• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

More and more not being recognized

creeper6996

I use AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Shrink, 1ClickDVDCopy, Decrypter, and I keep getting more and more originals that my drive/burner isn't recognizing. These are new releases, from different studios. I would say about 15-20% of the orignals I try, aren't being recognized.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming this on ANY of the software I'm using, but it is becoming a problem.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Might be a sign to get a new drive (unless you're having fun with newer Sony and Lionsgate releases)

Last edited:
Even if it's working with the other 80%? When burners go bad, they get sketchy? I thought when they went bad, they didn't work anymore at all.

Even if it's working with the other 80%? When burners go bad, they get sketchy? I thought when they went bad, they didn't work anymore at all.

You have the classic "going bad" symptoms.

I use AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Shrink, 1ClickDVDCopy, Decrypter, and I keep getting more and more originals that my drive/burner isn't recognizing. These are new releases, from different studios. I would say about 15-20% of the orignals I try, aren't being recognized.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming this on ANY of the software I'm using, but it is becoming a problem.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Been there, had that......some would read fine....more and more not......installed new burner.......problem went bye bye. :agree:

That is great. It's good knowing what the problem is. Sure don't mind spending money on a new burner. Thanks to all of you.

It's been suggested to me before to......

"If you can find them, go with a PX-760 or a PX-716."

After searching Newegg and reading the reviews, I'm scared. There were lots of negatives, should I just ignore those?

Plextor

It's been suggested to me before to......

"If you can find them, go with a PX-760 or a PX-716."

After searching Newegg and reading the reviews, I'm scared. There were lots of negatives, should I just ignore those?

There are several on the forum that have both of those burners. I have the 760A, but not the 716. The only negatives with either is the price. If you are wanting something as good, but maybe cheaper, the Pioneer 111 or 112 would be an alternative. There are some good Sony and Lite-On, but you're not sure if they are real or branded.

Cheapest place for the Pioneer in the US is Supermediastore.com or maybe Newegg.

I have 2 Plextor 716's and they are superb products. I also use Lite-On and NEC.

Back