• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile release 1.7.0.0

1.7.0 makes useless divx files

Since upgrading to the new release, every DVD i've transcoded to avi has no audio and jerks to a start for about 30 seconds on playback then freezes. VOB passthru seems fine... Is there a way to revert to my prior release which was working fine?

Still getting the lurching motion in some movies, it does seem to have gotten better tho.

On a positive note Avatar plays flawlessly on my Zune. No Lurching at all, motion is nice & smooth. A/V is perfectly in sync.

Specs:
MP4 - Zune
Max quality
3 pass

Still have a ton of movies to go through and do, so far only failed on Toy Story 2. Will post more, once I have gone through more movies.

Verison 1.7.0.0 might be busted, but snagging old version 1.2 from one of the links here is golden. Don't ever remove the 'go back' link until you've figured out how to make 1.7+ work more reliably than it does. Seems like the last 2 'upgrades' were DOA for me. Maybe you should beta them before letting everyone upgrade to them to their dismay. Back to the Future!

1.7.0.0 was in beta...

1.7.0.0 was in beta for some time (as 1.6.2.2 I believe?).

I feel your pain in that it didn't work for you, but it did solve problems for some of us (self included). I've been waiting for a working solution since I upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit six months ago.

Post the log of your fail - it's the only thing you can do that can help them improve it.

Dane Cook: Isolated Incident

I ended up with a fail around 5% while trying to encode Isolated Incident to a PSP .avc file (the first profile). I made an attempt at 4 different passes, which are all included in this post. From a burned copy (which plays fine in the DVD player), I tried 3, 2, and 1 pass. Then I tried a single pass from the files I used to burn the DVD (using CloneDVD).

Attachments

• Dane Cook Isolated Incident.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 2
Max and Ruby Playtime with Max and Ruby

The DVD "Max and Ruby Playtime with Max and Ruby" failed on the first pass.

Attachments

• Max and Ruby Playtime with Max and Ruby.zip
    15 KB · Views: 0
Transcoder logs

Just started working with AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile to create iPhone videos from my DVDs. Have had lots of success, but have ran into two errors. I've attached the transcoder logs.

Keep plugging guys.

Attachments

• Cars.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ChickenLittle.zip
    1 KB · Views: 0
I have an Intel i7 980x processor which has six cores. When I run Clone DVDMobile, I get the following error: "ERROR: Invalid value '12' for threads.."

I have attached my transcoder file. Please help.

Attachments

• sly.txt
    41 bytes · Views: 3
I have an Intel i7 980x processor which has six cores. When I run Clone DVDMobile, I get the following error: "ERROR: Invalid value '12' for threads.."

I have attached my transcoder file. Please help.
Seems to be an mencoder problem - seen this reported in another thread also. Most profiles seem to be set to use the maximum threads available, but Mencoder can't handle 6 cores x 2 for Hyperthreading = 12 threads.

While they work out a fix for it, you might try editing the devices.ini for the profile (which?) you are using and manually inserting a threads=8 in the appropriate line e.g. lavcopts -x264encopts threads=8 - 8 threads work for my i7 920 which runs 4 cores ( = 8 threads).

Alternatively, you could test disabling Hyperthreading in the bios before running CDM, which will then use 6 cores = 6 threads and this should work.

BTW, your error message is not a "transcoder file" - click on "Save transcoder log" button in final window and upload that (zip it if it is 20KB+) - an example log is attached (in the first line, you can see that 8 threads are being used).

