• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Webslinger sucks! Bother him here!

WebSlinger, man, can I make a friendly suggestion? :) You can slap me around for this one if you want, but, it'd make things look nicer IMO. You like to paste links in a LOT of threads which is extremely helpful and very useful to do. However, just pasting the link is somewhat problematic in a few ways. One, it looks terrible. :) But, also, if you use the formatted url's you can give each link a worthy title. For instance:

Instead of http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328 you could have:

Best way to rip with AnyDVD

Anyway, it's just a suggestion but it would make your url's a lot prettier and easier to figure out what they are for. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Webby, you should update that post and include the VobBlanker way and the PgcEdit way.

O.K., I updated it with Vobblanker steps; I'm not bothering with PgcEdit (I'm not interested in offering tech support for it in this
forum, for one).
For that same reason, I was also hesitant to add VobBlanker steps.

If James or someone from Slysoft tells me to remove those steps, I will, and I will understand if Slysoft doesn't want to
get email with technical support questions for third party software.

Last edited:
Instead of http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328 you could have:

Best way to rip with AnyDVD

Anyway, it's just a suggestion but it would make your url's a lot prettier and easier to figure out what they are for. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Yeah, I'm lazy and really can't be bothered. But thank you for the suggestion; it is duly noted. I do use that method from time to time--but not usually.

Zebadee, a long time ago, also PMed the same criticism to me, and I think I said the same thing.
If people can't be bothered clicking links and reading, it's not my fault. Plus, I'm giving them a wider target to click on.

Last edited:
ROFLMAO! That's that then. :)

I meant no disrespect at all; I'm just lazy with my copying and pasting. I submit to the accusation
of being a lazy poster (but I also don't feel that it's a big deal). Even before that feature was added
to most ubbs (mostly HTML based ones), people would occasionally complain that I didn't use tinyurl.com
or a similar service (or that I could shorten the urls using other methods). Then when boards changed to ubb coding,
people would still bug me.

Last edited:
I meant no disrespect at all; I'm just lazy with my copying and pasting.

Yea, I know. Not a big deal. I'd just keep a text file with all the "kuel" links already formatted so you can just whip em out on demand. Then you only have to format them once.

Yea, I know. Not a big deal. I'd just keep a text file with all the "kuel" links already formatted so you can just whip em out on demand. Then you only have to format them once.

Yeah, yeah. :p That just smacks of effort. ;)

Plus having to raise my mouse and click that little "insert link" icon is so arduous, and doing so makes my index finger get all cramped up.

You're invading on my personal posting style, bro! Back off! I will not turn into one of the Borg collective or a Reaver or a Pod person or . . . :D

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah. :p That just smacks of effort. ;)

Plus having to raise my mouse and click that little "insert link" icon is so arduous, and doing so makes my index finger get all cramped up.

Wow...and you wonder where the user's get their laziness from. Nice exmple you're setting. :D "Naw, I don't want to use CloneDVD to do my copies...I might have to click 4 times and, well, that's just too much clicking for me." :D HEHEHEHEH

Wow...and you wonder where the user's get their laziness from. Nice exmple you're setting. :D "Naw, I don't want to use CloneDVD to do my copies...I might have to click 4 times and, well, that's just too much clicking for me." :D HEHEHEHEH

You're talking to someone who uses Verbatim+R DL and Clonecd. Get real ;)
Doesn't get much lazier than that.

O.K., I updated it with Vobblanker steps; I'm not bothering with PgcEdit (I'm not interested in offering tech support for it in this
forum, for one).
For that same reason, I was also hesitant to add VobBlanker steps.

If James or someone from Slysoft tells me to remove those steps, I will, and I will understand if Slysoft doesn't want to
get email with technical support questions for third party software.
Well it will certainly help the user make a nice rip. You can go further and not add FixVTS aswell.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of teaching Webslinger how to use the forum :)P;)) instead of making several posts you can also use the multy-quote button on different posts:
multiquote_off.gif
. It makes it quicker too!

Last edited:
Well it will certainly help the user make a nice rip. You can go further and not add FixVTS aswell.

FixVTS is incorporated, as it is, in Anydvd ripper, and it's hardly as daunting to new users as pcgedit is. That's my final decision unless James or someone from Slysoft tells me otherwise.

FixVTS is incorporated, as it is, in Anydvd ripper, and it's hardly as daunting to new users as pcgedit is. That's my final decision unless James or someone from Slysoft tells me otherwise.
Well yes it is incorporated but there is a bit of a different to hitting copy DVD and actually using FixVTS. But we'll wait.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of teaching Webslinger how to use the forum :)P;)) instead of making several posts you can also use the multy-quote button on different posts:

I am also aware of that feature, thanks. I have my reasons for rarely using it.

Anything else? Does my tie go with this shirt?

Last edited:
Well yes it is incorporated but there is a bit of a different to hitting copy DVD and actually using FixVTS. But we'll wait.

*sigh* I think even people that enjoy arguing with me would admit FixVTS is easier to learn than pcgedit (which is a powerful editing tool).

Webby, buddy, aren't you glad I started this? :D I like to keep you on your toes. LOL!

Webby, buddy, aren't you glad I started this?

Oh yes, you should team up with my future wife. You can both create lists of all my faults, compare notes, and try to change me. ;)

Last edited:
Oh yes, you should team up with my future wife. You can both create lists of all my faults, compare notes, and try to change me. ;)

Having been married for 10 years, I can laugh my ass off at that. :D

lol Any reason you chose me as the topic starter even though I posted after the others?

Hey, at least you have a thick skin. I know many moderators who would cave with this sort of 'help'.

Last edited:
Back