• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray BD-R DL

WaltK

Looking for cheap blank BD-R DL discs. Would like to buy in 5 or 10 disk paks. Anybody have any good sources?

How cheap? You want coasters? Verbatim repacks direct from Japan on ebay seem to be the 'least expensive'.

I usually buy on eBay, some sellers are shipping directly from japan.

I third the eBay suggestion: you can get some great prices on Verbatim repacks there. That's where I've bought all of mine and they were printable too, so that's a nice bonus.

tdk is also very good
bd-rdl i bought it 70.00 for ten pieces repacked includes shipping
which is 7.00 bucks a piece

MediaMegaMall has 25gb discs for $1.89/ea in packs of 100, and $1.95 in 50 packs. The best price I can find on 50's are the repacks from Japan, $6.80/ea being the lowest ($68 for ten, shipped). I talked to the guy at MediaMegaMall and he said they are going to be selling a more affordable BD-R 50 starting next month.

bd-r 's are now 1.24 a piece comes in 15pk spindle from ebay,frys sometimes

I third the eBay suggestion: you can get some great prices on Verbatim repacks there. That's where I've bought all of mine and they were printable too, so that's a nice bonus.
I bought 5 of these and they had manufacturing errors, they were all pitted in exactly the same way so the hard coating wasn't applied correctly. The guy replaced them with Panasonic discs which he packed too tightly and the cross hatch pattern from the sleeves became imprinted onto the discs rendering 2 of the useless, so be wary of 'repacked' discs

I haven't had much luck with Mitsubishi (Verbatim) BD-R 50GB 6x repacks from Japan: whilst all burnt successfully, they all caused playback problems in the player. I wasn't happy with the repack as foreign material was often on the burn surface. Only burnt at 4x as the 6x starts at 2x and only gets up to 6x near the end and takes longer than constant 4x.

Mitsubishi BD-R 25GB 4x sealed from Japan seem to be okay.

I have found Sony BD-R 50GB 4x sealed from Japan much more reliable and the code indicates they are Panasonic sourced.

Not sure how good TDK are, but they seem to be flogging them a lot. Also have seen JVC, but again, not sure how good they are.

Last edited:
Still better off buying them through ebay, plus I've found Verbatim BD-R's to be of poorer quality than other brands.

Bd-r dl

I have been buying from Japan sellers on ebay for over a year. Prices have fallen dramatically, to $6.80 ea in TDK repacks. Never a coaster with the TDK and no play-back issues.

Get them off eBay. As dugg914 said, the prices are great and there's a good selection. Oddly, I started off using Verbatim BD-R DLs and managed to burn close to 40 without a single coaster, and now the burner won't finish a single burn using the Verbatims but works with both TDK and JVC brand media. Odd overall, but glad it wasn't a burner issue...haha.

I just bought 20x TDK 50gb sealed from Japan-ST. I've burned 3 pieces at 4x and no problems on my BH10LS30. However last night when I played one title back on the PS3, I had at least 8 freezes. Next time I'm going to burn at 2x to see if this improves the playback.

From what I've heard TDK's don't burn as well on LG writers as they do on others. Personally I've never had much of an issue, but others have found that LG's don't seem to like the TDK DL's much.

Looking for cheap blank BD-R DL discs. Would like to buy in 5 or 10 disk paks. Anybody have any good sources?
Newegg.com - $26.99 15 Cake Pack = $1.80 a BD disk

RiDATA 25GB 4X BD-R 15 Packs Ridata logo Disc Model BDR-254-RDCB15
25GB 4X BD-R 15 Packs Cake Box Features: Ridata logo
Packaging: Cake Box
Model #: BDR-254-RDCB15
Item #: N82E16817132069
Return Policy: Consumable Item Refund Only Return Policy

I have used them for burning Blu Ray to Blu Ray Main Movie with DVDFab all in one program and they excellent on first try every time. For $1.80 a piece, I don't think you can beat it for a reliable Blu Ray from a reliable E-tailer. I love them and swear by them. With DvdFab you can buy which ever program you want and it works flawlessly with that just one program, Blu Ray to Blu Ray. Try them, I think you will be happily satisfied. I am burning them with a Pioneer BDR-203 and they work fine!

Last edited:
Back