• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem copying new DVD

jpmccusa

I am having trouble with a new DVD: "Horobicheu-reul wihayeo" (aka "For Horowitz"). When I play or copy the DVD with or without AnyDVD active, I start getting picture blackouts lasting several seconds. I copied the disc, but when I play the copy, I get more or less the same thing, except the blackouts are filled with the opening frame of the film proper (distributor logo). The original DVD plays fine on an ordinary DVD player---I haven't checked the copy yet.

I have sent an email with the IFO files to slysoft support.

Here's the settings readout:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.29 06/08/10PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2008576 sectors (3923 MBytes)
Total size: 3917328 sectors (7651 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FOR_HOROWITZ
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 3!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 3!

Question: anything else I should be doing?

When you rip the DVD to the HD are you ripping it to Region 1 as the media is region 3 and your burner is region 1. Try ripping it to the HD and make sure the DVD is ripped as region 1 in the default settings. Also is the DVD in PAL format as I am not sure if region 3 is PAL or NTSC. If it is PAL then you will have to convert the PAL to NTSC for a proper copy to be made.

OK, here's what happened

With the thing unchecked, instead of blacking out, it goes to the main menu (audio remains unaffected).

This only happens with the subtitles activated.

It is NTSC.

The copy plays fine on the ordinary DVD player but not on the PC, as does the original.

The same thing happens with AnyDVD deactivated.

Back