• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Any DVD starting ( Please Help)

RJs

OK here goes, the problem I am having is with Any DVD. I keep getting a error massage when it tries to start. Maybe I should say I get the error massage when windows ( windows xp home edition sp2 )start up then Any DVD come up with the error message it is unable to start. I have down loaded the latest version of Any DVD and window updates and still unable to correct the problem. Also I have uninstalled any dvd and reinstalled with the latest version 6.1.3.6 still nothing. This problem is NOT NEW it start with a few version back, maybe 6.1.3.3. I was hoping with the newer update the problem would go away, no luck :). Is there any ideas on what may be causing this problem and how to fix it. Thanks RJ

Webslinger here is the info that you asked about: the error message is the same error message that come up when a program doesnt start up right in windows but here is the full error message ( ANYDVD.EXE has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Then it asked if I want to send a report to microsoft. ) I did follow the link you sent and went through all the steps on the link and update all the drivers, also I downladed the Filter Check Tool and ran it to get the other info you asked about. I have even stood on my head, and kick the computer for good luck but it didn't help:) . Should I remove the upper and lower filter that are there?

An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k
Filterdriver properties are:

An Upper Filter found is: pwd_2k

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.3.6
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp
Name: Cdr4_xp
Caption: Cdr4_xp
Description: Cdr4_xp
DisplayName: Cdr4_xp
ErrorControl: Ignore
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
Version Info: 6.1.0.88
StartMode: System
StartName:
TagId: 6

An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k

Cdralw2k - Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6

An Upper Filter found is: pwd_2k

pwd_2k - Used by Adaptec Direct CD

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp

CDR4_XP - Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6, DragtoDisc and DirectCD

So . . .

1. If you have either Directcd or DragtoDisc installed on your system, uninstall it until pwd_2k (and hopefully CDr4_2k) no longer appears in your filters. Packet writing software often causes problems with other burning software, and it's an unstable form of saving files. If you want that type of "drag-and-drop" functionality (as you would drag and drop to a floppy drive), use dvd-ram instead.

2. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

3. I'm not sure if this will help, but try contacting customer support and ask for the "LockedIO" registry patch
http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

:clap: :agree: :bowdown: Yeah for our side it worked and to think under 12 hr that has to be record. All kidding aside I think it is finally working no more error message and it starts just fine now Thanks Webslinger. I think after uninstalling roxio and running CCleaner to take care of the reg every thing is back the way it should be. Thanks again RJ :)

Back