• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Hello Mike,

Sorry if this has already been asked :eek:

I'm currently converting some HD-DVD to Blu-ray using ClownBD. For each E-AC3 language track processed by eac3to, I've got two identical files, one is W64 extension and the other is a WAV file (PCM5.1). Each file is about 5 to 6GB and I don't understand why it is generated twice. When TsMuxer is launch, it seem's that it muxes both W64/WAV files in the M2TS output file and this consume a lot of place on the BDR-25 (10 to 12 GB for one audio track !)

Is this a must have or is there a way to only have the PCM 5.1 (WAV) file and not the W64 file in the generated ISO ?

Thanks in advance.
John
With Transformers HD-DVD I also get both W64 and WAV audio files created by eac3to from the original 5.1ch E-AC3 audio.

Eac3to extracts the audio to WAV as a seperate process to extraction of the VC-1 video resulting in a longer processing time than typical. The W64 audio file is then created as a seperate process by eac3to after the log (below) is generated. Both audio files are 7.3gig and the VC1 video file is 21.6gig. The BD movie folder structure created by tsMuxer is 28.9gig so it's not combining the size of the two audio files in the final output.

At 28.9 gig however the BD structure is bigger than the original HD-DVD movie file structure (25.2 gig) from which it was sourced. I suspect the WAV and W64 audio files created by eac3to are each much bigger than the original E-AC3 audio.

eac3to v3.17
command line: "F:\Clown_BD_v0.75\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\HD-DVD's on HDD\Transformers HD-DVD\Movie" 1) 2: "D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\Video_2.*" 4: "D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\Audio_4_Undetermined.WAV" -progressnumbers -LOG="D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 2 video tracks, 5 audio tracks, 14 subtitle tracks, 2:23:26
1: Joined EVO file
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
3: VC-1, 480p30 /1.001 (3:2), -84ms
4: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1536kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
5: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 768kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
6: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 768kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
7: E-AC3 Surround, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
8: E-AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -111ms
9: Subtitle (DVD)
10: Subtitle (DVD)
11: Subtitle (DVD)
12: Subtitle (DVD)
13: Subtitle (DVD)
14: Subtitle (DVD)
15: Subtitle (DVD)
16: Subtitle (DVD)
17: Subtitle (DVD)
18: Subtitle (DVD)
19: Subtitle (DVD)
20: Subtitle (DVD)
21: Subtitle (DVD)
22: Subtitle (DVD)
[a04] The Nero decoder doesn't seem to work, will use libav instead.
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing E-AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 24 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Removing h264 pulldown...
[a04] Creating file "D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\Audio_4_Undetermined.WAV"...
[v02] Creating file "D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\Video_2.h264"...
[a04] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary. <WARNING>
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 4GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
[a04] Starting 2nd pass...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing E-AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 24 bits...
[a04] Writing WAV...
[a04] Creating file "D:\HD-DVD_s on HDD\Star Trek TOS BD conversions\Episode 02 - Where No Man Has Gone Before\Audio_4_Undetermined.WAV"...
[a04] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 4GB. <WARNING>
[a04] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly. <WARNING>
Video track 2 contains 206368 frames.
Video track 3 contains 243564 frames.
eac3to processing took 31 minutes, 31 seconds.
Done.

At 28.9 gig however the BD structure is bigger than the original HD-DVD movie file structure (25.2 gig) from which it was sourced. I suspect the WAV and W64 audio files created by eac3to are each much bigger than the original E-AC3 audio.

EAC3 is compressed, LPCM (WAV & W64) is uncompressed. If you need it smaller, convert to DTS (using SurCode@250us$) or AC3 and loose the HD element.

I have had a couple of movies, Gamer is one, give me the narrated version by the director and etc. ANy clue as to what I am missing?

I have had a couple of movies, Gamer is one, give me the narrated version by the director and etc. ANy clue as to what I am missing?

In the third screen, you chose the wrong audio track (or you did not move the one you really wanted to the top of the list). Of course, it may not be obvious which one you want from the screens in CloneBD. You may need to experiment.

Are you playing back as a blu-ray ISO or are you learning why playback of .m2ts files is a bad idea? If the former, can you change the audio to the one you want? If the latter, you are hosed.

Normally, the narration will be of lower quality, fewer channels and/or lower bit rate. If you are keeping any of those, move them to the bottom of the list and try again.

Problem with "Batman Begins" HD DVD

I am in the process of using ClownBD to transform all of my backed-up HD DVDs from HD DVD ISO to BD ISO.

This is working great for the most part. However, yesterday I tried to do this with "Batman Begins". No matter what I do, the process stops before tsRemux gets to do its thing. I end up with a complete demux but tsRemux appears to choke on it. Nothing in the log file.

I have tried directly from the disc as well as from ISO and HDDVD folder structure. There is nothing wrong with the disc itself, at least it can be played without any issues.

What could be causing this and can I run tsRemux manually as an alternative and then Imgburn?

