• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

when i back up disney movie camera appears

lissa

I have spent many hours searching the forum and reading the very helpful and educational posts however have not found the answer to my problem. I hope someone can help me.

I have made succesful backups of all kinds of DVD's but have ran across a problem with certain Disney animated DVD's. When I play back the copy at certain points a little movie camera will show up and usually "1/3" I thought originally that the problem was that I had copied only 1 version of the movie to save space and therefore not all the camera angles but alas when I tried copying all versions and in fact copied everything on disc I still have the same problem. I have successfully copied some Disney and it does not seen to be an issue of newer vs older. The following is a list of the failures and a few of the successes. I hope this is not an incredible stupid question but I had to ask, sorry. Thank you in advance, Lissa

Success: Cars, Finding Nemo, The Rescuers
Failure: Dinosaur, Brother Bear, Rescuers Down Under, Aristocats, The Incredibles

I have tried downloading the most recent version of clonedvd and the problem persists.

It sounds to me as though you're copying the wrong titles in Clonedvd. Ensure you click the titles and watch the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're actually selecting what you want to backup. You may also want to ensure "preserve menus" is checked in Clonedvd2.

I have always had the menus preserved and have also always previewed the movie. Any other suggestions?

I have always had the menus preserved and have also always previewed the movie. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried watching the backups on your computer. Does the same thing happen?

"1/3" sounds like different angles, but I was under the impression most animated films don't offer multiple angles. If there are multiple angles, then you are selecting the wrong titles in Clonedvd.

Last edited:
I have not because of an unrelated issue that was resolved last night (no speakers). I will try that now and post the answer soon.

I have not because of an unrelated issue that was resolved last night (no speakers). I will try that now and post the answer soon.

Anyway, if you also see the movie camera while watching on your computer, the issue does, in fact, have to do with what you're choosing to backup within Clonedvd2. I would be able to help you further if I owned any of those movies, but I don't. I do own Aladdin and Mulan, but I certainly don't remember a movie camera in my backups.

I did play it back on computer and voila everything is fine. No cameras in the corner. I tried it on 2 of our other dvd players and the camera appears in the corner. I think I also need to clarify-when the camera shows up it is a white picture on top of the movie and the movie continues playing. After a varying amount of time it will go away only to reappear later.

I did play it back on computer and voila everything is fine. No cameras in the corner.

The issue is with some setting on your television, dvd players, or remotes, then. This has nothing to do with Clonedvd or Anydvd.

Last edited:
try pressing the angle button when it appears even tho its animated also which movie is it i have several Disney backups

try pressing the angle button when it appears even tho its animated also which movie is it i have several Disney backups

In "The Incredibles" the camera first appears during the tile-when you press the angle button it gives the title in 3 different languages.

In "The Incredibles" the camera first appears during the tile-when you press the angle button it gives the title in 3 different languages.

My friend owns the R1 version of that title, and I just asked him if he had a camera appear during the playback of his backup. He said no. Unless you selected the wrong title in Clonedvd (and we already established that you haven't because you watched it on your computer without issue), then I can only conclude that the issue lies with a setting on your television, standalone dvd players, or a setting on your remotes that is making that camera icon appear. Possibly in your television manual or dvd player manual, you will see that movie player icon listed and what it means.

Last edited:
Angle Display wont go away

I also have this problem. Almost all Disney DVD's do this to me. Cars didn't and a few others, but for the most part, they all do it. I have done a 1-1 copy and get the same results as doing a minimilized copy removing some of the other angles. It also does it on multiple players. It is very annoying. I still have not found a solution. I still think it is related to the software. Even if there is a setting on the player, the software is making the option available.

I also have this problem. Almost all Disney DVD's do this to me. Cars didn't and a few others, but for the most part, they all do it. I have done a 1-1 copy and get the same results as doing a minimilized copy removing some of the other angles. It also does it on multiple players. It is very annoying. I still have not found a solution. I still think it is related to the software. Even if there is a setting on the player, the software is making the option available.

Solution 1:
Disable the display of the camera icon in your player settings.

Solution 2:
Disable "Prohibited user operations" in AnyDVD (but you probably won't be able to switch angles with your remote anymore, and you can't skip all previews / trailers, if Disney doesn't want you to do this...)

Camera Solution

Thank you for the reply. While you were doing it I rechecked the setup on the primary player, and sure enough there is a setting called angle mark that was turned on. Turned it off....problem solved. Will check my other players. Thanks for your help.

This is real simple as James has pointed out. The "Camera Icon" appears during playback to tell you that if you want to watch certain scenes of the movie from a different angle or to see certain interspliced InfiniFilm type special features, then press the angle button on your player's remote control. When the angle icon is not showing it means that there are no angle scenes available during that part of the movie.

If you don't want to make use of angle titlesets when watching a movie the just go into your DVD player's onscreen setup menu and turn off "onscreen player icons" or whatever they are called on your brand of DVD player. Just read your player's owner manual.

It doesn't matter even if one deselects all angles when making a CloneDVD backup of an original that includes angles. If you haven't turned off this player-feature, the angle icon will still appear when playing the backup because even though you didn't include angles in your copy, the "shell" of the angle still remains in your backup and your player will still react to the angle command coming from the disk being played.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Back