• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal First release of SlySoft Game Jackel will come end of March...

BadIronTree

Game Jackal
First release of SlySoft Game Jackel will come end of March...

please change the name of the forum...

we have 12th of april

I have to agree here...

If you have said the product is coming at the beginning of April and it does not pitch then you have to explain to your customers why they are still waiting. Whilst I dont have any Slysoft products at home I am hoping that Slysoft is not oone of the companies that likes to keep there customers in the dark however after saying that they have done it in the past with the game jackal launch news...

Can we please have an update? Is it now middle or end of April?

Mods please dont just tell us to be patient because we the current game jackal customers have been patient for the last 3 months going into the 4th...

i dont care when it's released as it is something i shall never need.

Can we please have an update? Is it now middle or end of April?

I do not remember anyone saying it will be available in March 2007 :disagree:

Don't get me wrong, I have bought lifetime version of GJ maybe one month before they died. I guess that there must be some "objective" reason why it is not available yet - and it will not be, cannot be available before this reason is properly dealt with and solved. So an update about release date is all what we can get, not to force SlySoft to release it sooner or later.

hi,

lol funny joke^^
I do not remember anyone saying it will be available in March 2007

But did you except in a different way? 'cause I'm not surprised GameJackal not having been released at the end of March.

But I hope our mouths get immediately shut up when it's released... Perhaps we just hear..."wow." "great." and a lot of "ooh" and "aah", you know?

Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Last edited:
But I hope our mouths get immediately shut up when it's released...
And so do I. I was rather sad when I visited www.gamejackal.com shortly after my purchase and saw that they disappeared without warning - software like GJ needs to be constantly updated to keep its value. Now when it is 99.99% sure that GJ is not over and it is only question of time when I'll be allowed to send SlySoft my $10 or whatever and download a new version, I feel good about my initial purchase again and do not mind much whether they'll have it ready for sale tomorrow or in two weeks time. That said, an updated announcement about new estimate release date would be nice, though.

Mods please dont just tell us to be patient because we the current game jackal customers have been patient for the last 3 months going into the 4th...

I'm not a mods, but developers need time to put a program up to date.
For example, Daemon tools : sometimes a real up to date is preformed after 6 month : there was a whole year between 3.47 and 4.00.

But if you prefer a program which works only with fews games, even if they used the same protection, slysoft could give you a beta/ nightly build with lot's of bugs... And I think, slysoft doesn't want to give a program like that.

So be patient, as if you 're waiting for x2900 XTX ...
Think that next time, they probably don't give a date for new version.

If you actually took some time and read a few posts you would have seen this

"FYI:
Our developers are already working on the Vista problem. I'm not sure if they'll be ready for the first release of SlySoft Game Jackal end of March....

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2596

So we are waiting because of all the other impatient people who just had to install a buggy incomplete OS. So blame MS, blame VISTA (which should be renamed to ME II :agree: ), not Slysoft. But, on the other hand, it wouldn't hurt to give us an update.

Last edited:
Been using Vista for months, with a few exceptions I find it runs quite nicely on all 3 of the machines I have running. Personally I find it an insult to even remotely associate it with ME which was a piece of crap OS.

I'm sure Game Jackal will be released . . . when Slysoft deems the program as being ready to be released

Frankly, I'd rather having something that works than something that's buggy. If it takes Slysoft longer to test its software, then so be it.

All good things come to those who wait--unless, of course, you're standing in quicksand. ;)

Last edited:
Been using Vista for months, with a few exceptions I find it runs quite nicely on all 3 of the machines I have running. Personally I find it an insult to even remotely associate it with ME which was a piece of crap OS.

Actually, ME might have been a little better!:D

Seriously, sales and the fact people don't want it forced on them when they buy their new systems, drivers and on and on and on. Sure it may run 'nice' but there is no real reason for it and it has too many problems to go into here.

But this is a good read.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMxOCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I'm sure Game Jackal will be released . . . when Slysoft deems the program as being ready to be released
Frankly, I'd rather having something that works than something that's buggy. If it takes Slysoft longer to test its software, then so be it.
All good things come to those who wait--unless, of course, you're standing in quicksand. ;)

If that's Slysoft's attitude, I'm looking for alternatives starting right now. They made an official announcement, and appearantly they are ignoring the many users wanting to know what's going on. The least they can do is announce the delay.
If I find an alternative, they just lost a customer :).

If that's Slysoft's attitude, I'm looking for alternatives starting right now. They made an official announcement, and appearantly they are ignoring the many users wanting to know what's going on. The least they can do is announce the delay.
If I find an alternative, they just lost a customer :).

I do not write on Slysoft's behalf. But as a fan of the previous Game Jackal, what I wrote is certainly how I feel.

There are alternatives, but they do not create small profiles like Game Jackal does. I know what the lesser known alternatives are as well (I either own or have tested them all--and I've also informed Slysoft about them). I still prefer Game Jackal.

I'm sure GameJackal will be released when the program is ready to be released.

Last edited:
I give up..

I've drafted and rejected many postings to this forum regarding my inability to get my GJ registered (license uninitialized is the error message) after I reloaded my laptop. I think I need either the full version or the license installer, neither of which I have. I've come to realize that I basically need to wait for Slysoft to bring it out officially. No amount of whining, begging, threatening, or angry words is going to change anybody's mind one damned iota.

Two months without GJ, two months of shoving CDs/DVDs in the drive in my laptop every damned time I want to play a game is just the way things are.

You were right, Webslinger. It's not Slysoft's problem until I pay for it. The fact that I can't (even though I'd like to) is immaterial.

So, I'll just bide my time and try to be as patient as I can. I'd sure appreciate, however, some kind of word of progress or lack thereof.

-silverjim-

I'd sure appreciate, however, some kind of word of progress or lack thereof.

My opinion follows:

As a fan of the program, I would like to hear about what's going on too. I'd certainly like to use the program as much as everyone else does. Also, getting some sort of feedback from Slysoft would make my life a little easier on these boards. :D

Because I'm a moderator I'm not sure if I should be speculating, but my initial thought on the holdup was that perhaps Slysoft was trying to get GJ to work with Vista before releasing GJ--but that's pure speculation on my part.

I only really follow development of games, not applications. And whenever a release of a game is held back, it's invariably due to bugs or due to finishing game content. If the publisher is money hungry, the game will be forced out the door anyway without having the bugs fixed (or content will be severely cut from the game . . . anyone remember Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II? Lucasarts, the publisher, forced that game out the door early for a Christmas release, so Obsidian Entertainment, the developers, cut content from the game and rushed the ending. Team Gizka is addressing that issue for fans of that game: www.team-gizka.org). So, if the issue is bug fixing or trying to get Game Jackal working with Vista (and again, just speculation on my part), it would be, I think, in Slysoft's best interest to wait until the program is polished first before releasing it.

All this speculation aside, you're absolutely right: no amount of anger is going to change anything. And I don't know anything more than you do concerning Game Jackal's current state of development.

Last edited:
Thanks..

I appreciate your honest words, Webslinger. I'll just keep on keepin' on until the eventual release of GJ. And yeah, I'd rather have a polished release than a buggy one.

-silverjim-

My point is just that there is absolutely no information, other than the official announcement. The very least you can do is inform your customers about the situation.
It kind of resembles musicians who never cared about their fans waitng for more than an hour in a packed arena - they were ready to play when they felt like it.

Back