• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Saw 3 R1, Anydvd 6.1.1.4

rossterman

locoeng,

I set my region to 1(where I live), but it still doesn't work. I have the latest version of AnyDVD(6.1.1.4) downloaded today, and the trial version of CloneDVD, downloaded two days ago. The original disc(Saw III) "appears" to be clean and undamaged, but it continues to stop reading @ 10%.

locoeng,

I set my region to 1(where I live), but it still doesn't work. I have the latest version of AnyDVD(6.1.1.4) downloaded today, and the trial version of CloneDVD, downloaded two days ago. The original disc(Saw III) "appears" to be clean and undamaged, but it continues to stop reading @ 10%.

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321
Answering the questions may help me and others help you further.

I suspect there's a very good chance you've come across a quality control issue with the original disc. Exchanging it may help. It doesn't matter if it seems clean and undamaged; it could still be a bad disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try scanning the disc with VSO Inspector, if it detects any errors or bad secotrs then you have a bad source disc and I would take it back and exchange it.

@tplat

Is there a guide that you know of somewhere for VSO Inspector? I ran it on a disk the other day and was wondering what the errors mean. There were two of them and it stated the code was 00 00 00 00.

But...after the updates of 6.1.1.4 I was still able to process this disk after doing a reinstall of my software.????:confused: ????

I copied this disc sucessfully with version 6.1.1.3 using clonedvd2 to rip. So I say bad disc. Clean it try again and then if it fails return it for another.

@webslinger

Has the updated 6.1.1.4 resolved the full disc issues?

@rossterman

Are you backing the full disc or movie only?

sigh, I thought I edited my post, not yours. sorry--Web.

First day of moderation blues . . .

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
locoeng said:
I'm sure if Recode won't work neither will Shrink...

Actually, initial reports were that Anydvd 6.1.1.3 and Nero Recode could do a full disc backup of Saw 3, while
Shrink couldn't. I don't know if the Shrink problem was due to the bug in Anydvd 6.1.1.3 or not. It's possible Shrink will do a full backup with Anydvd 6.1.1.4, but I'm not certain.

Regardless Clonedvd2 and Clonecd will do full disc backups of Saw 3 Region 1.

Keep in mind there were a lot of quality control issues with Saw 3 Region 1 (some discs are just bad, and need to be exchanged).

Sorry about editing your previous post. I thought I was editing mine.

Last edited:
hello everyone! =)
i actually had no problem backing up saw 3 region 1...using anydvd 6.1.1.3 and dvd decrypter to rip it to my hdd....then i used clonedvd2 to remove unwanted extras...

I used DVD Shrink w/ Saw III [Full Backup] works great! Zero errors

I have a R1 uncut version of Saw III and have had no problem in backing up the full dvd and extracting just the movie. Would agree that you probably have a bad original.

Regarding the users of DVDshrink - why? Everybody knows that it's at least a year out of date, and can't cope with the newer protection formats. It stopped being useful when the author sold out to Nero (now known as Nero Recode) and no further updates were done to Shrink.

Last edited:
It took me five times trying....could not do it with dvd shrink. Tried the fifth time with an old "ICopyDvDs2" program and backedup fine. I think it's a disc issue....had the same problem with the Illusionist. Every once in a while it happens. I have had probably six discs in over 1200 backups not be normal

First you need to have 6GB of free space on your hard drive, you have to have good computer P4 with 256MB or 512MB, if you don't have a good runing computer the software will not work right.

Last edited:
All original menus region free of course done w/ Saw III unrated version region 1 DVD

Hi,

An half year ago I bought a disc and got some errors, too. Not while work with slysoft products with the disc, but it seemed to be ok, but wasn´t ok. In other drives it didnt work, too. I brought the disc back to the store where I´ve bought it and got a new one that worked. No scratch was on the bad disc and no dirt... It isnt so that a disc that seems to be ok optically, has to be ok from the sector structure, automatically...

;)

Guess I'm one of the luck ones. I was able to rip saw3 with no problems using 1click 5.1.0.7 and anydvd 6.1.1.4

Back