• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not all DVDs play

calitiger33

I recently bought a LG burner and a Panasonic DVD player. I am trying to back up my movies, and they work fine on my computer. They will play with no issues. But on the DVD player, some will play and others can't be read at all. I am using the Memorex DVD+R DL for for the back-ups I am doing now. Why would all of them work on the computer and only some on the DVD palyer. The player is the Panasonic DVD-S53K. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, 4 of the 10 disk I have used so far have had some type of problem. Are Memorex dics not good? What are the best to use.

Last edited:
I am assuming it is an issue with the DVD player. It says it reads the following:
Plays DVD, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG, MPEG-4 and DivX formats

Last edited:
Does it have to do with the dark purple color of the Memorex discs? Are the Verbatim ones lighter?

I guess that's why 4 out of 10 have worked so far. Before I try the other steps, should I try to use the Verbatim first?

My burner is the LG GSA-H42L. I just bought it Sunday, but I can't seem to find the firmware online. I have the current versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I currently have Nero 6.3.1.26. I am a little lost on your step 3. Will it mess up my Nero settings and make it not work?

My burner is the LG GSA-H42L. I just bought it Sunday, but I can't seem to find the firmware online. I have the current versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I currently have Nero 6.3.1.26. I am a little lost on your step 3. Will it mess up my Nero settings and make it not work?

If there isn't a firmware update, you can use CDSpeed or ImgBurn to booktype the +R DL media. You might have to do it every time.

The latest firmware update is to vSL01 here: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8943/

Last edited:

Step 3 has no bearing on Nero.

I downloaded the cdspeed and followed the directions on step 3 from above. Now what? Do I try to burn another one and see what it does?

I downloaded the cdspeed and followed the directions on step 3 from above. Now what? Do I try to burn another one and see what it does?

If you do step 8 from here, you'll see under booktype if it worked. If it still says "dvd+r" with your burned disk, then it didn't work. If it says "dvd-rom", then it worked. You can also see the same info with cdspeed.

Follow these steps in order: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=883

Last edited:
Hl-dt-st Dvdram Gsa-h42l Sl00 021204062c72rd3946

Use cdspeed and look under the disc info tab for the "booktype" field.

You need to change booktype before you burn, unless you're using DVD+RW (in which case, you can also set it after you burn).

Last edited:
Actually, do me a favour. Maybe your burner does it automatically.

Take one of your good burned Memorex discs and do step 8 from here
(I want full disc info--not just drive info).

Last edited:
I downloaded it and changed it. How do I know if it worked?

You need to change booktype before you burn, unless you're using DVD+RW (in which case, you can also set it after you burn).

To tell if it worked:

1. Change the booktype to dvd-rom
2. Burn something
3. Use cd-dvdspeed; click the disc info tab; look at the "booktype" field. If it says "dvd-rom", then what you did worked.
(or do step 8 from here with your burned disc and look for "booktype")

Last edited:
So do I have to ude cdspeed to burn now instead of dvdclone2?

Back