• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3 Released

d.chatten

AnyDVD History

6.1.3.3 2007 03 21
- New: Show ballon tip when AnyDVD is examining discs
- New (Blu-ray): Added automatic detection and removal of region code
- New (HD DVD): Added workaround for problem with Alcohol Software's
"Hide Media Type" option
- Fix: Autostart problems on Windows Vista
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Last edited:
AnyDVD 6.1.3.3. Released

AnyDVD 6.1.3.3. Released

AnyDVD History

6.1.3.3 2007 03 21
"Hide Media Type" option
- Updated languages

Download Anydvd Here

another fine release by slysoft.. well done

6.1.3.3 contained a nasty surprise for me. While I had 6.1.3.2 installed, I could burn perfectly working Blu-rays with Roxio DVDit HD Pro. Once I installed 6.1.3.3, Roxio no longer works. It starts burning, but stops at an error immediately, complaining about a sense code. Grrrr! :mad:

Oh yeah, and the region code removal doesn't work properly either - at least not on rips. A rip of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a Region A title, won't play on my PDVD 7.3 because of Region coding. I tried both automatic and manual RC removal, neither works. AnyDVD status window says something about an error while processing disc. My guess is that AnyDVD won't work on a rip because it can't find the AACS directory on disc - there's only BDMV directory.

Last edited:
AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3., I have never had problems upgrading this program, but 6.1.3.3. gives me a message during setup saying 'Error opening file for writing'.
I have tried fresh downloads and get the same response. Anyone know what is happening?
Rainy:

AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3., I have never had problems upgrading this program, but 6.1.3.3. gives me a message during setup saying 'Error opening file for writing'.
I have tried fresh downloads and get the same response. Anyone know what is happening?
Rainy:

Have you tried uninstalling first? I've read elsewhere that you should also empty the recycle bin.

6.1.3.3 contained a nasty surprise for me. While I had 6.1.3.2 installed, I could burn perfectly working Blu-rays with Roxio DVDit HD Pro. Once I installed 6.1.3.3, Roxio no longer works. It starts burning, but stops at an error immediately, complaining about a sense code. Grrrr! :mad:

I'm careful with answering this one, because James knows a lot more about the driver related issues. But since he is extremely busy right now, I'll give you what I know (or believe to know anyway): Roxios driver is badly written, circumnavigates the driver chain in a (by Windows) unsupported manner. AnyDVD tries to cope with this kind of drivers, but if you're having trouble, playing around with "safe mode" in AnyDVD's settings might help.

Oh yeah, and the region code removal doesn't work properly either - at least not on rips. A rip of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a Region A title, won't play on my PDVD 7.3 because of Region coding. I tried both automatic and manual RC removal, neither works. AnyDVD status window says something about an error while processing disc. My guess is that AnyDVD won't work on a rip because it can't find the AACS directory on disc - there's only BDMV directory.

Didn't you rip that one with AnyDVD? Because doing this, AnyDVD would remove the region coding completely from the rip, so no further handling of region codes would ever be neccessary (the rip should be region free).

But it also might have another reason: there is an additional region code checking method on some BDs, which is not yet being handled by AnyDVD HD (a fix for that is in the pipeline and should be available in a few days).

Roxios driver is badly written, circumnavigates the driver chain in a (by Windows) unsupported manner. AnyDVD tries to cope with this kind of drivers, but if you're having trouble, playing around with "safe mode" in AnyDVD's settings might help.

Hi Peer,

Could issues I described here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3235 also be caused by AnyDVD and Roxio drivers interfering in some strange ways?

I will try to do my comparisons using the "safe mode" and see what happens.

Actually, Roxio drivers (if you are talking about pxhelp20.sys, I also have DRVMCDB.SYS, DLACDBHM.SYS, and something else) are quite popular. Many programs install pxhelp20.sys without you even knowing it (Photoshop Elements, for example). As far as I know in Vista it is even part of the system. So it would be good if you come up with some effective solution for this problem.

Didn't you rip that one with AnyDVD? Because doing this, AnyDVD would remove the region coding completely from the rip, so no further handling of region codes would ever be neccessary (the rip should be region free).
Actually, I'm not sure anymore. I've been using three different solutions for testing. Dammit, I knew I should've kept some records instead of relying on the grey matter. Let's assume I didn't use AnyDVD for this one, and the result is BDMV directory only.

But it also might have another reason: there is an additional region code checking method on some BDs, which is not yet being handled by AnyDVD HD (a fix for that is in the pipeline and should be available in a few days).
I always thought RC was in the AACS directory, but this is clearly not the case. Or maybe it's there as well, and AnyDVD can't handle RC if it's in the BDMV directory?

Could issues I described here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3235 also be caused by AnyDVD and Roxio drivers interfering in some strange ways?

Highly improbable. I also doubt that these differences you're seeing are worth mentioning at all. All rips we've done are in perfect condition (checked for consistentcy sectorwise), so unless you observe any problems with picture or sound - forget about it.

Actually, Roxio drivers (if you are talking about pxhelp20.sys, I also have DRVMCDB.SYS, DLACDBHM.SYS, and something else) are quite popular. Many programs install pxhelp20.sys without you even knowing it (Photoshop Elements, for example).

