• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

trouble displaying HD movie

steviesteele

Hello all,
OK, we have
Pavilion dv9260nr laptop
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 video
HDMI cable
Sharp Aquos 37" LCD HDTV
The silly Quickplay HD software
PowerDVD ultra
and of course AnyDVD HD

The Pavilion comes with an HD DVD player. I have no problem watching the movies on the latop, but the pc also comes with an HDMI port to hook up to the tv, presumably.
When I do this, I can see everything but the movie on the tv. Formerly, before anydvd, the program would stop at the beginning and tell me that I could not view in the display mode (also presumable an HDCP problem).
AnyDVD indicates that display connection problems are resolved by AnyDVD, but I can't figure out why I can't watch the movie itself on the tv, while it continues to play on the laptop itself.

Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

Stevie

Hello all,
OK, we have
Pavilion dv9260nr laptop
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 video
HDMI cable
Sharp Aquos 37" LCD HDTV
The silly Quickplay HD software
PowerDVD ultra
and of course AnyDVD HD

The Pavilion comes with an HD DVD player. I have no problem watching the movies on the latop, but the pc also comes with an HDMI port to hook up to the tv, presumably.
When I do this, I can see everything but the movie on the tv. Formerly, before anydvd, the program would stop at the beginning and tell me that I could not view in the display mode (also presumable an HDCP problem).
AnyDVD indicates that display connection problems are resolved by AnyDVD, but I can't figure out why I can't watch the movie itself on the tv, while it continues to play on the laptop itself.

Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

Stevie

Hi, I think it's also in your case a PowerDVD Ultra/7.1/7.3-issue: I have a HDCP compliant display, the new Benq FP241WZ and i have a HDCP compliant graphics card MSI Geforce NX7900GS. And i use a DVI-to-HDMI cable.

Without AnyDVD HD activated PowerDVD stops at the beginning of playing an HD DVD with message code 0103, and the Cyberlink BD/HD Advisor sais "display digital without HDCP", which is definitively wrong: The HDCP-Handshake is functional, because i see the boot menu, Win XP desktop etc. over the DVI-to-HDMI cable (if the HDCP-handshake would not work i had only a bluescreen). Display sais "Input HDMI". Only Power DVD Ultra does not recognize the functional HDCP.

Funny situation: Bought all HDCP compliant environment and cannot watch HD content... :disagree:

I wrote Cyberlink about this BIG issue and they answered me that they are aware of this issue and R&D dept ist already informed, and they will release an update patch to fix it.

Thanks a lot to the Slysoft crew that i can watch my HD DVDs nethertheless with AnyDVD HD. :clap: AnyDVD HD is in my case an act of self-defense to protect my (expensive bought) rights.

Last edited:
Thanks Gorgon:) I know what you mean about expensive bought rights, it just shows that it's getting harder and harder to get the manufacturers to deliver their promises. Imagine that Pavilion puts the HDMI port on the computer, puts a sticker on the computer that says "makes playing your HD content on your HDTV easy" but NO HD DVD movies will allow it to do that because of AACS and HCMP!

I called HP cust. service, spoke to (someone in) India, and the rep could not give me one example of HD content the computer could have had in mind other than an HD DVD in this advertising! Thus, the one case of applicability was impossible and the combined technology (HD DVD + HDMI port) was inadvertently obsolete. Hoo-boy. Thank goodness for anyDVD indeed.

Stevie

Whithout a working environment to watch HD DVDs, the few HD DVDs i bought yet would have been the last ones. That simple.

And AACS/HDCP is overkill against honest customers, proven with too much existing not working HDCP-environments.

The content industry should recognize that AnyDVD (HD) is NOT their Nemesis, In the opposite: Because of AnyDVD they have sold and rent much more DVD's in the past, and now HD DVD's and BD's.

And HDCP is a senseless thing: Which reasonable person would record a HD-signal from a DVI-port??

Last edited:
Back