• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hp photosmart d5160

carolinamoons

I was wondering if anyone had any input on the hp d5160 printer that prints to disc?I have heard about epson printers but two of them (not dvd printers) have left a bad taste in my mouth and hp printers have been gr8 for me!Anyone had any experience with the hp?

I can't comment on the HP's but I own two Epson's (R200-R220) and they work excellent for DVD printing.

I own the Epson R320 and R1800 printers and have found them to be excellent printers. The only problem I see with all Epson printers is you have to use the power button on the printer it's self to properly park the print head. If you do not use the printer for an extended period and you do not use the power button to shut it off, you will run the risk of plugging the print head.

I have a good friend who recently bought the HP d5160 and he likes it very much.
It is not an expensive printer and is somewhat noisey and a little slow, but other than that, it seems like a pretty nice printer for the money.
The printed discs look to be on a par with my R320 and the Photo prints are also very nice though the R320 Photo prints seem a bit more crisp and vibrant.
But hey, my friend only paid $90.00 for the HP at Walmart and for 90 bucks it's pretty sweet.
The only real downside I can see to the HP is he has had a small problem with paper feeding.
If the paper is not too heavy and is flat it feeds fine, but heavy paper with a bit of warp in it jams pretty consistantly.
If you keep your paper nice and flat you should have no problem, but old heavy photo paper that you have had laying around too long may pose a problem.

bought it

Well i went ahead and bought the hp d5160 and i love it!It prints on my dvd backups perfectly.You cannot hardly tell the difference in the original and the backup.And i dont know what you were talking about when you said that your buddies hp was slow and noisy .It will print a dvd in about 10-15 sec depending on image and i can barely hear it while it is in operation.So thumbs up for the hp d5160 as far as i am concerned.:D

Needing Help

I cannot use this product with Windows Vista because the Photosmart Premier will not work with it. Does anyone know of any other software I can use?

Thank you:confused:

HP is famous for being slow with updates but I'm sure they will get around to it. I wouldn't know of any other solution.

I cannot use this product with Windows Vista because the Photosmart Premier will not work with it. Does anyone know of any other software I can use?

Thank you:confused:
I use:

Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker 3.08

I never installed any of the hp software,..just the drivers for the D5160.
acoustica works great,..and easy to use.
they have a 15 day free trial you can download and try. "acoustica.com"
when you get ready to print a disk in acoustica at the bottom there is a drop down menu list that has the D5160 listed with disk type full face printable or standard, and that is also how you set up the view for printing.
acoustica.com
:agree:

Back