• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD & 1 Click Copy Problem

Yeah, in all likelyhood something is nuts with that double entry.

Delete both primaries and reboot.
OK, when I reboot each comes back, but it appears, although it is one unit, there are separate primaries for the DVD and the CD. The second primary cannot be switched to DMA. Does this make any sense?

OK, when I reboot each comes back, but it appears, although it is one unit, there are separate primaries for the DVD and the CD. The second primary cannot be switched to DMA. Does this make any sense?

Not really.

1) What operating system are you running?

2) What motherboard are you using?

3) You're giving me entries under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, right?

Last edited:
Not really.

1) What operating system are you running?

2) What motherboard are you using?

3) You're giving me entries under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, right?
XP, on a Dell Dimension E510. CD/DVD Unit is HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

XP, on a Dell Dimension E510. CD/DVD Unit is HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

Ok, I'm 99% certain there shouldn't be two primary and two serial ata controllers listed under "ide/atapi controllers".

How many hard drives are in your system?

Ok, I'm 99% certain there shouldn't be two primary and two serial ata controllers listed under "ide/atapi controllers".

How many hard drives are in your system?
One, but I have an external attached...is that coming into play?

External USB? Not that I'm aware of. No, that still doesn't explain the duplicate entries to me.
Well, I assume you've taken me as far as you can....? I much appreciate your time and efforts. I dread the thought of calling Dell for help. Should I be buying a new burner?

Well, this is what I would do.

I would boot into safe mode (by holding down F8 ) during bootup.

I would then go into device manager and delete both primaries, the secondary, and both intel listings, and then I would reboot.

But . . . You're not me. And funny things could happen if you delete those intel entries.

Should I be buying a new burner?

No. You should be getting those duplicate entries fixed up--or at least come up with a rational explanation of why they are there (and I don't have a rational explanation for them, so they bother me). By the way, it's the primary, in this case, that would be affecting your optical drive (well, unless the Dell builder was doing something funny).

Last edited:
Well, this is what I would do.

I would boot into safe mode (by holding down F8 ) during bootup.

I would then go into device manager and delete both primaries, the secondary, and both intel listings, and then I would reboot.

But . . . You're not me. And funny things could happen if you delete those intel entries.
Without a smidgen of your expertise, and with my luck, I'm sure I could manage to turn a bad situation worse by such an attempt. Again, much thanks for devoting your evening to my problems.

Dan

Without a smidgen of your expertise, and with my luck, I'm sure I could manage to turn a bad situation worse by such an attempt. Again, much thanks for devoting your evening to my problems.

Give Dell a call and ask why you have those double primary and intel listings.

I've built my fair share of systems, and I find that double primary entry most peculiar.

Oh by the way, there's a good chance disabling CPRX in 1-Click will address most of your problem (the other part is getting DMA
enabled for your burner).

This has nothing to do really with your burner. The double entries are a motherboard/microsoft xp issue; it has to do with your motherboard
drivers.

Last edited:
No. You should be getting those duplicate entries fixed up--or at least come up with a rational explanation of why they are there (and I don't have a rational explanation for them, so they bother me). By the way, it's the primary, in this case, that would be affecting your optical drive (well, unless the Dell builder was doing something funny).
OK, suggestions as to how I dig deeper? I did completely use what I thought <ctrl> <F8> to completely restore PC to original purchase operating state (which as you might surmise for one of my limited tech skills) turned into quite the adventure getting things back together, However I had the 2 drive/controller configuration before the restore also.

Out of curiosity, if you unplug your external usb harddrive (unplug the usb cable), do those entries change at all? I wouldn't expect them to, but I am curious.

Give Dell a call and ask why you have those double primary and intel listings.

I've built my fair share of systems, and I find that double primary entry most peculiar.

Oh by the way, there's a good chance disabling CPRX in 1-Click will address most of your problem (the other part is getting DMA
enabled for your burner).

This has nothing to do really with your burner. The double entries are a motherboard/microsoft xp issue; it has to do with your motherboard
drivers.
Thanks; you just answered my question. Again, your efforts have been superb; I'm appreciative.

Out of curiosity, if you unplug your external usb harddrive (unplug the usb cable), do those entries change at all? I wouldn't expect them to, but I am curious.
Nope, did that right after I posted I had USB Drive

Nope, did that right after I posted I had USB Drive

Yeah, really, if the Dell person you talk to (likely in India) is smart, he'll probably tell you to boot into Windows safe mode, delete all those entries and reboot. Whereupon, if you cross your fingers, everything will be detected properly.
Your harddrive though probably boots using those Intel drivers, so deleting them may possibly cause a problem on bootup (but in my experience, I haven't had any issues doing so).

Anyway, I don't really want to take responsibility for messing up your system. I'd rather have Dell do that for you. ;)

Yeah, really, if the Dell person you talk to (likely in India) is smart, he'll probably tell you to boot into Windows safe mode, delete all those entries and reboot. Whereupon, if you cross your fingers, everything will be detected properly.
Your harddrive though probably boots using those Intel drivers, so deleting them may possibly cause a problem on bootup (but in my experience, I haven't had any issues doing so).

Anyway, I don't really want to take responsibility for messing up your system. I'd rather have Dell do that for you. ;)
Ha, a classic closing line! Good night my friend, and God bless!

Back