if you send a courteous request for tech support on a particular issue, you will get a helpful reply back (been there and done that more than once on this and other issues). It may take a day or two, but they're not just ignoring you. Give them time to respond to your request--and the others that are also wanting answers to any number of issues in line before you. The Forum has excellent response time (check out other tech forums and you'll find posts going back months) and the Slysoft teams response is exceptional. AnyDVD is the best program of its kind out there. You may have an occasional hiccup when an update rarely interacts with something on your system (either with a previous version of AnyDVD or a combination of your other software, the earlier versions, the current version, something in the particular update itself, etc.), but the bottom line is that these folks will work hard to resolve your particular issue. If you have to adjust something in your system to eliminate a particular conflict, don't get mad--be glad they are so good at troubleshooting individual difficulties, that they have this Forum (they don't have to), Follow the directions they give exactly (yes, including restarting windows after particular steps) and AnyDVD will most likely hum along in its usual quietly efficient manner.
Slysoft, know that you will always hear from those with who are disgruntled, but that for every grumble there are hundreds who think you guys provide the best support of any software out there.:clap:
Best regards to Slysoft and my fellow civilians on the Forum,
Cycat

Last edited:
Installer reporting corrupted files

Several days ago when I tried to install the update I recieved an error message stating "Error Decompressing Date! Corrupted Installer?"
Two days ago it stopped on this file: AnyDialog.dll
Today's download stops on this file: RegAnyDVD.dll
Any ideas?

Several days ago when I tried to install the update I recieved an error message stating "Error Decompressing Date! Corrupted Installer?"
Two days ago it stopped on this file: AnyDialog.dll
Today's download stops on this file: RegAnyDVD.dll
Any ideas?

Yes.

Close everything before installing Anydvd.

c) Reboot
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot

Last edited:
Install works now

Yesterday I was able to download an installation that worked. Thanks for the hard work!!

Back