• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wasting disk!!

t-rex

:mad: I can't figure out what's wrong. Whenever I use clone dvd after any dvd I always have to burn 2 disk. The first time I always get an error about the media. After I replace that disk with a new one it burns fine. It's almost like it has to do a practice disk first then it burns. This happens on every movie. Any clues? I have updated my drive GSA-H21N from Dell and the disk I use are verbatim. So what gives???

:mad: I can't figure out what's wrong. Whenever I use clone dvd after any dvd I always have to burn 2 disk. The first time I always get an error about the media. After I replace that disk with a new one it burns fine. It's almost like it has to do a practice disk first then it burns. This happens on every movie. Any clues? I have updated my drive GSA-H21N from Dell and the disk I use are verbatim. So what gives???

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd and Clonedvd:
visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

2) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, etc.)

3) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

4) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner:
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

5) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

What kind of Verbatim are you using? visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2589

Are you using this stuff? visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2102

6) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

7) State the full error message(s) you encountered

8 ) Give the information that's requested in step 4 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 please

9. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

10. Click this
Do what it says to do.

Thanks

Last edited:
Strange pattern of WriteDVD 10 11 W2 errors

Getting very strange pattern in write errors that may point to where the problem lies: w/ any media, at any speed, w/ AnyDVD on or off, I ALWAYS get thru copying process, get thru "setting up, erasing" phase of burn process, get a few minutes into "write" part of process, then get "writedvd 10 11 w2" message,

THEN (here's the weird part), when I take out ruined disc, replace it with another that's exactly the same kind, click on "ok" to get rid of error window and click on "write" to try to burn again, it AWAYS accepts the second disc and gives me a perfect burn.

There seems to be some crucial difference in the way the first and second discs are "accepted/ read/ evaluated/ processed"/ whatever you want to call it, that one is considered unusable media, while the second--identical in every way--is considered acceptable...? This has happened at least a dozen times now, which means CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD are working perfectly, but only on every other disc

Incidentally, I've installed newest versions of AnyDVD/ CloneDVD2, checked filters, installed microsoft driver for busmaster, installed latest firmware for burner, tried dvd-r/dvd-rw/dvd+r, etc, etc.

Actually, I had an almost identical problem with my Plextor PX-716A. It essentially did the same thing where one burn would fail but if I put in a new disc it would work fine. This happened repeatedly and didn't matter what burning software I used or even if I was backing up a DVD or just data files. I also tried different media. Nothing made any difference.

In my case I have to say the problem was the drive. Btw, the drive was able to read just beautifully and still ripped anything I could throw at it. The problem only had to do with burning. My PX-708A and PX-760A haven't had any problems at all. Right now I haven't gotten around to having the PX-716A looked at but my guess would be that either: (1) it's in need of a very thorough cleaning [and a brand new DVD chipped inside the drive to make things worse but that was after the problem had started] and/or (2) the drive is/was simply dying.

Anyway, I could be way off base but just food for thought.

Last edited:
There seems to be some crucial difference in the way the first and second discs are "accepted/ read/ evaluated/ processed"/

If this were actually happening, everyone would be having this problem--not just a handful.

Pattern in WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error message

So, how many people who've run into WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error message (many, apparently) have put another disc in and made a second attempt to burn? (Haven't heard much about this...) And what happens?

I had this exact same issue. The optical drive was configured as a slave to the HDD master, and someone here on the forum told me to configure it as a master. I went inside and set it up as a master on the secondary controller and the problem went away. You might try it, it used to happen first time every time to me and now it never happens.

So, how many people who've run into WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error message (many, apparently)

I and others have fixed the vast majority of those issues. So, what you're facing, is in fact, rare. And you should probably pay attention to what Spanky wrote.

Last edited:
I had this exact same issue. The optical drive was configured as a slave to the HDD master, and someone here on the forum told me to configure it as a master. I went inside and set it up as a master on the secondary controller and the problem went away. You might try it, it used to happen first time every time to me and now it never happens.

This sounds promising, as it can't just be media, with four different batches.... Thanx.

Keep us posted with you progress, and let us know if it worked for you like it did for me.

Progress (or lack thereof) report

Checked out your suggestion, and seems drives are already configured that way.

(Knew it couldn't be that simple...)

Decided to make it simple, tho: I'm ditching CloneDVD, switching to ShrinkDVD/ Nero combo, and it's all working--not as effortless as CloneDVD, unfortunately, but, hey, if it's broke, scrap it.

Well shucks! Sure fixed mine. So you have multiple drives and they are all configured as masters?

I just have a SATA HD, an IDE dvd-burner, and an external zip, so only one master and no slaves, which is the way I prefer it ;)

Incidentally, just tried dvdfab platinum, and it decrypts, compresses, copies and burns, flawlessly so far, with just one click. Think I just found my new MO.

Decided to make it simple, tho: I'm ditching CloneDVD, switching to ShrinkDVD/ Nero combo, and it's all working--not as effortless as CloneDVD, unfortunately, but, hey, if it's broke, scrap it.

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

No upper filters, only lower filters are Elbydelay, Anydvd and iomega (my zip drive, which I've since uninstalled).

???

I too have the same problem ive tried different media still same results after coping movie i put in media and get same error saying maybe bad media i insert another disc and it copys fine

No upper filters, only lower filters are Elbydelay, Anydvd and iomega (my zip drive, which I've since uninstalled).

???

That's a bit unusual if you also have Nero installed on your system. But your filters otherwise look fine.

What burners (brand/model#) are you folks using? Seems pretty weird for people to be suddenly coming out the blue with this issue
when Anydvd hasn't changed for a few weeks now.

Last edited:
I think when I checked filters, I'd uninstalled Nero.

Burner is Samsung s182d, running sbo4 firmware. brand new. no problems so far with dvdshrink or dvdfab, on any media (tho haven't tried dl) :confused:

upper class filter INcdpass
upper class filter INcdm
DEVICE OBJECT Sony dvd rw dru-820A
lower class filter ELBYDELAY
lower class filter ANYDVD

Back