• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Please insert a recordable media into drive D" - does not recognize drive or DVD?

tmwctd

Hi to you all!

I am working with the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Everything looks very easy to handle, especially with Zabadees help (thanks a lot!). I could easy copy a DVD to my computer but when I want to copy it onto a blank disk it does not work. It asks me to insert a recordable media which I do (TDW - DVD-RW) but that's about it. It does not react at all to the disk being inserted and I have to cancel the whole process. I tried it with a different DVD-RW but also no luck. Does anyone have an explanation or solution for it?

My DVD writer that I clicked on is SonyCDRWDVD CRX880A, preferred speed maximum and the volume level is video_DVD.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give!

tmwctd

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2. Remove packet writing software from your system, including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536 and read fully

3. State the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers)

4. Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

5. Never burn at maximum in Clonedvd. Try setting the burn speed in Clonedvd to half the rated speed of the blank media that you're using.

Last edited:
I came here looking for a solution because I have a similar problem. It seems that there are quite a few with the problem that CloneDVD will not recognize blank media.

I have Imation blank discs that my computer has absolutely no problem reading. However, CloneDVD2 will not recognize them.

I came here looking for a solution because I have a similar problem. It seems that there are quite a few with the problem that CloneDVD will not recognize blank media.
There are thousands of people who use CloneDVD, but you found a two year old thread that may, or may not, be the same issue as you have.

I have Imation blank discs that my computer has absolutely no problem reading. However, CloneDVD2 will not recognize them.

That being said, there could be other issues too, like a software conflict. Posting an AnyDVD log would help determine that. In general, if you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium or Verbatim media, you are taking your chances when it comes to backing up movies.

How to post an Anydvd .zip log file:
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums).
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) Click "Upload".
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Ok, I'll try to get that posted tomorrow. I'm at work right now. The reason I said it seems like a lot of people have this problem is that I saw several different posts about it in this first page of this forum. I read them but didn't find any solution. I'm on the trial version of CDVD2 now- but need to know that it actually works before I buy it.

Um, ok, right clicking on the fox icon in the system tray does nothing- no menu pops up. There is a disc inserted and AnyDVD has scanned it. Seems to be some very buggy software.

Ok, somehow got it to work. Zip file uploaded.

Great- so yesterday I could open a blank DVD-R under My Computer. Today, I can't. It keeps saying "Insert Disc". What got changed?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.0_Info_D_OSMOSIS_JONES.zip
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok, somehow got it to work. Zip file uploaded.

Great- so yesterday I could open a blank DVD-R under My Computer. Today, I can't. It keeps saying "Insert Disc". What got changed?

From what I can tell, your Sony CDRWDVD CRX880A is a DVD-ROM (Read only). Your Sony CDRW/DVD CRX830E is a DVD-ROM (Read only) drive also. That means your drive won't recognize DVD blank media as it can't write to them and doesn't know what it is. They can write to a CD, but not to a DVD.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I could swear that I have written DVD-R discs on this computer before. I know that just yesterday I popped a blank DVD-R in the drive and I was able to open it under My Computer and see that it was empty.

Right now I have created an ISO image of the DVD and I'm in the process of transferring it to another computer over my network. Then I'll try to burn it to a DVD-R.

That didn't work either. The ISO is too big for the disc. I'll have to try to find some dual layer DVD-R discs.

That didn't work either. The ISO is too big for the disc. I'll have to try to find some dual layer DVD-R discs.

If you can burn it to a DVD +R DL (NEVER use DVD -R DL for movies), then you can burn the movie only to a DVD +/-R with CloneDVD. If you have another computer with a DVD writer, load CloneDVD on that computer.

Back