• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

adding analog MV to DVD backups?

O

odd_function

I checked the postings and I could not find this question anywhere so, here it goes:
Is it possible/is there a program to add analog macrovision protection to DVD backups,
to prevent copying? I tried Adobe Encore DVD to protect DVD backups but, it's way to complicated.
It would be awesome if there is a program out there that can add Analog macrovision protection on DVDs. :)

:bowdown:

This question has been asked on numerous forums and the answer is why? You can add it but that it can be removed really easy so if anyone wants to they can so why add it. You would be far better off if this was a Homemade DVD you produced to put the copyright stamp on it and then if copied w/o your permission then you could sue them in court for damages. Macrovision is very easy to crack and the expense would be prohibitive unless you were producing 10,000+ copies of the DVD.

To do this go to a DVD duplicating company that pays a royalty to Macrovision and get them to duplicate your DVD.

APS is just a flag set on the DVD that DVD players see and activate the APS. It's easily bypassed and not very useful as any kind of protection. IOW, why bother...

Not everyone owns a Computer and/DVD burner. It appears that MV is very effective preventing copying using analog.

Really? So no one was able to copy VCR tapes because of all the protection? Please...APS is easy to get around even if it's active.

Not everyone owns a Computer and/DVD burner. It appears that MV is very effective preventing copying using analog.

Then they most likely can't copy anyway.
There is NO totally effective protection, which should be pretty obvious by viewing DVD forums.

Back