• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problems using AnyDVD with Sony DRU-830A

jordalsteele

I have recently bought a SONY DRU-830A and I have installed it but did not istall the software that came with it (Nero) I have been using AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120% and DVD Shrink 3.2. I have had no problems until my other burner quit working and I had to buy another one and I bought the Sony DRU-830A. I have tried numerous disks (Gilmore Girls Complete 1st Season, Freedom Writers, Mystic Pizza, Charlotte's Web, etc.)

When I use DVD Shrink 3.2 it says DVD Shrink encountered and error and cannot continue. Failed to read rile "D:\" The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

CloneDVD2 says This DVD is copy-protected.

DVD Decrypter says I/O Error! Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS23 (D:) (ATA) ScsiStatus: 0x02 Interpretation: Check Condition CDC: 28 00 00 00 00 30 00 00 01 00 Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 48 Sence Area: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 00 00 Interpretation: Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA+DMA/32)

:mad: :confused: :(

Are your problems encountered ONLY with the new Sony DVDRW?

CloneDVD2 says This DVD is copy-protected.

That error message indicates Anydvd isn't working on your system, if it is running in the background (and
if not, it needs to be).

Provided your drive is actually working (can it see and play movies?) and Anydvd was running, you need to go through the steps listed here

What Anydvd won't do is fix a broken burner or one that isn't installed properly.

Last edited:
No! I bought an Ativa DVD+-RW Lightscribe before I bought this one and I couldn't get that one to work either. I had a MicroAdvantage before and I had no trouble with it for the last 2-3 years. I have recently had my computer worked on at GRAND COMPUTERS and he installed Windows XP Home Edition. I don't know what is going on. I'm ready to pull my hair out. I have tried everything I have thought of. I have unistalled and reinstalled programs. Nero Essentials came with the Writer but I had it installed with the Ativa Model and a friend told me that it was probably causing problems with AnyDVD so I unistalled it and I have not installed it with this DVD writer. I just don't know what to do now. If you can help me please do so. Thanks

Sounds like this *COULD* be an ide driver problem. Webslinger, do you have a magic linkie for those kinds of issues? It's too early for me to post all that info right now. But essentially, I'm thinking you have custom, non-microsoft ide drivers installed that are interfering with the drive.

Sounds like this *COULD* be an ide driver problem. Webslinger, do you have a magic linkie for those kinds of issues?

For non-standard stuff, yes, in two places, and it's in step 3 from the link I already provided in this thread.

For non-standard stuff, yes, in two places, and it's in step 3 from the link I already provided in this thread.

Well, we'll see what he says for the stuff you asked him to do. But gut instinct tells me there's some problem in the IDE configuration.

Well, we'll see what he says for the stuff you asked him to do. But gut instinct tells me there's some problem in the IDE configuration.

Could be right.
Easy enough to delete the entries and reboot (usually).

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have a Sony DRU-830A and I use it with AnyDVD, CloneDVD and DVDShrink without fail. Before I burned my first copy, I went ahead and made sure the driver was updated and that my drive was recognizing things as DVD-ROM. No problems encountered to date (since January).

thanks.....Mike

Hi there,

I have a Sony DRU-830A and I use it with AnyDVD, CloneDVD and DVDShrink without fail. Before I burned my first copy, I went ahead and made sure the driver was updated and that my drive was recognizing things as DVD-ROM. No problems encountered to date (since January).

thanks.....Mike

Thanks for the info...at least we know that this combination should work fine.

Back