• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

writing with clonedvd

tivertonrose

Hi,
I'm fairly new with using CloneDVd2 and cloneCd that I bought last month and have a question about writing with clonedvd. I've been reading all your posts and notice that quite a few of you copy using clonedvd and then go use other programs like, nero, imgburn, etc., to write to your disks. Is there a good reason for that? Why not use cloneDvd for the copy and writing? I know a lot of it is personal preference but just would like to know why imgburn or others would be a better choice to burn. Thanks ~Rose.

Hi,
I'm fairly new with using CloneDVd2 and cloneCd that I bought last month and have a question about writing with clonedvd. I've been reading all your posts and notice that quite a few of you copy using clonedvd and then go use other programs like, nero, imgburn, etc., to write to your disks. Is there a good reason for that? Why not use cloneDvd for the copy and writing? I know a lot of it is personal preference but just would like to know why imgburn or others would be a better choice to burn. Thanks ~Rose.

The reason that I use Nero is to verify the burn so that I know if something got screwed up in the process. CloneDVD does fine on it's own but it won't verify. When/if Elby adds the feature to CloneDVD then I may switch to using CloneDVD for burning my backups, as well.

Edit: ImgBurn also allows verifying when burning your backup to DVD.

Last edited:
Oh I see. Thank you for the information. I think I will try the verifying also. I didn't know about it. ~Rose

Oh I see. Thank you for the information. I think I will try the verifying also. I didn't know about it. ~Rose

Btw, I should note that I verify my burns only when I an burning the ripped DVD from my HDD to a blank DVD. I wouldn't use verify when doing an on-the-fly DVD to DVD copy because it's likely to fail due to how AnyDVD operates.

Some people say it's best to temporarily disable AnyDVD even when burning from your HDD to a blank DVD because it, too, can cause verification to fail. I've personally, never had any issues with either Nero or ImgBurn not verifying correctly when burning a ripped DVD from my HDD to a blank DVD disc.

Glad to help! :)

Hi,
Yes, I just read in imgburn log to disable any dvd when burning. After using verify, does it give you a message or something if something is wrong? Thank You. ~Rose

Hi,
Yes, I just read in imgburn log to disable any dvd when burning. After using verify, does it give you a message or something if something is wrong? Thank You. ~Rose

I'm not sure about ImgBurn [since I've never had a burn fail verification with it] but I would assume there would be a noticeable alert that verification failed.

For Nero when a burn/verification is complete there is a small pop-up window that says either there was an error in verification or that the burn is complete and it verified.

That is what imgburn has--a pop up that says verification is complete. Must mean all is well. I have nero and roxio that came with drives also, but like to use imgburn while changing Samsung's booktype each time I put a disk in that drive, so I just stay in imgburn. CloneDvd and Cd has been working very well for me so far. Thank you very much for your responses, I learned something new. ~Rose

That is what imgburn has--a pop up that says verification is complete. Must mean all is well.

That sounds to be right. :)

I have nero and roxio that came with drives also, but like to use imgburn while changing Samsung's booktype each time I put a disk in that drive, so I just stay in imgburn.

That makes sense and ImgBurn is a solid program. If it works why not use it, right? :)

CloneDvd and Cd has been working very well for me so far. Thank you very much for your responses, I learned something new. ~Rose

The Slysoft programs are pretty handy, indeed, but as I said before... I like verification. When and if they add it I'll use the CloneDVD for burning. That said, there are other very nice and useful programs out there that can make backing up movies a lot nicer (ie ImgBurn, FixVTS, VobBlanker, etc) in different ways.

I'm glad to have helped! :)

Back