• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Preferred Blue Ray media for AnyDVD HD

NeutronDave

Hello to all,

I am ready to purchase BD media. Any suggestions on what to buy and what to avoid?:bowdown:

AnyDVD HD doesn't use media so not sure why it's in the AnyDVD HD forum

For blu-ray imo Verbatim & Traxdata. The Traxdata's are a bit cheaper then verbatim but i havent had a coaster with either brand. And i've burnt quite a few bds already

AnyDVD HD doesn't use media so not sure why it's in the AnyDVD HD forum

It's not now. :) I guess this should be the CD/DVD/BD blanks forum but anyway...

I recommend Verbatim, personally.

I would avoid BD-RE (rewritable) and BD-R (50gb) dual layers.

Still way too expensive, and with today technology, with minor compression can fit on a BD-R (25gb) single layer or more than one disk without compression.

Don't need the rewritable BD-RE because you can learn how to put it on a BD-R without any mistakes.

:D

I'd steer clear of Traxdata, I've written 50+ discs using traxdata discs and going back to them have found over 25% of them are now useless

I'd steer clear of Traxdata, I've written 50+ discs using traxdata discs and going back to them have found over 25% of them are now useless
I have found the same thing. If Bluray starts selling tons of media maybe Taiyo Yuden will get into the act. LOL.;)

I have found the same thing. If Bluray starts selling tons of media maybe Taiyo Yuden will get into the act. LOL.;)

That'd be nice. For now Verbatim is the best I've found. Panasonic gets decent ratings for DL media.

I wouldn't, unless you can find out what dye etc they use. I buy PiData discs which have a good record using Ritek dye, and can but them at 250 for £250 and they are surface printable

Back