• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Email notifications for new releases of AnyDVD

Achernar

Hi,

I noticed that I didn't get the email notification(s) that AnyDVD v6.1.3.3 and (currently latest) v6.1.3.5 has been released (last notification I received was for v6.1.3.2).
I doubt that the problem is on my side as I haven't changed any email preferences for a long time ago).
Is something wrong with the SlySoft emailing system, or simply there has been a change of policy, like "no more email notifications"?

I don't use the auto-update notification feature of AnyDVD as I don't know if it is susceptible to "sniffing" or other means of a packet capture (there are many routers working at very low security levels and lot of routers/gateways have been hacked).
Because of that, I'm relying on email notifications to know when new/updated version of AnyDVD has been released (instead of regularly checking the main page).

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Hi,

I noticed that I didn't get the email notification(s) that AnyDVD v6.1.3.3 and (currently latest) v6.1.3.5 has been released (last notification I received was for v6.1.3.2).
I doubt that the problem is on my side as I haven't changed any email preferences for a long time ago).
Is something wrong with the SlySoft emailing system, or simply there has been a change of policy, like "no more email notifications"?

I don't use the auto-update notification feature of AnyDVD as I don't know if it is susceptible to "sniffing" or other means of a packet capture (there are many routers working at very low security levels and lot of routers/gateways have been hacked).
Because of that, I'm relying on email notifications to know when new/updated version of AnyDVD has been released (instead of regularly checking the main page).

Thanks in advance for any answer.
Email notifications are not send on every new release, so it is unwise to rely on that.

My wife turns the puter on and then walks away while it boots up. The balloon doesn't stay on there long, so I didn't even know about 6.1.3.5. I happened to see the balloon today and got 6136. Email would be so much easier, and shouldn't be that difficult for Slysoft.

Email-cluttering...

Email notifications are not send on every new release, so it is unwise to rely on that.

Thanks for the response.
So, when the email notifications are sent exactly - only for some critical updates or perhaps monthly/bi-weekly? :confused:

[innerdialog]What's the purpose of occasional unreliable notifications at all, when one can get more precise and up-to-date info by periodically looking at the main SlySoft's web page? :rolleyes: [/innerdialog] :D

EDIT:
Heh, just noticed the new update was released. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.
So, when the email notifications are sent exactly - only for some critical updates or perhaps monthly/bi-weekly? :confused:
When I believe the update is important.

My wife turns the puter on and then walks away while it boots up. The balloon doesn't stay on there long, so I didn't even know about 6.1.3.5. I happened to see the balloon today and got 6136. Email would be so much easier, and shouldn't be that difficult for Slysoft.
If you don't move the mouse / use the keyboard, the balloon should stay there forever.

Back