• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media errors and freezing up

wiggy97

Like a number of other I have recently begun to have serious problems with media errors. However I am using Verbatim Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 16X and they write without any problems in a DVD recorder and using DVD shrink. The problems have only begun since I upgraded to AnyDVD 6.1.3.3. Sometimes the disc will stop after about 35% sometimes it never shows that it is writing more than 0% even though it is but wull eventuallu show media error, sometimes the program stops responding, sometimes it causes Zonealarm to stop responding and sometimes I simply get 100% cpu.
Please sort this out!
Thanks
W

Errors

I noticed strange things after 6.1.3.3 also when I tried to use CloneDVD. I found that some AnyDVD options were different than how I usually have them set (particularly the Use CSS Key Archive checkbox). You might go through all of them to verify something didn't change.

I haven't had one problem using both. You will need to go through the steps Webslinger will outline.

sometimes the program stops responding, sometimes it causes Zonealarm to stop responding and sometimes I simply get 100% cpu.

It sounds to me as though you may have spyware or possibly a virus on your system.

Anyway, I suppose you could also try a couple of other things:

1. Click this

Do what it says to do.

Also, check to see if there's a better ide/ata busmaster driver available for you possibly from your motherboard's support website if Microsoft's default drivers aren't working well for you.
If you're not using Microsoft's default drivers, then please do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Problem

I haven't had one problem using both. You will need to go through the steps Webslinger will outline.

That may have been true for you, wasn't for me. No problem on the last 15 upgrades either (except 6.1.1.3), just something with this one.

And Webslinger............Yes, you certainly are.:D

Otters

No, got to admit that was good. Would have thought it was an April Fools joke, except it was early.

Maybe......that's the REAL you?

Last edited:
Webslinger
I do not have spyware or a virus, I have AnyDVD 6.1.3.3. I have produced hundreds of DVD's without any problem until the "upgrade" so I will need convincing that the culprit is elsewhere especially as the first time I used dvdshrink/nero I had no media write errors!
W

Webslinger
Lower filters AnyDVD ElbyCDFL ElbyDelay PxHelp20 drvmcdx sscdbhk5
Upper filter GEARAspiWDM
Thanks
W

You sure that's not a "b" at the end instead of an "x"?

drvmcdb - Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

sscdbhk5 - A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions. Yet unknown which program it belongs to.

info given by http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

1. I would try uninstalling any Veritas or Sonic Solutions software on my system until those two filter entries no longer appear, and try again.

2. do this

But if your cpu is going to 100% usage, zonealarm and other things are freezing on you, I suggest something you have running in the background is messing up your system.

Webslinger
Yes its a b.
I've already installed the drivers
I've removed Sonic but drvmcdb remains
W

Webslinger
I had trouble removing Sonic DLA but appear to have now removed it along with Sonic Record Now.
W

Webslinger
sscdbhk5 has gone but drvmcdb remains.
I do not appear to have any Sonic products installed although I have Sonic files as it came preinstalled on my Dell system. I cannot find any Roxio software - the only other possible relevant stuff id Cyberlink PowerDVD which was preinstalled and attempts to run whenever I put a dvd in, the Nero 7 suite, WMP etc. Other than that how do I remove the file? I note the comments about BSD but have not had this yet!
Thanks
W

Back