• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What to buy

jmslgn7

I got Any DVD and Clone DVD for a gift I have never burned a movie in my life how do i know which blank media to buy?

TSST corp CDRW/DVD TSL462C This is what is in my device manager

TSST corp CDRW/DVD TSL462C This is what is in my device manager

Everything I'm reading online is saying that this drive is a Samsung oem drive (often comes in dell systems) and burns blank cd media only, although I'm finding that hard to believe.

Last edited:
Tsst

According to other threads, that is a CD burner with DVD read only.

Dadgummit Webslinger, you did it again!

According to other threads, that is a CD burner with DVD read only.

Well, if you're finding the same information, then I guess it's true. Weird that Dell would use this drive for its XPS laptop line (even if it was an older XPS line).

Dadgummit Webslinger, you did it again!

:D

The TSST corp CDRW/DVD TSL462C is a combo drive. Not unusual for Laptops if the buyer selected that in their build.

The TSST corp CDRW/DVD TSL462C is a combo drive. Not unusual for Laptops if the buyer selected that in their build.

Yeah, but my drive in my dell notebook is a samsung oem writer as well (I was not happy about getting this writer, but I didn't have much choice) and burns dvds, and the XPS Dell line is its expensive gaming line of notebooks. I suppose the review I was reading must have been old (I'm not sure how long the XPS notebook line has been around), so it's probably an older XPS notebook review I was looking at. (The only reason I bought a Dell notebook was due to getting it over $600 below cost, as opposed to $600 below retail, so it's not as though I'm huge fan of Dell--or having anything built for me in general).

Last edited:
that to me says, cd rewritable and a dvd rom, would it not be a cd-dvd/rw for a dvd writer?

Yes, I was just surprised that a non-dvd writer was being bundled with Dell's XPS notebook line at one point is all, so I did a bit of a double take; I wouldn't expect expensive/premium notebooks to have a non-dvd writer (but perhaps that's what was available at the time).

Last edited:
Yes, I was just surprised that a non-dvd writer was being bundled with Dell's XPS notebook line at one point is all, so I did a bit of a double take; I wouldn't expect expensive/premium notebooks to have a non-dvd writer (but perhaps that's what was available at the time).
your right, as usual :D i think every PC/laptop nowadays should have a dvd writer installed, cheap or expensive.

a girl on another forum i use bought a dvd/rw from dell as hers had failed and they charged her £70 :eek: for it, she also had to fit it herself

a girl on another forum i use bought a dvd/rw from dell as hers had failed and they charged her £70 :eek: for it, she also had to fit it herself

Ouch. For that price, I think I'd just (and possibly pay a bit extra) use an external usb portable writer.

Last edited:
That's a very high price. If I were in her situation I wouldn't buy it. Considering the fact that she had to fit it herself or that she had to pay someone to fix it I prefer to buy an USB it's much cheaper.

I totally agree.

This situation is not at all unusual among the big name pre-builts. They offer a sale on a Laptop with a large CPU (which often comes with a lower FSB) and usually a large HDD but they cut back on other hardware (i.e. DVDRW) and make it available for a small addition in cost.

Back