• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encountered a problem!

oogabooga

Most of the people I know who backup their DVD's use different methods to do so, which is why I think its important for me to write my method of backup.

First of all, let me just say that AnyDVD has NEVER let me down. If AnyDVD does ever get stuck than I simply update it and everything goes back to normal. THANKYOU SLYSOFT! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I have two methods of Backing up DVD's, one method is for older versions which don't use fancy protection such as Arccos and for newer titles I use AnyDVD. I will list both methods:

Methods for backup of older titles:
1. Using DVD Decrypter, I make an Image pf the DVD.
2. Using DVDShrink I click on File>Open Disc Image
3. I select the Audio tracks and Subpictures I want and delete the unnecessary ones.
4. I click on the "Backup" button and save it as an ISO File.
5. Using DVD Decrypter I burn the image onto a single-layer DVD-R.

Method used for backup of newer titles:
1. Using AnyDVD Ripper, I rip the DVD
2. Using DVDShrink I click on the "Open Files" button
3. I select the Audio tracks and Subpictures I want and delete the unnecessary ones.
4. I click on the "Backup" button and save it as an ISO File.
5. Using DVD Decrypter I burn the image onto a single-layer DVD-R.

I have been trying to backup "Employee of the Month" and "Beerfest". Now the problem that I am facing is that when opening the files by clicking on the "open files button" , after ripping the DVD using AnyDVD Ripper, DVDShrink keeps giving me the following error

DVD Shrink encountered the following error and cannot continue

Out of Memory

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Following are my computer specs:
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
1GB Corsair
Nvidia GeForce 6800
WD Raptor Array (Boot)
2 500GB Drives for storage

I have used the above methods to backup many DVD's without encountering any problems. DVDShrink works fine with other images but gets stuck on this one and a few more namely "Beerfest".

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Since you do this all the time with all backups I would think you are aware that there is leftover space on the movie saved on the PC when using dvd shrink. I would like to ask after a few reads and burns are you defragging the PC too?

Since you do this all the time with all backups I would think you are aware that there is leftover space on the movie saved on the PC when using dvd shrink. I would like to ask after a few reads and burns are you defragging the PC too?

I have repeated this process hundreds of times without defragging and never had a problem. My harddisks have plenty of free space.

I have been trying to backup "Employee of the Month" and "Beerfest". Now the problem that I am facing is that when opening the files by clicking on the "open files button" , after ripping the DVD using AnyDVD Ripper, DVDShrink keeps giving me the following error ...
I don't want to sound like the average salesman, but the solution to your problem: Use CloneDVD2. If you prefer Shrink's compressor over CloneDVD's, do it this way:
1.) Copy the files to Harddisk using CloneDVD2 first. You can preselect titles, you can keep menus, you can copy the whole disc... whatever you like. CloneDVD can leave out titles while keeping the menus. Very cool! 8)
Make sure, that you set the output size to "dual layer disc", so CloneDVD2 will not compress. As an indicator: The quality bar should stay at 100%.
2.) Now use Shrink on the files created by CloneDVD2.
3.) Burn & enjoy.

I would clean up and defrag the PC then. This can cause read and burn issues if it is heavily fragmated.

I don't want to sound like the average salesman, but the solution to your problem: Use CloneDVD2. If you prefer Shrink's compressor over CloneDVD's, do it this way:
1.) Copy the files to Harddisk using CloneDVD2 first. You can preselect titles, you can keep menus, you can copy the whole disc... whatever you like. CloneDVD can leave out titles while keeping the menus. Very cool! 8)
Make sure, that you set the output size to "dual layer disc", so CloneDVD2 will not compress. As an indicator: The quality bar should stay at 100%.
2.) Now use Shrink on the files created by CloneDVD2.
3.) Burn & enjoy.

I just tried to burn an image using CloneDVD2 and CloneDVD2 gave me an error at 81%!

Originally posted by Charlie
I would clean up and defrag the PC then. This can cause read and burn issues if it is heavily fragmated.

I can understand what your saying but I just burned two other images with no problems! It works fine with other images but these two keep giving me problems.

I have seen this exact error

I have seen this error in Shrink. Like Charlie mentioned defrag is a must. Burning frags up your drive something fierce. If you are STILL having this problem after defrag, and a disk cleanup Uninstall Shrink and AnyDVD.

