• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

auto update

aamjohns

I am wondering if it would be possible to include an autoupdate functionality to anydvd? It would be nice.

I also noticed in that thread that it recommends when wanting to back up DVDs, to check for updates before hand. I back up every single day, I don't wanna have to check it every single day for updates.

I also noticed in that thread that it recommends when wanting to back up DVDs, to check for updates before hand. I back up every single day, I don't wanna have to check it every single day for updates.

I believe AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD all have options to auto check for updates. It will ask if you want to get the update, then go to the Slysoft site. Why don't you use it?

Once again, if someone else (wife, shared computer, etc...) starts it up, the actual anydvd user might not see the balloon. I don't think it stays up there indefinitely or until you download update.

Once again, if someone else (wife, shared computer, etc...) starts it up, the actual anydvd user might not see the balloon. I don't think it stays up there indefinitely or until you download update.

Sounds like you need to have the Slysoft programs setup with your own logon vs an All Users logon.

I believe AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD all have options to auto check for updates. It will ask if you want to get the update, then go to the Slysoft site. Why don't you use it?

What I meant by autoupdate is something where we can check a box and if there is an update, it will automatically download it and install it. Something like that. I appreciate the fact that it tells us when there is an update. i just wondered if functionality could be added that will let it update itself. No biggie, just wondering.

Just purchased any dvd. how do i get updates

If you have the check for updates option checked, anytime an update is available, a box will pop up above the fox icon in the Taskbar saying an update is available and asking if you want to get it. If you choose yes, your browser will open and go to the Slysoft download screen. That simple.

Just purchased any dvd. how do i get updates
this is how i get updates:
on mine with norton internet security running,when i install the anydvd program the norton firewall asks permission to allow anydvd to connect to the internet-i click 'allow always' (it always re-asks me the same question when i install an update too).when i restart my pc and it connects to the internet the program silently checks for an updated/newer version and if one is available i get a notification window on screen telling me an update is available-it also includes a link to the download page too.

There's a big difference between auto-check and auto-update. While I like the auto-check (I'd like the balloon to step up longer, say, till I click on it?!), the auto-update would download automatically when it finds an update.

There's a big difference between auto-check and auto-update. While I like the auto-check (I'd like the balloon to step up longer, say, till I click on it?!), the auto-update would download automatically when it finds an update.

That is true, but I think you would be in the minority for it. Sometimes the update doesn't work correctly and then you would be trying to figure out what happened when the program doesn't work correctly any longer. If you knew about the update, and if it worked fine before you updated, then it doesn't, that narrows it down to something in the update or options in the program. I could always turn the auto update feature off if I didn't want it, but then there probably wouldn't be the auto check feature which I would want.

The only program I want to update without my knowledge is virus protection (for obvious reasons) but, even then, only for .dat files, not for program updates.

Last edited:
That is true, but I think you would be in the minority for it. Sometimes the update doesn't work correctly and then you would be trying to figure out what happened when the program doesn't work correctly any longer. If you knew about the update, and if it worked fine before you updated, then it doesn't, that narrows it down to something in the update or options in the program. I could always turn the auto update feature off if I didn't want it, but then there probably wouldn't be the auto check feature which I would want.

The only program I want to update without my knowledge is virus protection (for obvious reasons) but, even then, only for .dat files, not for program updates.

I didn't say I wanted it, just that it is a wanted feature in general with software. I turn off the automatic updating features on all my software (most have it in someway or another), and the overwhelming existence points to either a want or an acceptance by the majority.
:) Honestly, if I could find what the programming code was to modify the options for AnyDVD, I would be happy if I could get the balloon to stay put till I turned it off. If that makes sense

Back