1. Search google for pxhelp20.sys in combination with BSOD and similar problems. Thousands and thousands of hits.
2. yes, quite some programs install this driver and the funny thing about it is: at least in many cases you can remove it from the registry and these programs will just keep on working fine.

As far as I know in Vista it is even part of the system.

Wow, that would be alarming. Would this driver pass WHQL? I doubt that.
Well anyway: my Vista installation has never seen this driver (I could tell blindly, 'cause everything works), so: no, it doesn't seem to be part of Vista.

So it would be good if you come up with some effective solution for this problem.

Oddly enough, Slysoft is used to putting effort into working around other software's bugs - and James in fact has gone into lots of trouble already to make AnyDVD "compatible" to this kind of driver (means: in most cases it will work despite of the presence of pxhelp20.sys).

Well anyway: wait for James, he'll clear this up, if anyone.

I always thought RC was in the AACS directory

No it's not

but this is clearly not the case. Or maybe it's there as well, and AnyDVD can't handle RC if it's in the BDMV directory?

Both methods for region checking are in the directory/subdirectory of BDMV, AnyDVD HD currently only removes one of them, the other will follow in the next version (it's already done, just not released yet).

Both methods for region checking are in the directory/subdirectory of BDMV, AnyDVD HD currently only removes one of them, the other will follow in the next version (it's already done, just not released yet).
Thank you for the info, peer. Can't wait to try out the new version, whenever it's released.

I will try to do my comparisons using the "safe mode" and see what happens.

On my system, when I select "safe mode", AnyDVD does not seem to be working at all. At least not with Blu-ray discs: AACS folder stays there, and when I try to play .m2ts file directly by PowerDVD, it crashes. Even though AnyDVD still says "AACS protection has been removed." in Status screen. Does it mean anything?

Well anyway: my Vista installation has never seen this driver (I could tell blindly, 'cause everything works), so: no, it doesn't seem to be part of Vista.

Actually I'm also not sure about this particular file, but there was a press release from Sonic called "Sonic Provides Burning Engine in Windows Vista" here: http://www.sonic.com/about/press/news/2006/10/vista.aspx. I do not know what exactly they mean under "Burning Engine", but it seems there is indeed something from Sonic/Roxio in Vista.

Hi,

there seems to be problems with the new Buena Vista BluRay European Releases:

- The Guardian: AnyDVD HD tells me, that the BluRay is locked to Region A, but it is actually locked to Region B. So the automatic Region settings will not work (Power DVD does not play disc (wrong region)). If I set it manually to Region B it works.

- Gone in 60 seconds: AnyDVD tells me that the region could not be found, but it plays with PowerDVD

Regards,
Franz

- The Guardian: AnyDVD HD tells me, that the BluRay is locked to Region A, but it is actually locked to Region B. So the automatic Region settings will not work (Power DVD does not play disc (wrong region)). If I set it manually to Region B it works.

The information about what region(s) a disc is locked cannot be read from the disc just like that. AnyDVD does several probability checks to find out, which region(s) a title appears to be locked to.
So it is expected, that this algorithm fails every now and then. That's why the "manual override" is there after all... Nothing special.

- Gone in 60 seconds: AnyDVD tells me that the region could not be found, but it plays with PowerDVD

Not sure if I understand what you mean here. If the region could not be found, this could either mean, there is no region lock anyway, or it simply couldn't be determined. Same as above.

Before I forget: when the next release is out (AnyDVD HD > 6.1.3.6), please somebody check this with "The Guardian Region B". Might work better then.
The "other" Guardian is Regions A&C and works, so no need to check that one.

Thanks!

AnyDVD History

6.1.3.3 2007 03 21
"Hide Media Type" option
- Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

alcohol 120% replicates and not clones.
dvdidle pro does not work well with alcohol 120%.

is anydvd any good? is it going to support alcohol 120% past version 1.9.6 and hd dvd and blue ray if alcohol 120% supports replicating image files mds and mdf and replicating copying?

Last edited:
alcohol 120% replicates and not clones.

I fail to see what distinction you're making.

dvdidle pro does not work well with alcohol 120%.

dvdidlepro hasn't been updated since Oct. 26, 2006. Consequently, it can't handle most newer protections, and whatever bugs the program does have are likely to remain until the program is finally updated.

is anydvd any good?

Anydvd is the only program that allows you to decrypt on the fly and also works on a driver level. Consequently, Anydvd is certainly better than either DVD Region+CSS Free and dvdidlepro, which haven't been updated since Oct. 26, 2006 and are unable to handle newer protections. Anydvd HD also adds on-the-fly decryption of Blu-ray and HD-DVD, which are also features neither DVD Region+CSS Free nor dvdidlepro currently support. The same developer of those programs does make a freeware decrypter that handles those formats; however, it does not decrypt on the fly, nor does it function on a driver level.

is it going to support alcohol 120% past version 1.9.6

Alcohol 120%, according to someone who works for Alcohol 120%, won't preserve the original layer break position when using Anydvd and dvd+R DL media. This is rather odd for a program that "replicates" as you claim, because certainly clonecd does retain the original layer break position when backing up commercial dvd-video releases with Anydvd running in the background. Alcohol does require Anydvd or another program to decrypt.

and hd dvd and blue ray if alcohol 120% supports replicating image files mds and mdf and replicating copying?

It would be foolhardy to attempt to predict compatibility with the non-existent features of a non-Slysoft program.

Last edited:
Back