• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Now it's dragging (HELP)

beammeup

I have been been using CloneDVD and it have always finish in 25-35 min. but lately it's now taking a 90 min or more to work. I have windows XP PRO, a 1GB ram and CPU 14Ghz.

I have been been using CloneDVD and it have always finish in 25-35 min. but lately it's now taking a 90 min or more to work. I have windows XP PRO, a 1GB ram and CPU 14Ghz.

Your drive may be operating in PIO mode rather than DMA.
Here is a link to help you. It says Photo Backup, but the principles are the same. Read it and make the changes if necessary.
http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

Your drive may be operating in PIO mode rather than DMA.
he did say it used to do it in 25-30mins,so why would he suddenly find it in PIO mode??rather than DMA.i cant see beammeup suddenly altering the settings.

he did say it used to do it in 25-30mins,so why would he suddenly find it in PIO mode??rather than DMA.i cant see beammeup suddenly altering the settings.

Something has obviously changed, and what sockeye suggested is an excellent place to start looking.

Checking free space on the harddrive, ensuring other programs you don't need aren't running in the background, defragmenting the harddrive, and checking for spyware are other things to consider doing.

Last edited:
Mike,
From Windows XP onward, when Windows detects a certain number of "errors" in the transfer of data from a DVD drive, it will "automatically" lower the transfer mode from DMA to PIO. This is considered a "feature" of Windows. So when there is a sudden drop in read or write speeds, checking the transfer mode (in Device Manager) is a valid suggestion.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Mike,
From Windows XP onward, when Windows detects a certain number of "errors" in the transfer of data from a DVD drive, it will "automatically" lower the transfer mode from DMA to PIO. This is considered a "feature" of Windows. So when there is a sudden drop in read or write speeds, checking the transfer mode (in Device Manager) is a valid suggestion.

Best regards,
Whisperer
no problemo.i didn't know that.you learn something new everyday.

Back