• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzjeeper

I have a similar issue, I bought children of men. Plays fine through pdvd yet when I try and copy it fails every time at 52%, disk read error.. I just purchased the key, not impressed. Also using external xbox360 drive

hddvd backups fail halfway through copy?

Just purchased clone hddvd, I have a couple of disks I am trying to backup. One being children of men, plays fine with my external xbox dvd drive, but when i copy it fails at 52% disk read error.

grizzjeeper, do not create multiple posts about the exact same issue please.

Even if a disk plays fine, the original may still be at fault in some manner.

Unless you have hdcp compliant hardware, the fact you were able to watch the movie at all proves Anydvd HD worked.

Last edited:
Combo discs are (now) known to not work properly or at all in many players. I have been lucky to back up COM and others with no problems.

One fix to try is to put the disc in (believe itor not) hot/boiling water for 15 seconds. Pull it out dry it off with a soft cloth and then pop it in your drive. Everyone who has tried this has reported sucess afterwards.

Some people report the need to use soap as well so it is not clear or certain that the problems are related to a release agent that is not being properly removed or if the problems are associated with the dual layers being pulled out of flat to the point of not being able to be read by the blue laser. Remember blue lasers are shorter wavelength so they read more data in a mm2 but they are also less tolerent of discs being out of spec.

Webslinger, I didnt mean to double post, the reply did not show up a first thats why I tried again, settle down. I am a paying customer.

Now, you statement is wrong, I do have hdcp complent hardware and I also have an xbox 360. Plays fine on both. Never once did I ever have a problem ripping dvd's. Maybe you should charge less then if the software is not capable of providing a full solution. And for the record I exhanged it today and got the same result, plus at 52% How is that coincidence?

Webslinger, I didnt mean to double post, the reply did not show up a first thats why I tried again, settle down. I am a paying customer.

You not only replied here; you created a new thread. I am calm. Notice I said "please". I also treat everyone the same, regardless
of whether they are paid customers or simply using the trial.

I would, at this time, like to remind you of the forum rules, which you should have read before posting:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed."

More importantly, creating multiple posts about the same issue in two different areas makes troubleshooting difficult, since replies to the same issue will go in different areas. So, I am not angry at you; I would just like to avoid that situation from happening.

Now, you statement is wrong,

No. My statement is correct. Simply because discs play fine does not indicate they are fine. Most people who have been burning and ripping for a long time know this. Quality control/mastering issues are common.

Maybe you should charge less then if the software is not capable of providing a full solution.

I do not work for nor represent Slysoft. I am a moderator on these forums.

Giving full error messages is vital (along with disc information provided by Anydvd-HD and version numbers of the program you're using).

By the way, an acquaintance of mine mentioned he used Anydvd-HD to rip Children of Men without issue.

Ah, I see another thread, which explains why you may be experiencing difficulties.
Please read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3274
Thank you

Last edited:
Great you guys are a big help. Who do I contact for a refund? Poor attitudes and bs games because I posted my own issue instead of just hoping someone would read my reply... I guess the please is the respect part right? How about a private message? You must be a part time cop as well...

Anyway bought two more HD-dvd's they both fail halfway through. Same error message, pops up and says failure to read source, then explains the usual check to see if disk is dirty, check to see if drive is region locked etc. I give up, I dont dare reinstall after reading about others issues on here who paid and cant get their keys. Sounds like a broken system to me.

Great you guys are a big help. Who do I contact for a refund?

from http://www.slysoft.com/purchase.html

"Important Note
Our products are sold as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you purchase. SlySoft Inc. does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products, so please take your time with the evaluation.

Poor attitudes and bs games because I posted my own issue instead of just hoping someone would read my reply... I guess the please is the respect part right? How about a private message? You must be a part time cop as well...

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

and

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

If you can not post in a civil manner, you will no longer be welcome on these forums. Be thankful it's me you're insulting and not other forum members.

Sounds like a broken system to me.

read http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...of_Men_HD_DVD_Hits_Xbox_360_Playback_Snag/552

Last edited:
Great you guys are a big help. Who do I contact for a refund? Poor attitudes and bs games because I posted my own issue instead of just hoping someone would read my reply... I guess the please is the respect part right? How about a private message? You must be a part time cop as well...

Anyway bought two more HD-dvd's they both fail halfway through. Same error message, pops up and says failure to read source, then explains the usual check to see if disk is dirty, check to see if drive is region locked etc. I give up, I dont dare reinstall after reading about others issues on here who paid and cant get their keys. Sounds like a broken system to me.
This program works fine for 99% of people here. There could be 100 reasons including a bad source disc ( just because it plays does not mean it will rip.) I assume you have got your key so why bring that up. Keys get picked up by spam filters and people do not even bother to look. These problems are taken care of by support. As far as I see there are no par time cops here. 1 Thread for 1 problem. Give the respect you expect to recieve.:policeman:

Thats my point, I have had great luck in the past with the product, now for somereason I updgrade and I cant backup any of the disks. So I posted my problem. I got jumped on because someone had a "Similar issue" and I replied. Then I thought i would post my own so it was specific to MY problem. Forums are designed for support on various issues, hopefully by exposure someone will have an answer, maybe someone else has the issue, maybe that 1% knows what the fix is. The point is I have a problem, I don't know why, maybe its something I am doing, maybe its a config issue, maybe a conflict I dont know. Most forms have private messages so if one is out of line or even just makes a mistake, especially as miniscule as this, just pm them no need to make a mockery.

grizzreaper, you were not "jumped on". You posted in this thread--and you created another thread about the exact same issue.
I told you politely not to do it in the future, and you're still complaining.

The answer already exists in this thread. If you had bothered to click a link I provided earlier, you might understand better: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...of_Men_HD_DVD_Hits_Xbox_360_Playback_Snag/552

Furthermore, there was already an existing thread about Children of Men here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3274
I notice on the second page of that thread someone stated they ripped the disc using Anydvd HD without any issues.
If you're having a problem with your bad disc issue, then feel free to contribute to that thread.

This is your second warning. :policeman:

You can either abide by the forum rules and the wishes of the moderators--or simply don't post.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back