EAC3 is compressed, LPCM (WAV & W64) is uncompressed. If you need it smaller, convert to DTS (using SurCode@250us$) or AC3 and loose the HD element.
Thanks for the feedback Mike,
So there is two solutions for the E-AC3 HD-DVD audio:
- keep the AC3 core through ClownBD GUI (but no more HD audio)
- Convert LPCM eac3to generated WAV and W64 files to DTS-HD (or at least to DTS 1536kb/s) with surcode tool.

Does Surcode tool is able to manage 5.1 LPCM wave file or it need to use channels splitted WAV files ?

John

In the third screen, you chose the wrong audio track (or you did not move the one you really wanted to the top of the list). Of course, it may not be obvious which one you want from the screens in CloneBD. You may need to experiment.

Are you playing back as a blu-ray ISO or are you learning why playback of .m2ts files is a bad idea? If the former, can you change the audio to the one you want? If the latter, you are hosed.

Normally, the narration will be of lower quality, fewer channels and/or lower bit rate. If you are keeping any of those, move them to the bottom of the list and try again.

I only make Iso's. The problem is on the 2nd screen it shows two 1080p video streams. One 1:36 minutes and one over 2 hours but on the third screen it only shows 1 video stream to choose from. When you play the demux iso you get the making of the movie and etc. I think the audio is ok. Ive done 50-75 movies and this has happened on 2 so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback Mike,
So there is two solutions for the E-AC3 HD-DVD audio:
- keep the AC3 core through ClownBD GUI (but no more HD audio)
- Convert LPCM eac3to generated WAV and W64 files to DTS-HD (or at least to DTS 1536kb/s) with surcode tool.

Does Surcode tool is able to manage 5.1 LPCM wave file or it need to use channels splitted WAV files ?

John
Further to the above I'm curious as to whether there is a material difference in audio quality between the origianal E-AC3 HD-DVD and the resultant uncompressed LPCM and DTS-HD.

I only make Iso's. The problem is on the 2nd screen it shows two 1080p video streams. One 1:36 minutes and one over 2 hours but on the third screen it only shows 1 video stream to choose from. When you play the demux iso you get the making of the movie and etc. I think the audio is ok. Ive done 50-75 movies and this has happened on 2 so far.

The second screen should determine which of the two you see in the third. Since the runtime of the movie is listed as 127 minutes (just over 2 hours), that should be the one you chose.

Then, in the third screen you should see only one 1080P stream. I selected the True HD AC3 track as the only audio track, and there is no confusion when I play it back.

I am in the process of using ClownBD to transform all of my backed-up HD DVDs from HD DVD ISO to BD ISO.

This is working great for the most part. However, yesterday I tried to do this with "Batman Begins". No matter what I do, the process stops before tsRemux gets to do its thing. I end up with a complete demux but tsRemux appears to choke on it. Nothing in the log file.

I have tried directly from the disc as well as from ISO and HDDVD folder structure. There is nothing wrong with the disc itself, at least it can be played without any issues.

What could be causing this and can I run tsRemux manually as an alternative and then Imgburn?

I can't get clown BD to ISO *any* HD DVD's - it does exactly as you describe....Goodfellas, Dune, Superman 1&2, American Gangster - nothing will get to the tsRemux side of things and nothing in the logs :(

I never saw the point in making them to HD DVD ISO's, I converted all mine to Blu-ray ones instead, which I then burnt to BD-r's and can now watch on my Blu-ray player

I've had no issue with converting any of my HD DVD's to Blu-ray, you do have the demux and remux locations set to different locations

I've had no issue with converting any of my HD DVD's to Blu-ray, you do have the demux and remux locations set to different locations

am indeed....trying again and having better success if i dont include subs...seems tsremux doesnt like HD DVD sub files :confused:

ts muxer says this what does it mean?

Hi whats does it mean in tsmuxer
DTS-HD stream (track 2): overlapped frame detected at position 00:26:57,205. Remove frame

sorry to post it existing thread

i have the same issues like politby and phantom_zone.
But not for all my HD-DVDs, most of them work fin but for some
it stops before muxxing. One way could be to put all files in the
muxxer but than i don't get any chapters, i think.

For me it is with Batman Begins, Lady in the water more to come
i am afraid ...

With two other discs i have other problems. With the HD-DVD
Perfume - the story of a murderer the strange parts starts with
the ripped name "Swanlake". I believe they messed up the burning
of the HD-DVD. But my problem is that it runs through all steps
within some seconds and the iso afterwards is only some kb big.

With my HD-DVD Renaissance clownBD runs through all steps and
creates an iso but audio is absolutely not sync. I believe the audio
is before video ...

I had also some issues with BDs but there it was no big deal, because
i did it again directly in tsmuxer and iso in imgburn, that worked for me.
But for HD-DVD i didn't find a way with keeping the chapters ...

Last edited:
I converted all my HD-DVDs to Blu-Ray without problems.

Back