• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD and CloneDVD work with MS Vista?

Woof

I am about to get a new computer. Has anyone used the programs with Windows Vista yet? Are there any problems?

I am about to get a new computer. Has anyone used the programs with Windows Vista yet? Are there any problems?
Yes. AnyDVD will be working for HD-DVD discs soon also but not sure about B-Ray. I don't have Vista but people say all 4 products work fine.

I have had AnyDVD installed on Vista RC1 b5728 & RC2 b5744 Beta Builds and I can report that it works fine on these 2 Beta versions. A friend of mine has the full build of Vista and also has AnyDVD which, again works as normal.

Andy.

Last edited:
I am currently running Vista Enterprise Edition on a business computer, I've had it since the first week of December and AnyDVD runs without any problems on Vista.

Slysoft has already made their products compatible with both Vista 32 bit and 64 bit.

Works great with Vista - No need to use XP ever again...

Is Vista even worth getting? also a question about the HD-DVD's, if you do not have a HD TV is there any reason to get AnyDVD-HD till you get a HDTV or it's a free or severely discounted upgrade?

Is Vista even worth getting?
No. (my personal opinion)

also a question about the HD-DVD's, if you do not have a HD TV is there any reason to get AnyDVD-HD till you get a HDTV
No, unless you want to use your PC monitor as a HDTV (PC monitors usually have a high resolution)

Thanks James! That is what I thought about Vista also after reading reviews. Seems it's got a few upgrades and a lot of fluff that makes it a memory hog, and they (MS) want way to much money for it as usual.
I will likely get the new version of AnyDVD-HD anyway. The wife has me watching as my son is remodeling the kitchen and living room and she has been looking at theater seating and projection units. Do you know of any good projection units that they don't want a small fortune for?

Thanks James! That is what I thought about Vista also after reading reviews. Seems it's got a few upgrades and a lot of fluff that makes it a memory hog, and they (MS) want way to much money for it as usual.
I will likely get the new version of AnyDVD-HD anyway. The wife has me watching as my son is remodeling the kitchen and living room and she has been looking at theater seating and projection units. Do you know of any good projection units that they don't want a small fortune for?
Define "a small fortune". :)
It is difficult to give you an advice, as choosing a projection system highly depends on the size of the room, the size of the screen, the lighting (can you darken the room like a real cinema?) the view distance from the screen...
For a screen width up to 100" I would recommend the new JVC HD-1/RS-1 unit. It is not "cheap" (US$ 7,000, maybe you can get it for less), but has a flexible Zoom Lens & Lens Shift, 3 LCOS panels (I am very sensitive to the rainbow effect of single chip DLPs), full HD resolution (1980x1080), supports 24p (great for a media center PC running XP, PowerDVD Ultra, AnyDVD HD & ReClock), and the best - it has a native on/off contrast ratio of 15000:1 (!!!!) without dynamic iris or other tricks.

HD really shows its strength on large screens. You will be amazed. On small (normal) sized TVs when you are watching from a normal distance, HD is IMHO a waste of money.

Back