• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony Dvd's

zitty_2005

Does anyone know what its going on with the new Sony Movies? I cant get AnyDvd to work with them. It always gives me an error. I also use Dvd Shrink with it. Can anyone help? Thank you

Does anyone know what is going on with the new Sony movies? I can't get AnyDVD to work with them. I am also using DVD Shrink with it. Can anyone help. Every time I try and to pull a Sony DVD up it gives me an error message. Please help. Thank you

Although to add a statement here it's not anydvd with the problems, it is dvd shrink. If you try clonedvd with anydvd you'll get perfect copies.

Although to add a statement here it's not anydvd with the problems, it is dvd shrink. If you try clonedvd with anydvd you'll get perfect copies.

Not totally accurate. The makers of AnyDVD have chosen NOT to include upgrades to AnyDVD to work with Shrink.
There are several programs that will work. Buy CloneDVD or check the Third Party Software thread for alternatives.

Not totally accurate. The makers of AnyDVD have chosen NOT to include upgrades to AnyDVD to work with Shrink.
There are several programs that will work. Buy CloneDVD or check the Third Party Software thread for alternatives.

That's about the way I see it too. They say they're gonna create something to let AnyDVD do an ISO compliant rip - Shrink pretty much requires an ISO compliant DVD to work. That said, they're not exactly burning burning the midnight oil keeping us Shrink users updated as to how it's progressing. In the mean time - the manta is to "buy CloneDVD2 and your problems will be solved." Go figgure.

-W

Actually it's pretty easy to "figgure", the problem is not with AnyDVD, it's a problem with Shrink.

The way I see it the problem is with AnyDvd not with Dvd Shrink. I did not buy Anydvd to be held hostage to Clonedvd. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Last edited:
I fail to see the connection? I bought Nero 7 and it won’t work with the Sony crap either. I don’t feel I’m held hostage by anyone other than Sony. Still I think with FixVTS and VOB blanker you can make the rip compliant.

Yeah, most do, but I've had a little trouble with some of them. I think Rocky Balboa was one of them. I just use CloneCD and Verb +DL, no worries.

I just use CloneCD and Verb +DL, no worries.

Someone has seen the light! :clap: ;)

But I do hope something gets done for Shrink users at some point (but that's just my opinion).

Last edited:
i also have nero 7 newest updates and along with anydvd it does work so does clonedvd2

AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2

I really fail to see the logic with the DVD Shrink complainers. 1st of all, DVD Shrink is long outdated. 2nd , if someone will fork over say, $60.00 for Nero, what the heck is it with buying CloneDVD 2? Let's do the math, Nero, approximately 60 bucks. CloneDVD 2, 40 bucks and Lifetime updates, in addition, it IS the perfect companion to AnyDVD! I HAVE Nero 6 Ultra, I NEVER use it anymore.:disagree:
The way I see it the problem is with AnyDvd not with Dvd Shrink. I did not buy Anydvd to be held hostage to Clonedvd. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Held hostage by CloneDVD? What the heck! If something works and I mean works very well, then why not buy it??? It's no more money than a couple of movies. I personally think, no, I KNOW that with AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2 I have not seen any movies I can not back up, successfully!:agree:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
I personally do not like CloneDVD2.
And I like it even less because it appears to be obtaining an unfair market advantage thanks to Sony's bullcrap and the marketing spinjob applied to the issue. Shrink will work as long as DVD5's and 9's exist.. It just needs to see an ISO compliant DVD.

-W
PS A lot of Shrink users already bought Nero, so that explained the money already spent.

Last edited:
I HAVE Nero 6 Ultra, I NEVER use it anymore.:disagree:

As much as I love CloneDVD for selective ripping of titles I will not use it to burn. Without the ability to verify what I've burned I won't use it [for burning]. I use Nero 7 Ultra to burn my rips [from my HDD] with verifcation to make sure there are no errors. Every now and then there will be. Once Elby adds verification to burning then I'll switch over to burning with CloneDVD.

And I like it even less because it appears to be obtaining an unfair market advantage thanks to Sony's bullcrap and the marketing spinjob applied to the issue.

In the end this isn't really an issue with Slysoft or Elby. I mean people will be unhappy that it doesn't create a truly compliant DVD... personally, I wish it did... but if the combo rips and burns a DVD and plays on nearly all DVD players and is KISS in theory then it's Sony that is really to blame. I would note, however, that Slysoft should add an additional disclaimer to the description to the AnyDVD description on the website about it's compatibility with other software than CloneDVD.

Actually it's pretty easy to "figgure", the problem is not with AnyDVD, it's a problem with Shrink.
I'm sorry, but the problem is definitely not Shrink. DVD Shrink accepts compliant, legal DVD files. And if AnyDVD or anything else cannot create those than it does not accept it. DVD Shrink is in the right.

I really fail to see the logic with the DVD Shrink complainers. 1st of all, DVD Shrink is long outdated. 2nd , if someone will fork over say, $60.00 for Nero, what the heck is it with buying CloneDVD 2? Let's do the math, Nero, approximately 60 bucks. CloneDVD 2, 40 bucks and Lifetime updates, in addition, it IS the perfect companion to AnyDVD! I HAVE Nero 6 Ultra, I NEVER use it anymore.:disagree: Held hostage by CloneDVD? What the heck! If something works and I mean works very well, then why not buy it??? It's no more money than a couple of movies. I personally think, no, I KNOW that with AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2 I have not seen any movies I can not back up, successfully!:agree:
I, as well as many others, do not wish to pay $40 for a ripper. I can get the same thing for free. Don't ever call those people cheap either. So lets see, $40 (more if I pay from Australia) or $0. Hmmmmm...

I really hope there will be an AnyDVD update that will fix this Shrink problem, but you can bet that $40 you won’t spend that the fix won’t come from Shrink! :disagree:

I really hope there will be an AnyDVD update that will fix this Shrink problem, but you can bet that $40 you won’t spend that the fix won’t come from Shrink! :disagree:
For people using DVD Shrink and others who want a clean, complian rip (me) there are other ways to get this done. Free ways.

Back