• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Successful BD Rip & Burn?

wdgoldstein

Beta Tester
I have just completed burning a BD rip (from the directory created by AnyDVD/HD) to a BD-R disc with Nero in BD data disc mode. I wasn't watching the UDF mode and found when it was partway through it was set in "Automatic UDF" which I believe is UDF 1.X rather than UDF 2.5. However when the burn completed PowerDVD 7.3 played the disc perfectly in "Disc" mode rather than file ro Folder mode. Does this mean a stand alone player would do the same (as I don't have one to test it on)?

In the future should I make sure all such rips are using the manually selected UDF 2.5 file system?

FYI a 22 gig folder took 1:33 to burn on a Sony BWU-100A 2X BD Burner (Verbatim 1-2X BD-R disc). Can't wait for the faster, cheaper burners and reasonably priced media.

Last edited:
I recently discovered that all you have to do is have ANYDVD-HD on. Then open Nero , put a Blu-Ray Movie in you Blu-Ray drive, Nero has an option that says Copy Blu-ray disc, select it. Nero will rip the Blu-ray movie to your harddrive, when it is done it will tell you to insert blank media. After you insert the blank Blu-ray disc, Nero then will burn the ripped movie from the harddrive to the disc. The best part is that it will play perfectly in the PS3 ( V 1.60 ) with all the menus working just like the original disc. I have tried this with single layer BD-RE, and BD-RE DL, they both work. As a matter of fact I ripped Superman Returns, that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!

As a matter of fact I ripped Superman Returns, that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!
how do you remove some of the special features?

Back