• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Roadmap

Solostian

Is there a known roadmap for CloneDVD Mobile?

I would like to know if any other file format is expected to be supported in the near future.

Otherwise, could there be a sticky with a wishlist of currently unsupported formats that users could vote on?

Regards,
Solostian

yes some sort of evidence of development on mobile would be nice.

i'm not fussed on wmv support or an external divx codec, but i'd like better quality xvid somehow - using two-pass maybe?

i've seen tv episodes from p2p that are 350mb and look much better than anything of comparable filesize that mobile has produced. the p2p files look like dvd quality, whereas a 350mb/hour file from mobile looks like something from a 1950's tv!

and the audio sync issues are still there sometimes.

creating new profiles for different players is not development, the end user can do that.

come on slysoft, you've done so well with anydvd, but clonedvd mobile has gone stagnant.

yes some sort of evidence of development on mobile would be nice.

i'm not fussed on wmv support or an external divx codec, but i'd like better quality xvid somehow - using two-pass maybe?

come on slysoft, you've done so well with anydvd, but clonedvd mobile has gone stagnant.

I am in complete agreement with this!

i'm getting worried our dear slysoft is turning into microsoft - buying other people's software (elby/jackal/mencoder/backuphddvd) and doing nothing with it.

it's quite simple to do two pass, all slysoft need to do is add a checkbox to the gui and pass in the extra flags to the mencoder backend, it's a day's work tops.

2-pass is a must have, for sure.

I sent Slysoft a support e-mail from their webpage. I asked if DVD Mobile will add an IPod profile to encode to h.264 format. I got a response saying that it’s not planned as of yet. Currently, only MP4 is supported. :eek:

This could mean many things.

1. Slysoft genuinely doesn’t care.
2. Their support staff is out of the loop and thus I got a generic response.
3. All of the above.

Aside from my disappointment, Slysoft provides the best DVD to mobile video software. While I will still recommend their product, the lack of support and/or public relations announcement is making me feel left out in the cold. :(

I would like to see wmv as an output from DVD Mobile.
It makes it easy to play videos on my iPAQ using Windows Media Player.
And I would not have to buy some other video player for my iPAQ to watch avi or mp4 files.:agree:

I would like to see explicit VCD/SVCD output formats for DVD Mobile.
CD-R medias are generally cheaper than DVD+/-R medias.
Moreover, most players now support this format by default.
There is a growing market in car video systems that would fit just nicely.

lots of people on here have different tools (and name the products on these forums) for ripping dvd's so they can back them up or convert to a mobile format.
if you want to do any of this:
Convert video between almost any formats:

AVI (DivX, XviD, etc.), DV AVI, MP4 (inc. Sony PSP and Apple iPod), WMV, 3GP, 3G2, QuickTime (MOV, QT), SWF, DVD, VOB, VRO,MPG, MPEG 1,2,4, DAT, VCD, SVCD, ASF, ASX, MJPEG, H.263, H.264, Real Video (RM, RMVB), DVR-MS, MKV, OGM, FLV
and tweak loads of settings (video/audio bitrates etc...) try avs video tools for free (fully functioning program except for a watermark on output until you buy/activate it).
it's the top link in this google search:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=avs+media+&meta=

i wouldn't be without it or my slysoft software.

Last edited:
Back