• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Almost done writing and message says bad media

madgreen

Help! I have the latest version of CloneDvd and AnyDvd and when the dvd is almost complete in writing the dvd on Clone dvd I get a message that the dvd is possibly using bad media. Sometimes it will complete a writing using the same media. Also I have not had any issues using the same media with DVD decrypter. Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10
2. Use good quality media
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x)
4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)
5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to)

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom)

What type of media are you using? It would appear that it is "sub-par". Most media failures occur at the outer areas of the disc when writing (near completion as it were).

using bad media

Why would the media be the cause when it will burn sucessfully with DVD decrypter using the exact same media. Just asking so that I can learn from these issues.

Also, if you want, do this (but chances are your choice of blank media is the problem):

1.Click this

Do what it says to do.

If you're not using Microsoft's default drivers, then please do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

hey, im having the same issue. i dont recall this happening as frequently with other media, but now ive been using a spindle of memorex dvds. so its not exactly a ghetto brand. i have my firmware up to date. here are my low/high filters
Lowers-

AnyDVD
PxHelp20
ElbyDelay

uppers-

GEARAspiWDM

thanks for your help

brian

but now ive been using a spindle of memorex dvds. so its not exactly a ghetto brand.

You will get a lot of disagreements with you there. I won't even buy Memorex CDR because of problems I've had with it.

damn, i thought memorex was an alright brand. thanks, ill pick up some better ones tomorrow and check it out.

thanks

damn, i thought memorex was an alright brand. thanks, ill pick up some better ones tomorrow and check it out.

thanks

The best you can get is the Taiyo Yuden Premium. If you get a lesser brand, you might try setting the disc to custom at no more than 4300. A lot of the medium quality brands are OK through most of the disc, just seem to be poor at the end.

If you get a lesser brand, you might try setting the disc to custom at no more than 4300. A lot of the medium quality brands are OK through most of the disc, just seem to be poor at the end.

Better off to buy TY or Verbatim if you want those discs to still work in a couple of years.

clone dvd freezing up

I am using clone dvd 2.9.0.3 and any dvd 6.1.4.3. When I insert a movie into the drive and open clone dvd, most of the time it freezes up. I can't even close out of the program. I have to hard boot the computer and start over. Sometimes it will work, though. I save the movie on the dvd files portion, and write later. Sometimes when I am burning, the dvd drive will start and stop, and never actually start the burning process. Sometimes it will work fine.

Do you think I have a software conflict with something else on my computer. I disable my anti-virus, and I am using good media. (Taiyo Yuden). There is no update for my firmware available. Below is my upper and lower filters. Can I disable or remove the other filters and the software still work properly?
--------------------------------
5/15/2007, 12:30:38 PM

Lowerfilter Scan results:
Filter: ElbyDelay
Filter: AnyDVD
Filter: Pfc

Filter service properties are listed below:
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.4.3
StartName:
Name: pfc
Caption: Padus ASPI Shell
Description: Padus ASPI Shell
DisplayName: Padus ASPI Shell
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
Version Info: 2.5.0.201
StartName:

Upperfilter Scan results:
Filter: GEARAspiWDM

I appreciate any help, I am new at this.

Back