• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to open file?

mdrudge

Hello,

Yesterday I tried using my CloneDVD to burn a DVD, consisting of files that I had on my computer. It had been a week or so since I last used CloneDVD, but last time I used it, it worked fine. Yesterday, however, it gave me this error right before it would normally start writing:

Writing to media was not successful:

C:/Documents and Settings/My Documents/Downloads/Mind Your Language/VIDEO_TS.IFO: unable to open file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Please be sure that all required files are available and try again.

I've tried using several different files, and none of them have worked. They are all different types of files, which leads me to believe that the files aren't the problem, there's something wrong with my CloneDVD.

I updated to the latest version of CloneDVD and AnyDVD today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it didn't work. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem here?

Thanks for any help.

Check your AnyDVD options. Check Drives/Selection that the burner you are using is checked and any drive you don't want AnyDVD to look at is not checked. Also, make sure that Use CSS Key Archive is not checked.

If the files are just are your drive and not coming from a DVD, try closing AnyDVD and see if it works to narrow it down.

Last edited:
I checked, only the one correct drive is selected. I tried closing AnyDvd, it didn't help.

Why are the source files on your hard drive?

Use this method instead (and play close attention to what you are selecting in Clonedvd as the source):

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

The source files are on my hard drive because I downloaded them from the Internet.

I checked out those instructions and didn't get any results. The source is the files' folder, which normally works fine when I'm burning an entire folder of files.

The source files are on my hard drive because I downloaded them from the Internet.

I checked out those instructions and didn't get any results. The source is the files' folder, which normally works fine when I'm burning an entire folder of files.

Are they in the folder as standard DVD format files: VIDEO_TS (folder), VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, (files) etc?

Clonedvd was designed to backup original commercial discs and not whatever you downloaded off the internet (which may have a faulty structure anyway).

Back