• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VSO ConvertXtoDVD now supports Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
From the front page of their site

ConvertXtoDVD 2.1.17 supports Blu-ray and new file formats
April 20, 2007

ConvertXtoDVD 2.1.17 is available for download, the list of changes is pretty long, please check it.

ConvertXtoDVD adds the Blu-ray format, you will need Slysoft AnyDVD HD to read the content of the disc. This version contains improved Vista support and adds new video file formats.

From the Change Log:

ConvertXtoDVD - 2.1.17.240 and 2.1.16.238 - Released 20th of April 2007
==========================

+ Added format:
* Blu-Ray (Select the biggest .M2TS file in the /STREAM/ subfolder to select the movie)
NOTE: If needed, You can use a decryption engine from Slysoft AnyDVD HD
NOTE: Enhanced AC-3 is not supported yet.

Nice bit of advertising for Slysoft! :)

OH HELL YEA! That's awesome!! I'm so glad I got a gold membership to their products way back when. :D That's pretty sweet that they added support. I wonder if they plan on adding HD-DVD support soon...

I do as well (got it mostly for blindwrite), but I rarely use any of their products.

I stopped using a lot of their stuff when I went to Vista but it looks like the latest releases all finally support Vista quite well. I really should give CopyToDVD another try as I used to use it to burn all my stuff, but, lately I've been using and loving IMGBurn. Extremely reliable.

OH HELL YEA! That's awesome!! I'm so glad I got a gold membership to their products way back when. :D That's pretty sweet that they added support. I wonder if they plan on adding HD-DVD support soon...

What I'd really love to know is what is the quality of the output from converting the BR movie and how freaking long does it take.

It is, however, the answer to all the people who had previous asked about down-converting to DVD, though. :)

What I'd really love to know is what is the quality of the output from converting the BR movie and how freaking long does it take.

It is, however, the answer to all the people who had previous asked about down-converting to DVD, though. :)

Not having any BR crap in my house, I couldn't answer that. But I would love to see them add HDDVD support. That'd be really sweet.

I'd assume it's on its way but I do have to wonder why they went with BR first.

Cause they're stupid? :D Probably cause the perception is that BR is winning in the market place. I say perception because I for one don't necessarily believe it. In any case, hopefully they'll get HD-DVD in their soon.

Cause they're stupid? :D

As Mason Cooley said, "Stupidity is a fact of life, but unmentionable. The new Prudery."

Probably cause the perception is that BR is winning in the market place. I say perception because I for one don't necessarily believe it. In any case, hopefully they'll get HD-DVD in their soon.

Perception... something that so often completely contradicts reality. :) But then again perception can contradict a fact and in the end make the perception an actual fact by replacing the original fact. But, I digress.

And I agree about the HD-DVD.

Last edited:
Please! Blu-Ray is superior (As if the fact that Microsoft supports HD-DVD isn't enough incentive to go BR)
Blu-ray utilizes a lens with a greater numerical aperture than HD-DVD, the laser spot can be focused with greater precision to fit more data on the same size disc. This allows Blu-ray to hold 25GB per layer (50GB on a dual-layer disc), whereas HD-DVD can only hold 15GB per layer (30GB on a dual-layer disc). Blu-ray has also adopted a higher data transfer rate for video and audio (54Mbps vs 36.55Mbps)
the 15GB of HD DVD is claimed to be "just enough to fit a high-def movie", except if you're a movie fan, you already know that movies can vary in length from 80 minutes to over three hours. Having a movie split onto two disks is a terrible solution, and this is one of the reasons Blu Ray is better.
Eighty-four percent of all the movies released last year were made by studios that have announced support for Blu-ray, there's a reason for that fellas.
The only upside for HD is the lower cost, again a reason for that.

Oh and bye the way DrinkLyeAndDie, perception cannot replace a fact, perception and fact are different, perception cannot change the physical state of the universe , however the reverse is true.

davincian, that was a very poor effort to pursuade people to go to bluray ;)

Please! Blu-Ray is superior

Apparently region coding, mandatory AACS, more DRM, and an unpolished standard (that forces non-PS3 owners to upgrade their standalone Blu-ray players if they want support for features that most HD-DVD players already have or can be updated via firmware to support) amount to superiority. :rolleyes:

Of course, that matters little since HD-DVD appears to be dead now.

As if the fact that Microsoft supports HD-DVD isn't enough incentive to go BR

Yes, because Sony has such a stellar track record when it comes to having the consumers' best interests at heart. :rolleyes: Choosing between Microsoft and Sony is a bit like asking a geek to choose between The Borg and Darth Vadar.

And is Microsoft that interested in HD-DVD or in pushing downloadable content as an alternative? Microsoft certainly could have done a lot more (and certainly had a lot more funding and its disposal to promote and push HD-DVD than it has).

Having a movie split onto two disks is a terrible solution

And to think that I've seen so many HD-DVD movies that are split over two discs. :rolleyes:

Also, with all this extra space on Blu-ray, why is the better choice for Pan's Labyrinth HD-DVD and not Blu-ray? The exact same content is on both discs, except the HD-DVD version also contains web enabled content; the Blu-ray version doesn't. Why? Because Blu-ray's standard is unpolished (and that's putting it mildly). In a lot of cases, Blu-ray releases simply don't take advantage of the extra space. There are examples where Blu-ray releases are better, but given the extra space all Blu-ray releases should be better.

Eighty-four percent of all the movies released last year were made by studios that have announced support for Blu-ray, there's a reason for that fellas.

http://formatwarcentral.com/index.php/2008/01/04/warner-swayed-by-500-million-from-the-bda/

or was that all a lie?
http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/11/05/warner-denies-wavering-in-format-war/

Or BD+ and extra DRM?

I agree with James: one would hope that at some point consumers would wake up and realize that when a company is the content provider (Sony Pictures), technology provider, hardware manufacturer, copy protection provider, etc., then that situation is probably not conducive to promoting consumers' best interests.

Sure, Blu-ray offers a greater disc capacity, and I feel it is the better choice as a computer storage disc format (especially with respect to burner development). But Blu-ray is the more consumer restrictive format (i.e., not consumer friendly).

I have no idea why you bumped an ancient thread--nor why you signed up to be confrontational (and incredibly incorrect as far as consumers who have Fair Rights interests in mind), but suffice it to say that I do find your first post here tantamount to trolling.

This thread has run it course. Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back