• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Eragon

acaniz01

Hi there, new to the forum. Last night I was trying to create a backup of the movie Eragon and was displaying an error message after couple of seconds after strat running. Has anyone been successful with this movie?

Any help is appreciated.
:doh:

You need to be a little more specific about the error message you are getting. Copied Eragon with no probs.

Hi there, new to the forum. Last night I was trying to create a backup of the movie Eragon and was displaying an error message after couple of seconds after strat running. Has anyone been successful with this movie?

What was the error?
That movie is an easy one. Try cleaning the disc.

Eragon

I'm not in front of the computer at this point. But the error message was complaining about the disk is protected with the Analog Protection System (APS) and then said something about of getting the patch from the internet to override. I did have the same problem in another movie and I send an email to Slysoft Support three weeks ago (no answer at all).

If I go to AnyDVD Settings in the Feature removal the APS is check.

I forgot to mention I have Slysoft AnyDVD 6.1.3.3 and CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3.:(

Answer to the moderator note

:clap: Here is the information requested in step 8 & 9 in the Troubleshooting guige:

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

Information: Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8085N 0X02 0BIBA05/07/08
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2034832 sectors (3974 MBytes)
Total size: 4069654 sectors (7948 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ERAGON_WS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

9 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

Error message: Unable to copy Protected Material (APS)

Clone DVD does not support the copy of material protected by the Analog Protection System.

If it is permited to create a backup of the input material in the country you live in, you may use APS removal tolls available on the internet.

Information: Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8085N 0X02 0BIBA05/07/08
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2034832 sectors (3974 MBytes)
Total size: 4069654 sectors (7948 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ERAGON_WS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

The region of your drive does not match the region on the disc

1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
2. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
3. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
5. Click "properties".
6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
7. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
8. Start Anydvd
9. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
10. Change the default to match the region on the disc
11. Click Ok

Error message: Unable to copy Protected Material (APS)

Is Anydvd running when you're trying to use Clonedvd? If not, ensure it is.
And if Anydvd was running, try this:

With anydvd running on your toolbar, click the red fox icon.
On the left, select "Program settings".
On the right, select "Safe mode"
Click "ok", and see if Clonedvd works

And if those steps don't work, then we'll try looking at some other stuff.

Last edited:
The region of your drive does not match the region on the disc

Of on the reason I originally purchased anydvd is because it 'ignores' region. This should be taken care of on the fly.

Of on the reason I originally purchased anydvd is because it 'ignores' region. This should be taken care of on the fly.

Sometimes, in order for Anydvd to get the right css key, it's necessary to have the drive's region match the region on the disc. It isn't always necessary (and sometimes the warning message in Anydvd can be ignored), but it is sometimes necessary.

It works

Setting up the the Region did the trick. Thank you soooo much for your help, and to all for the inputs.

I have same problem but my region code is right

I get the EXACT problem, but my region code is 1! and my drives code is 1 too!

Any ideas? I tried the safe mode, to no avail, I still get the CSS copy protected disk

Thanks!

Any ideas? I tried the safe mode, to no avail, I still get the CSS copy protected disk

Thanks!

In AnyDVD try to check the option ''Use CSS Key Archive''.

That won't do anything Tex. That feature is only there so a list of recently cracked CSS encryptions can be stored so that the next time the DVD is inserted, it will speed up the loading time because AnyDVD just uses the key in the database.

Thanks!

Who or what gives this message?

Be aware that FOX likes to add Region Code Enhancement to their DVD's. This was probably the reason behind it not working for acaniz01 because even with AnyDVD you need to manually set your drive to match this. As for ealbers, i have no idea.......:confused:

Back