• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD burner wont recognize any CD's or DVD's anymore!

jbubrisk

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I'm having this issues where the DVD drive on my laptop wont read anything! I installed the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, then when I restarted my computer, the drive wouldn't recognize anything. There doesn't seem to be any problem with the drive, and its recognized in the device manager. Any ideas? The drive is a Pioneer DVR-K15, and I'm running windows XP, with AnyDVD 6.1.3.3, and CloneDVD 2.9.0.3. Thanks in advance!

Try this:
Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.

Sometimes this fixes that problem, and sometimes it doesn't........ won't hurt to try it.
Good luck!

Do you have some packet writing software? Sounds like something is accessing the drive before AnyDVD can. Problem software can be DVD43, InCD, DirectCD, etc. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
and list what is in your upper and lower filters.

Webslinger, you did it again.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, nothing has worked. I found a microsoft article about DVD drives, so I deleted the upper and lower limits in the registry, but that didn't work. Now there are no limits! Any ideas?

I don't know what you meant by limits, but I hope you didn't mean everything in the upper/lower filters. If so, AnyDVD and CloneDVD will not work.

We just needed a list to see what was there in case something was conflicting. Removing them could cause some problems. You will need to uninstall AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Make sure to keep your license keys before you do. Then reboot, install them, then reboot.

ok, so I was cautious and I saved the values before I deleted them. One was ElbyDelay, the second was anyDVD, and the third was PxHelp20. The UpperFilter was GearAspiWDM. Does that mean anything to you guys?

ok, so I was cautious and I saved the values before I deleted them. One was ElbyDelay, the second was anyDVD, and the third was PxHelp20. The UpperFilter was GearAspiWDM. Does that mean anything to you guys?

Those values are fine. But now you need to reinstall all your software. And this time, please follow all the steps in order (you didn't last time, because you didn't post anything):

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

OK so now, here is what the filters are, whats next?:

Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
Filterdriver properties are:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: PxHelp20
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.32.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Boot
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

One more thing, I just found that one of my random program CD's works, but another one does not, nd my DVD's still don't work :-/

One more thing, I just found that one of my random program CD's works, but another one does not, nd my DVD's still don't work :-/

Oh, wait. Anydvd can't fix dying drives. If Anydvd isn't on your system (and based on your filter info it's not as of your last post), and your drive can't see DVDs, then the issue has nothing to do with Slysoft software at all.

Last edited:
Yeha I just installed anyDVD and this what it said:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive D:!
PIONEER DVDRWDVR-K15 1.12 05/09/01PIONEER

Now what :( :bowdown:

I don't think the drive is dying, I just think something is missing, but I have no idea what it is!

Yeha I just installed anyDVD and this what it said:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive D:!
PIONEER DVDRWDVR-K15 1.12 05/09/01PIONEER

Now what :( :bowdown:

That message is fine--unless you also get it when a commercial movie is in the drive.

If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
when you have a movie inserted in that drive. Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=2891&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

I don't think the drive is dying, I just think something is missing, but I have no idea what it is!

If anydvd isn't on your system, and your drive can't see dvds, then either your drive is failing (and it's quite common in failing drives for them to read cds--and not dvds) or you have bad busmaster drivers. Either way, neither issue has anything to do with Slysoft software.

I can see the drive, and SOME discs are read, but then other are not. And the DVD's I have tried do not work at all. If I click on the drive, it acts like there is nothing there. I have AnyDVD installed right now, so it didn't fix it, but I KNOW it caused the problem, as it was working fine before the installation.

Open AnyDVD, just click on the fox icon. Under the Video DVD header to the left, click on CSS Keys. If the "Use CSS Key Archive" is checked, uncheck it and try a DVD again.

Back