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you uninstall AnyDVD. Save your key file for AnyDVD it is called anydvdkey I have mine in a few places. It is impossible for Slysoft to replace it without a terrible ordeal. In the past they did not replace them period. When it asks you to save registration info in Any say no.

Now reinstall AnyDVD and Shrink after defrag, etc. As soon as you have AnyDVD installed double click on your key and it will register itself again.

These are the steps I followed to correct that.

Also, are you using the current AnyDVD. That needs to be kept updated.

Reading and burning DVD's will move this image around to where it feels to be. Delete the image and the HDD will shw the disk is fragmated this is commom in DVD burning as well as installing other stuff. I was just trying to help you but it's ultimatly your desicion to do so. I think other members here can agree that this won't happen all the time but not keeping the system clwan will result in this or bad reads and burns later if left not done on a regular schedule.

Again it's your desicion though just giving some advice for you to help.

I have seen this error in Shrink. Like Charlie mentioned defrag is a must. Burning frags up your drive something fierce. If you are STILL having this problem after defrag, and a disk cleanup Uninstall Shrink and AnyDVD.

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you uninstall AnyDVD. Save your key file for AnyDVD it is called anydvdkey I have mine in a few places. It is impossible for Slysoft to replace it without a terrible ordeal. In the past they did not replace them period. When it asks you to save registration info in Any say no.

Now reinstall AnyDVD and Shrink after defrag, etc. As soon as you have AnyDVD installed double click on your key and it will register itself again.

These are the steps I followed to correct that.

Thanx for the info princess! Very much appreciated. I am in the process of cleaning out my drive and I will defrag it once I'm done. One question though, should I only defrag the root drive or should i defrag all the drives? I keep DVDShrink in my root drive and I keep the images on my root drive.

kittyprincess66,

I don't believe defrag will help in this case. When Shrink says "Out of memory" I think it means "main memory" (RAM) not "harddisk space". Unless there is no room for the swapfile, in my opinion it indicates an internal problem.

This is indeed a very good advice! @oogabooga: You are running AnyDVD 6.1.1.4, aren't you? If not, please update, and try again.

Reading and burning DVD's will move this image around to where it feels to be. Delete the image and the HDD will shw the disk is fragmated this is commom in DVD burning as well as installing other stuff. I was just trying to help you but it's ultimatly your desicion to do so. I think other members here can agree that this won't happen all the time but not keeping the system clwan will result in this or bad reads and burns later if left not done on a regular schedule.

Again it's your desicion though just giving some advice for you to help.

See I ripped the DVD using AnyDVD ripper and I just downloaded CloneDVD.

1. I chose the "Clone DVD" option from the Main Menu
2. I directed CloneDVD2 to where AnyDVD Ripper stored the files after ripping them
3. In the Quality drop down menu I selected DVD+/-R DL
4. In the Audio Subtitles Screen I deselected the Spanish Subtitles (since I'm not latin)
5. I clicked on "ISO/UDF Image" in the following screen and clicked on next.

And It gave me an error at 81%

Your help and prompt response is greatly appreciated!

kittyprincess66,

I don't believe defrag will help in this case. When Shrink says "Out of memory" I think it means "main memory" (RAM) not "harddisk space". Unless there is no room for the swapfile, in my opinion it indicates an internal problem.

This is indeed a very good advice! @oogabooga: You are running AnyDVD 6.1.1.4, aren't you? If not, please update, and try again.

Yes sir! Updated it yesterday when I ran into this problem. So James what do you suggest I do?

What is the error? 81% doesn't tell me nothing but maybe clean the DVD Disc, even if it is brand new.

See I ripped the DVD using AnyDVD ripper and I just downloaded CloneDVD.

1. I chose the "Clone DVD" option from the Main Menu
2. I directed CloneDVD2 to where AnyDVD Ripper stored the files after ripping them
No, don't use the ripper. Use CloneDVD2 *instead* of the ripper directly on the original disc.

Last edited:
When Shrink says "Out of memory" I think it means "main memory" (RAM) not "harddisk space".

This error typically has no bearing on the status of RAM or hard disc space, but rather is an indication that all of the protection hasn't been removed and DVD Shrink cannot handle the encryption.

This error typically has no bearing on the status of RAM or hard disc space, but rather is an indication that all of the protection hasn't been removed and DVD Shrink cannot handle the encryption.
... exactly, and as a result Shrink "eats up" all its memory. :agree:

If it ripped fine process through clonedvd2 or dvd shrink.

Back