• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FixVTS & MenuShrink gone?

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
I made a sad discovery today. The FixVTS website at videohelp.com is 404'ed as is the archive section [for FixVTS release downloads]. Upon further inspection I found this.

Baldrick said:
Two more dvd tools that have been stopped. The creator can't give any more information but I think I can guess who would like to stop them...even if they aren't directly any dvd rippers.

MenuShrink and FixVTS are no longer. :(

Legally speaking I don't know how jeanl could have gotten in trouble but then again I am no lawyer. The program didn't decrypt, rip or burn anything. Of course the information is limited. I feel more and more like we're all living in a fascist State. :mad:

Maybe Slysoft should hire jeanl. :D

PS: Baldrick is an Administrator on videohelp.com.

Last edited:
WTF...That's seriously seriously messed up!! FixVTS doesn't even do anything other than clean up broken DVD structures. Hell, there's VALID USES for it other than just fixing broken structures from left over copy protection. This is ridiculous.

WTF...That's seriously seriously messed up!! FixVTS doesn't even do anything other than clean up broken DVD structures. Hell, there's VALID USES for it other than just fixing broken structures from left over copy protection. This is ridiculous.

Yeah, when the page 404'ed I thought, "Oh ****!" Then I tried the archive download link and it 404'ed and I had a suspicion where it would end. Then I checked the main page on Videohelp and tada.

Now, I'm starting to get worried about 2 other programs that you and I use... I mean if FixVTS can be assassinated this way then who knows what the future holds. As I said before... we're living in a fascist State and it's only getting worse.

Of course without word from jeanl we can't really know the whole story. It's possible as a result of the RipIt4Me situation that jeanl was also caught by the gag order [if it exists] and decided it was best to step away and not actually directly forced to walk away.

*sigh* brutal

Agreed :(

Makes you wonder "Who's Next"?

VobBlanker? pcgedit? for tools, I guess

What's left? Anydvd. dvd-43/1-Click. Dvdfab.

I can't even think of anything else in terms of decryption off the top of my head.
Well there's dvd-cloner (snicker).

Last edited:
Yeah, when the page 404'ed I thought, "Oh ****!" Then I tried the archive download link and it 404'ed and I had a suspicion where it would end. Then I checked the main page on Videohelp and tada.

Now, I'm starting to get worried about 2 other programs that you and I use... I mean if FixVTS can be assassinated this way then who knows what the future holds. As I said before... we're living in a fascist State and it's only getting worse.

Of course without word from jeanl we can't really know the whole story. It's possible as a result of the RipIt4Me situation that jeanl was also caught by the gag order [if it exists] and decided it was best to step away and not actually directly forced to walk away.

Entirely possible. jsoto made it VERY clear to me on the doom9 forum that VobBlanker is an editor and NOT a ripper in any sense of the word. I see now why he wanted that distinction made. So, I am going to refrain from telling people about its abilities from now on. Hopefully Slysoft can get their "AnyDVD super fantastic holy crap look at me" ripper finished and released soon. (HINT HINT, James, if you're reading this...the situation has become a bit more critical than it was before. jsoto does NOT want people using VobBlanker as a ripper.)

I can't even think of anything else in terms of decryption off the top of my head.

DVD Fab Decrypter and AnyDVD are pretty much it at this point. They're the only ones I know of that can handle the latest protections(assuming DVD Fab Decrypter was updated to handle Protect DVD Video as seen on Das Parfum in germany). This is not a good situation to be in. Yes, we love Slysoft and it's EXTREMELY awesome that we have AnyDVD but having more than one solution is always preferable even if you don't need them.

DVD Fab Decrypter and AnyDVD are pretty much it at this point. They're the only ones I know of that can handle the latest protections(assuming DVD Fab Decrypter was updated to handle Protect DVD Video as seen on Das Parfum in germany). This is not a good situation to be in. Yes, we love Slysoft and it's EXTREMELY awesome that we have AnyDVD but having more than one solution is always preferable even if you don't need them.

There's a few others I have and use that can but they arn't decrypters alone.

Well there's dvd-cloner (snicker).

I for one have too many options and they all perform great in their own unique way, maybe this is a wake up to everyone not to depend on just one possible solution?

There's a few others I have and use that can but they arn't decrypters alone.

Could you list a few of them for me? I just want to have options when people ask me. I always recommend AnyDVD first, but, sometimes they like to have choices. And of course, I'd like to know who else is out there developing stuff that can rip the latest protections.

DVD Fab Decrypter and AnyDVD are pretty much it at this point. They're the only ones I know of that can handle the latest protections(assuming DVD Fab Decrypter was updated to handle Protect DVD Video as seen on Das Parfum in germany).

As of yet, no, DVDFab hasn't been updated for the newer Protect-DVD.

This is not a good situation to be in. Yes, we love Slysoft and it's EXTREMELY awesome that we have AnyDVD but having more than one solution is always preferable even if you don't need them.

