• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is DVD-Fab Gold Compatible?

mind sci

Does anyone know if the latest DVD-Fab Gold work w/ ANY DVD? It is on sale now... I know it would have redundant decrypting.

Maybe a sticky should be posted about compatibility, I've been seeing way too many threads about this kind of stuff.

would you know about Fab?

Hey would you know about Fab compatibility? Oops about the other stuff:bowdown:

I don't really know what you mean by compatibility. They both essentially do the same thing, crack DVDs. You use one or the other, not both at the same time. If using DVDFab, simply disable AnyDVD. If using AnyDVD, then DVDFab is not necessary. Dunno why you'd want to use both of them, (I assume you mean having AnyDVD running and then run through DVDFab). That's just going to complicate matters with a chance of more going wrong.

I see others doing something similar to this, having AnyDVD running and then ripping with DVDD. This is just not necessary. A ripper on the back end of AnyDVD is not needed. AnyDVD has already taken care of that part. No need to have something that's essentially already ripped going into another ripper.

Last edited:
I also have the FabDvd Platinum version which I use for movies to use on the kids i-pods or PSP, whenever I use the programme it detects my AnyDvd running and asks me to disable AnyDvd to make DvdFab work correctly, I presume you would get the same message with the Gold version, hope that helps.

I had issues

I had issues with this software and AnyDVD. I can not have them both even on my computer. I opted to keep AnyDVD as I had paid for it.

With mine I had to completely uninstall DVDFab, AnyDVD, and Shrink and only install Shrink and AnyDVD again to make any encoder work again. Someone yesterday mentioned that it might have a conflict and it sure seemed to on my machine with the last version of AnyDVD (6.1.1.2)

I have not tried to install them both since the new updates. I am not sure why it is needed, as the last posters mentioned it is duplicating functions.

Good luck

I have used DVDFab Decrypter and do recall leaving AnyDVD running in the background with no ill results. There are probably some conflicts as the decrypters are probably stepping on each others toes so it likely to be a good idea to just disable AnyDVD when using another app with it's own decrypter. If I remember correctly I was using an older version of DVDFab, so the newer version may indeed require AnyDVD to be turned off completely in order the software to work. I think that the pop up is only a suggestion and not a directive.

I have used DVDFab Decrypter and do recall leaving AnyDVD running in the background with no ill results. There are probably some conflicts as the decrypters are probably stepping on each others toes so it likely to be a good idea to just disable AnyDVD when using another app with it's own decrypter. If I remember correctly I was using an older version of DVDFab, so the newer version may indeed require AnyDVD to be turned off completely in order the software to work. I think that the pop up is only a suggestion and not a directive.
No you just have to uncheck 3d party decrypters in the FAB options. It will work fine with the new V3 of FAB

Thanks for the clarification...I won't have to do any testing myself now. LOL

No you just have to uncheck 3d party decrypters in the FAB options. It will work fine with the new V3 of FAB
Hi SlyFox 1, Can't seem to see this setting in the Common Settings tag in DvdFab, am I looking in the right place?

Thanks SlyFox 1 got it, and your right it does stop the popup box asking to disable AnyDvd, all is well thanks again :D

I have FabPlatinum and AnyDVD on the same PC's with no conflicts.You will receive a this pop up window

I don't really know what you mean by compatibility. They both essentially do the same thing, crack DVDs. You use one or the other, not both at the same time. If using DVDFab, simply disable AnyDVD. If using AnyDVD, then DVDFab is not necessary. Dunno why you'd want to use both of them, (I assume you mean having AnyDVD running and then run through DVDFab). That's just going to complicate matters with a chance of more going wrong.

I see others doing something similar to this, having AnyDVD running and then ripping with DVDD. This is just not necessary. A ripper on the back end of AnyDVD is not needed. AnyDVD has already taken care of that part. No need to have something that's essentially already ripped going into another ripper.

I also use both ANY DVD & DVD Fab together. My reasoning is that ANY DVD seems to do a better job on copy protection, but it's admitted strength is not as a ripper. I also frequently use DVD Fab's splitting & customization features.
My toolbox includes Any DVD, DVD Fab Gold/Platinum, DVD Shrink (my favorite ripper for non problem dvd's) & the original DVD Decrypter for really scratched discs. As mentioned further down the thread, as long as you turn off DVD Fab's copy protection removal in their 3.x products they coexist fine with Any DVD. Point is Any DVD does a great job on copy protection issues allowing me to use whatever ripper I need at the moment.

as long as you turn off DVD Fab's copy protection removal in their 3.x products they coexist fine with Any DVD

This is the point I was making in the first place. Turning off AnyDVD before running DVDFab means AnyDVD is not used. Two separate programs, no need to rip into another ripper. It would be like ripping with DVDFab and then ripping it again with DVDD. Not necessary.

AnyDVD will rip on the fly or rip to hard drive. DVDFab will rip to hard drive. They are separate programs not intended to be run together. One doesn't need the other.

Back