• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best of All Worlds

wdgoldstein

Beta Tester
I do not know why folks have problems streaming HD content over a 100mbps wired Ethernet Network. I have been doing so sucessfully between my Office and my HTPC since the first version of AnyDVD/HD Beta was released. Just yesterday I picked up a Sony BD drive to add to my system and last night watched League of Extrodianry Gentlemen From the Blu-Ray disk ripped to my office computer over the network to my HTPC with PowerDVD 7.3.

I get no stutter with both sound and picture perfect. Thanks to AnyDVD/HD I don't need to worry about my Plasma and HTPC Video not being HDMI and/or HTCP compliant. Is anyone else doing this?

In case anyone cares my hardware is as follows:

MAIN SYSTEM
Intel D945PWM Motherboard
Intel P4D 3.4G
4 Gig 667mhz DDR2
Hauppauge USB2 PVR
Sigmatel 7.1 Surround Sound Out via S/PDIF
Pioneer VSX-V510 Surround Receiver w/5.1 Speakers
Sony DVD-RW
Pioneer DVD-RW
X-Box 360 HD-DVD
Sony BWU-100A BD-RW
ATI X1950 w/512 Feeding (HDCP)
LF L226W 22” Widescreen Monitor (HDCP)
Maxient 27” HDTV
ATI X1300 w/512 feeding
(2) LG L1710S Monitors
Combined 3Tb Storage (9 HDD’s)
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

HTPC
Intel D945PWM Motherboard
Intel P4D 3.4G
4 Gig 667mhz DDR2
Sigmatel 7.1 Surround Sound Out via S/PDIF
Yamaha HTR-5890 7.1 Surround Receiver w/KEF 5.1 Speakers
Sony DVD-RW
ATI X1600 w/512 Feeding
JCV (3 year old) 720P Plasma Monitor
250G SATA HDD
Belkin MediaPilot RF keyboard/Mouse
Windows XP Pro SP2

I think most of us are interested in streaming to a media extender from our PC's. For most people, if they have a HTPC, streaming wouldn't really be needed in most cases, because you would simply rip it to the HTPC to begin with. And at this time, there are no media streamers available that can handle the bit rate of HD movies, although some potential ones are slated for release in the near future.

Well

I think most of us are interested in streaming to a media extender from our PC's. For most people, if they have a HTPC, streaming wouldn't really be needed in most cases, because you would simply rip it to the HTPC to begin with. And at this time, there are no media streamers available that can handle the bit rate of HD movies, although some potential ones are slated for release in the near future.

Are there media extenders who have the software to play HD-DVD or Blu-ray? If there are then having them hardwired should do the trick.

Back