• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD Noob Question

crl49

Just got a XBOX360 HD DVD player. Can I back-up my HD movies w/ Clone DVD & AnyDVD HD & view them on my TV through this player or any HD DVD player?
I own Clone DVD & AnyDVD already & they work great; I would like to bac-up my HD movies as well, but want to be able to play them on my theater system & not just on my PC.

What is the point of AnyDVD HD then? Is something in the works for backing up HD DVD's?

What is the point of AnyDVD HD then?

from http://www.slysoft.com/anydvdhd.html

"Allows you to watch movies over a digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display. No need to buy an expensive monitor. Sweet!

Playback your discs on your PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run (titles released by Studio Canal, The Weinstein Company, Kinowelt, Optimum Releasing).

AnyDVD HD is the "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.

Another amazing feature of AnyDVD HD is "magic file replacement ™". Remaster any commercial movie disc using simple XML scripts. These scripts will "magically" replace the files on the physical disc. You can customize discs as you like without even making a copy to harddisk!

AnyDVD comes with a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 filesystem under Windows XP. "

What is the point of AnyDVD HD then? Is something in the works for backing up HD DVD's?

If you viewed the information about the product here then you probably wouldn't have to ask but...

Features HD-DVD

* Same features as regular AnyDVD
* Removes encryption (AACS) from HD-DVDs
* watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
* playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run.
* Removes user prohibitions, you can select the language and subtitle track without going through the disc's menu.
* Removes parental restrictions.
* Allows you to remove or skip Studio Logos and warning messages.
* With "magic file replacement ™" you can remaster any commercial movie disc using simple XML scripts.
* The "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.
* Includes a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 filesystem under Windows XP.

Features Blu-Ray

* Same features as regular AnyDVD
* Removes encryption (AACS) from Blu-Ray DVDs
* Removes region codes from Blu-Ray DVDs
* watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
* The "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.
* Includes a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 filesystem under Windows XP.

In short, that's a whole lot of reasons.

Ok, so for the people who don't have a clue what that means, what's it good for?
I love Clone DVD & AnyDVD because I can back up DVD's - that's what I use it for. I was simply hoping that the HD version did the same thing; not so I guess.

Ok, so for the people who don't have a clue what that means, what's it good for?
I love Clone DVD & AnyDVD because I can back up DVD's - that's what I use it for. I was simply hoping that the HD version did the same thing; not so I guess.

AnyDVD HD does for HD & BR what it does for old DVDs plus it removes the requirement that you have a HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display which can be expensive. It does more than this, of course.

At this point AnyDVD HD isn't about making backups of HD/BR DVDs. With the cost involved it's not the most viable solution, yet, anyway. The purpose is viewing these new releases more easily and w/o all the limitations that Microsoft, the MPAA and all the other oppressors are attempting to impose upon paying consumers.

CloneDVD is an Elaborate Bytes product and it's up to them to deal with CloneDVD's support for ripping, burning and transcoding HD/BR movies.

Last edited:
Alright, cool, thanks for the response - makes more sense to me now.

Alright, cool, thanks for the response - makes more sense to me now.

Glad to help. :)

Btw, I am sure Elaborate Bytes is likely working on the issue of HD & BR releases already [... hopefully]. It's all a matter of when they decide to release an updated product. The answer to that is completely unknown.

Back