• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Menu selection missing in menus

Zephyr

Hello all,
Using AnyDVD 6.1.3.3 and CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3 I have tried to make back-ups of my kids DVD program ("Barbapapa" series - it is French). It seems to have copied perfectly using the Clone DVD option. However, in the main menu selection screen (and the sub-menus) there is supposed to be a star or a line which indicates which of the menu options are selected - this is missing. I have now copied 2 different DVDs with the same problem. It makes selection of anu menu option a guessing game... quite annoying.

Some information about my system and disks
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A104 07032505744BI31507
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2197049 sectors (4291 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Barbapapa Vol1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

I am using Verbatim DVD-R x16 discs and burning at x8. I do not have "remove annoying adverts and trailers" selected in AnyDVD.

I hope there is a simple resolution - it is not a deal breaker but annoying nonetheless.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Zephyr

I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, but I'll tell you what it's not an issue with:

1. It's not an issue with Anydvd.
2. It's not an issue with your blank media
3. It's not an issue with your burn speed.

The issue likely has something to do with Clonedvd (possibly something not being selected)--or possibly that Clonedvd isn't working properly with something involving the menus of the title, although that seems terribly odd to me.

The issue may also be specific to whatever you're trying to play your backup on. Have you tried your backups on another standalone player? Does the "star line" appear? How about on your computer?

Last edited:
Hello - thank you for the quick reply !

I just tried the copy in another player (which I happen to have luckily) and the selection bar/star is also missing. This also occurs when the disk is placed in the PC. Placement of the original disk in either the PC or the DVD player results in the appearance of the selection bar/star.

It is almost as is if this "feature" was not copied across. The menus function but I just cannot see what is selected before I press on OK or enter.

I have not tried the "Copy DVD Titles" option as the DVD is basically a set of cartoons and is showing 100% quality bar.

:confused:

Hello - thank you for the quick reply !

I just tried the copy in another player (which I happen to have luckily) and the selection bar/star is also missing. This also occurs when the disk is placed in the PC. Placement of the original disk in either the PC or the DVD player results in the appearance of the selection bar/star.

It is almost as is if this "feature" was not copied across. The menus function but I just cannot see what is selected before I press on OK or enter.

This does sound to me as though it's an issue with Clonedvd2 dealing with this specific set of disks. I would write to Elaborate Bytes: support(at)elby.ch

Mention your serial number and provide the information in this thread. Also, I would include a link (url) to this thread, so they can take a look.

If you selected "Clone DVD", then "preserve menus" should be selected automatically in addition to all the titles, so the only conclusion I can reach is that Clonedvd2 must not work properly with Barbapapa Vol1 as far as the menus go.

I suspect that if you use Clonecd instead of Clonedvd2, you will not experience this issue. Because the source disc is single layer
you can use your Verbatim +R media using these steps (just ignore the part about having to use Verbatim +R DL media):
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

The reason I believe Clonecd will work is because it's a 1:1 sector copier (it should copy everything on the source disk).

Last edited:
Hello Webslinger,
you were right by cloneCD - it copied across the missing feature. How odd...

Naturally, when I bought my keys to AnyDVD and CloneDVD last week I thought I would not need cloneCD !

OK, I will write to Elby and hopefully they can help.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Zeph

Naturally, when I bought my keys to AnyDVD and CloneDVD last week I thought I would not need cloneCD !

I rarely use Clonedvd2. I use Clonecd with Verbatim +R DL media, and since then I just haven't come across the issues that other people come across. I do pay more by using Verabtim +R DL media (but I also don't lose any picture quality by having to compress video to fit on regular single layer discs; in this case your source disc was single layer anyway, so that didn't matter). I would recommend contacting Elaborate Bytes (since they are the developers of Clonedvd).

Last edited:
If you ever happen to return to this thread, I have some other thoughts. Can you please put the original disc in your drive and list the contents of what appears in Windows Explorer, please? I'm interested in anything besides the video_ts folder.

I suppose you might not return, since the issue is resolved using Clonecd instead of Clonedvd2.

Hello Webslinger,
thank you for continued interest in my issue !

The directory structure has the following:

Folder: Audio_TS

Folder: Internet

Folder: VIDEO_TS

File 1: Autorun.inf with contents below...
[autorun]
icon=internet/images/tf1video.ico

File 2: tf1video.htm
This obviously points to the Internet folder and, when clicked upon, brings up a webpage with a web address on the DVD.

By the way, I have written to Elby and at this stage have only received an acknowledgement and a request for clarification of what I mean't by the menu selection appeared to be missing.

Regards,
Zeph.

Clonedvd only backs up video title sets; it doesn't back up computer programs/files that may be listed as bonus dvd-rom features. Clonecd backs up everything. I thought that perhaps the selection bar/star graphic is somehow stored as a computer graphic file image somewhere, but that seems a bit unlikely to me.

Anyway, you should probably tell Elby to please visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3250

Last edited:
Back