Attachments

• test.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
ParseVideo, #715 : Slice #16 expected, but 00 00 01 00 found

DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 4 -f mp4 -metadata title="DEXTER_S3_DISC_1 T1" -r 24000/1001 -vcodec mpeg4 -vb 270000 -vglobal 1 -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 320x180 -aspect 16:9 -y "F:\Downloads\Movies\TV Series\Dexter Season 2\Dexter_S3_D1_T1.mp4"'.
This is Chameleon transcoder engine 0.9.1.8 [1.6.2.2] (4/17/2010)
Reason: __verify( picture_structure == 3 )
>>> ParseVideo, #715 : Slice #16 expected, but 00 00 01 00 found.
Reason: __ensure( Code == SliceIndex & Code <= Stream.Height / 16 )
FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

//removed GPL notice//

pipe:: Unknown format

I don't really want to complain but I guess I am. I have never gotten 1.6.x or 1.7 to work correctly anytime I have ever used it. Each time I end up using a free app to do it without any issues. I paid for lifetime updates and can't really use it all even with the updates. Will there be a free update to the HD version if its ever released? If not, is there a way to get a refund since there seems to be so many problem with these releases? I know when I bought it, it said to use the trial version and there are not refunds. I did try the trial and it did work once, so that's what I was basing my purchase on. My reason for asking is the product just isn't performing at all and not only for me.

Edit: I just tried the older 1.2 and it worked correctly but it lacks support for MPEG.

Last edited:
I don't really want to complain but I guess I am. I have never gotten 1.6.x or 1.7 to work correctly anytime I have ever used it. Each time I end up using a free app to do it without any issues. I paid for lifetime updates and can't really use it all even with the updates. Will there be a free update to the HD version if its ever released? If not, is there a way to get a refund since there seems to be so many problem with these releases? I know when I bought it, it said to use the trial version and there are not refunds. I did try the trial and it did work once, so that's what I was basing my purchase on. My reason for asking is the product just isn't performing at all and not only for me.

Edit: I just tried the older 1.2 and it worked correctly but it lacks support for MPEG.
It would help if you gave a specific example of what profile isn't working in 1.7 and posted a log file (Save transcoder log in final window if CDM fails).

1.2.0.1 includes mpeg-passthrough and mpeg-reencode IIRC, but you need to make sure you only use 1-pass (more than 1 is redundant and will cause errors as reported by the developers in another thread, again IIRC).

It would help if you gave a specific example of what profile isn't working in 1.7 and posted a log file (Save transcoder log in final window if CDM fails).

1.2.0.1 includes mpeg-passthrough and mpeg-reencode IIRC, but you need to make sure you only use 1-pass (more than 1 is redundant and will cause errors as reported by the developers in another thread, again IIRC).

I know I should do that, but I hadn't in hopes that it would be resolved with the next version. And yes, I know me not posting log doesn't help any but it seems to be a "wide spread" (not sure how else to describe it) issue. The other reason I have not posted the logs are because the last time I tried was with a custom DVD that was made at work and was asked to rip/convert it for work so I wasn't sure if it was something they did (I don't work with the most technical people at times). Don't get me wrong, I love SlySoft and I think for the most part their products and support are great and the main reason I paid for them instead of how some people get them.

Last edited:
FYI - Tudors Season 1 and 2 give error immediately upon start (log already posted by another person here) but Season 3 does work.

BTW, your error message is not a "transcoder file" - click on "Save transcoder log" button in final window and upload that (zip it if it is 20KB+) - an example log is attached (in the first line, you can see that 8 threads are being used).

I did as you said....this IS my transcoder file. I did it again just to be sure. I suppose it doesn't get far enough to gather any more informatino that that, because that is my transcoderfile in its entirety.

I appreciate the other information you provided but I heard from slysoft the same day (or the next) they are aware of the issue and are readying a beta that should address the issue, so I guess I will sit tight until then.

I did as you said....this IS my transcoder file. I did it again just to be sure. I suppose it doesn't get far enough to gather any more informatino that that, because that is my transcoderfile in its entirety.

I appreciate the other information you provided but I heard from slysoft the same day (or the next) they are aware of the issue and are readying a beta that should address the issue, so I guess I will sit tight until then.
OK - good to know they are working on the 12 thread issue.

Did you try setting threads=8 in the devices.ini profile as a work-around in the meantime?