Options are always good even if you don't use them all! :)

I see the entire recent events as scare tactics. They're going after the smaller free offerings first because the chances are those people will fold more easily due to legal fees involved in fighting things. It's psychological and some people may just quit before they get in trouble. Later they'll go for bigger game.

As of yet, no, DVDFab hasn't been updated for the newer Protect-DVD.

Are you sure? It was just updated today I think. I have not looked at the change list.

Options are always good even if you don't use them all! :)

I see the entire recent events as scare tactics. They're going after the smaller free offerings first because the chances are those people will fold more easily due to legal fees involved in fighting things. It's psychological and some people may just quit before they get in trouble. Later they'll go for bigger game.

I agree with all of that. Going after DVD Fab and Slysoft might prove difficult due to their location. We'll see. Just keep everything up to date and backed up.

Could you list a few of them for me? I just want to have options when people ask me. I always recommend AnyDVD first, but, sometimes they like to have choices. And of course, I'd like to know who else is out there developing stuff that can rip the latest protections.

Clonedvd2 and anydvd of course. :D

DVD Rebuilder Pro and anydvd

DVD 95 copy pro ( built in ripper )

DVD neXt COPY ( can use the free plugin or anydvd ) I just looked at the program the otherday as a new formatted hdd and they say " Did you know DVD neXt COPY supports AnyDVD?". I thought this was nice as it helps spead the word.

Attachments

• News.jpg
    News.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
Clonedvd2 and anydvd of course. :D

DVD Rebuilder Pro and anydvd

DVD 95 copy pro ( built in ripper )

DVD neXt COPY ( can use the free plugin or anydvd ) I just looked at the program the otherday as a new formatted hdd and they say " Did you know DVD neXt COPY supports AnyDVD?". I thought this was nice as it helps spead the word.

Well, we know AnyDVD is all good, but, does DVD 95 copy pro handle the latest protections?

I played with it some and it did some at the time that anydvd couldn't only problem is there is a trial but it will copy all but the last 20 minutes of the disc. :rolleyes: :( It can work like clonecd, clonedvd does combined plus split a dvd 9 to 2 dvd 5 discs. I really haven't tried it lately but it is a nice tool to add. The biggest reason I like my slysoft suite is due to the fact it was there before I knew of the others and can depend on it almost all the time there was that glitch with Saw 3 remember?:D

But keep in mind none of these other companies register the way slysoft allows you to aka reg key. :D But there is no restriction although dvd95 copy pro does register the hardware ID and such when it is activated. Not a big deal to me as I am used to these types of stuff. I would definitely recommend it to be in the tool box though.

Fascinating. I'm not into programs that restrict users like that. It's why I didn't buy DVD Remake Pro, either. But, sounds like a neat app.

Are you sure? It was just updated today I think. I have not looked at the change list.

There has been no new release since the 2nd of the April.

DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (03/30/2007)
DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (03/30/2007)
DVDFab Gold 3.0.9.8 (04/02/2007)
DVDFab Platinum 3.0.9.8 (04/02/2007)

The Gold/Platinum update ahead of plain Decrypter [HD or not] was a result of an issue with slow copying speed when splitting a disc.

A week ago fengtao said they were working on a solution to Das Parfum on the CDFreaks DVDFab forum.

If a new release is out they haven't posted it on the DVDFab site nor advertised/mentioned it in the forums.

Just keep everything up to date and backed up.

I always do... ;)

Last edited:
There has been no new release since the 2nd of the April.

DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (03/30/2007)
DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (03/30/2007)
DVDFab Gold 3.0.9.8 (04/02/2007)
DVDFab Platinum 3.0.9.8 (04/02/2007)

The Gold/Platinum update ahead of plain Decrypter [HD or not] was a result of an issue with slow copying speed when splitting a disc.

A week ago fengtao said they were working on a solution to Das Parfum on the CDFreaks DVDFab forum.

If a new release is out they haven't posted it on the DVDFab site nor advertised/mentioned it in the forums.

Well then I guess I was mistaken. Apparently they were just having discussions in the 3.0.9.8 thread today which is why I thought it was new. That rather blows. That means there's NO freeware solutions that can handle that protection as of right now. This isn't what we call a good thing(tm).

I always do... ;)

And it's a very smart thing to do. ;)

Fascinating. I'm not into programs that restrict users like that. It's why I didn't buy DVD Remake Pro, either. But, sounds like a neat app.

I never played with that program yet, have too many as it is when it comes to dvd backup. Yes it's not everyones cup of tea. I have about 300.00 USD in dvd backup software.

I never played with that program yet, have too many as it is when it comes to dvd backup. Yes it's not everyones cup of tea. I have about 300.00 USD in dvd backup software.

I've got quite a bit myself. AnyDVD is by far my favorite program. It's so well designed and built. True genius.

Back