Hey Guys,

First time post here. I'm having an issue with the dvd that came with Godsmacks lates album "The Oracle". I'm trying to trans code for use on my psp. I copied the following fault log from Clone Dvd Moble.

DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 2 -f mp4 -metadata title="GODSMACK_DVD" -r 30000/1001 -vcodec libx264 -vb 470000 -vglobal 1 -coder ac -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 96000 -s 480x272 -aspect 16:9 -deinterlace -level 0 -bf 0 -refs 5 -encoder_cfg level=3|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|weightb|direct=auto|subme=6|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4|vbv-bufsize=10000|vbv-maxrate=10000|me=umh|no-psnr|no-ssim -y "C:\Documents and Settings\JERRY\Desktop\MP_ROOT\100ANV01\MAQ10001.mp4"'.
>>> ParsePES, #1306 : SUPPORT: Processing of this LPCM audio stream is currently not possible.
Reason: __fail( )

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

This file was digitally signed by SlySoft Inc.

FFmpeg maintainers receive SlySoft products free of charge. If you're
interested then please contact us at support@slysoft.com

pipe:: Unknown format
Thanks for any help in advance

Problems with 1.7.0.0

While I am happy that a new version has been released and most discs I had problems with now work, I encountered a problem with Turk 182! Below is the log (this faulted at 2%):

WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:480[1.50] but encoded as 1.777778:1[1.78].
DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 2 -f mp4 -metadata title="Turk 182" -r 30000/1001 -vcodec libx264 -vb 2492000 -vglobal 1 -coder ac -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 720x480 -aspect 16:9 -deinterlace -level 0 -bf 0 -refs 5 -encoder_cfg level=3|nocabac|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1 -y "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Turk 182.mp4"'.

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

This file was digitally signed by SlySoft Inc.

FFmpeg maintainers receive SlySoft products free of charge. If you're
interested then please contact us at support@slysoft.com

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 59.94 (60000/1001) -> 29.97 (60000/2002)
Input #0, cham, from 'pipe:':
Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 8192 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], 8000 kb/s, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
[NULL @ 01006fd0]Unknown option 'vb'
[swscaler @ 01007f60]Unknown option 'vb'
[libx264 @ 01101370]using SAR=32/27
[libx264 @ 01101370]using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
[libx264 @ 01101370]profile Baseline, level 3.0
Output #0, mp4, to 'C:\Users\John\Desktop\Turk 182.mp4':
Stream #0.0: Video: libx264, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 2492 kb/s, 30k tbn, 29.97 tbc
Stream #0.1: Audio: libfaac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
frame= 16 fps= 0 q=18.0 size= 25kB time=0.70 bitrate= 293.9kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 31 fps= 28 q=10.0 size= 331kB time=1.40 bitrate=1935.0kbits/s dup=0 drop=0
frame= 37 fps= 22 q=21.0 size= 623kB time=1.67 bitrate=3060.5kbits/s dup=0 drop=0

Additional DVD errors

This is the output log for "Enemy of the State":

WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:480[1.50] but encoded as 1.777778:1[1.78].
DEBUG: Feeding ffmpeg.exe with 'ffmpeg.exe -i - -v 9 -xerror -threads 2 -f mp4 -metadata title="Enemy of the State " -r 30000/1001 -vcodec libx264 -vb 2492000 -vglobal 1 -coder ac -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128000 -s 720x480 -aspect 16:9 -deinterlace -level 0 -bf 0 -refs 5 -encoder_cfg level=3|nocabac|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1 -vol 810 -y "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Enemy of the State.mp4"'.

Transcoder log attached.

Attachments

• Enemy of the state.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
OK - good to know they are working on the 12 thread issue.

Did you try setting threads=8 in the devices.ini profile as a work-around in the meantime?

I did not - I thought I would just wait for the new Beta (...coming soon, I hope?). I'll be honest - I'm scared to change the thread #!!

Back